Press a button every time you breath to recover stamina

>press a button every time you breath to recover stamina
>also stances! ... for some reason
Who the fuck thinks this is good?

Attached: images - 2022-03-11T113308.942.jpg (739x415, 40.49K)

why do ESLs struggle with breath/breathe so much?

Filtered

I beat the game without learning how to pulse or using the other stances. That stuff is just there for people who can play video games.

git gud fromtard

Attached: Jack_from_Stranger_of_Paradise.png (1089x2935, 1.94M)

>They managed to put an active reload button for melee
Will never not be funny

Attached: 1646768921619.jpg (744x694, 64.26K)

English is the filter language

You gotta go into it like a Japanese proverb, do it with style and grace, not like a fat pig struggling to go up the stairs

They don't move away from the mic enough

No one does. That's why that game is universally loathed

>do it with style and grace, not like a fat pig struggling to go up the stairs
KEK

Attached: 1630866108106.png (650x640, 58.12K)

Really?

>fromdrone
>ESL
lmao

Attached: 1917364738846.png (1281x1082, 885.37K)

Yeah, the game gives you many many "I don't play video games" crutches. The difficult thing is remembering to use them all.

>Ki pulses
Okay, so, on a technical level the ki pulse is there to create a flow which the player is supposed to try to follow as best they are able. It requires an active decision making process because if you always try to go for perfect ki pulses, you will inevitably get caught by an attack, so you're always thinking about whether or not you have enough time, you're thinking about whether or not you'll have to make do with an imperfect pulse, which means you're paying more attention to the pace of the fight and the rhythm of combat.

It rewards mastery of the game in a way that is far deeper that just knowing how many iframes your dodge button gives you by allowing you to be far more active than you otherwise would be. It's a case of being better at the game having a quadratic effect on how well you perform, meaning that player skill is heavily encouraged.

Once you understand the intent behind the ki pulse system it makes a lot of sense.

>Stances
An extension of the above design philosophy. You can play the entire game in a single stance with any weapon and be successful, but the game is encouraging you to master it because stringing together combos and stance switches gives you more efficiency in regards to ki. It's rewarding mastery in the same way that learning to properly ki pulse is doing.

This is what I like about Nioh 1&2; every mechanic has a well thought out intent and balancing; except burst counters, I didn't really like them. NuSoftware is the exact opposite. Muh shitty open world, muh spirit summon, muh revive, muh deflect (which is just watered down roll dodge), muh 3 different perilous attacks (where pressing the right button matters more than whether you're out of the hitbox or not). They're trying very hard to add new things, but it's all so shoe horned.

burst counters are cool because they serve dual purposes i.e. ferral can be used to burst counter nut it can also be used for mobility or cancelling animations
does feel like a contrived way giving fights a sense of back-and-forth though

I disagree! I think Fromsoft simply has different priorities, but their games are excellent and shouldn't be regarded with such derision even if you personally dislike what their priorities result in them creating.

As an idort who deeply enjoys both KT/Team Ninja games and Fromsoft games, they both have their appeal and they both do several things extremely well, but there's not as much overlap as being in the same genre would imply. In my eyes, Elden Ring is just as much of a triumph as Nioh 2 was. I do wish the subtle intricacies of Nioh's design were understood by a wider audience, but that's just not going to happen, and I've made my peace with it.

I wanna play this but I'm too much of a shitter.

Combat system is objectively superior to soulsshit, but it feels like it's stuck in the wrong type of game, like it would feel better in some sort of monster hunter style game instead of some hamfisted souls clone design. Shame. Also the DLC sucks.

I love Sekiro so I thought about buying Nioh
then I looked and gameplay and holy shit it looks terrible

>newfags can't into infinite combos
I hope you "breath" helium, Esteban

Oh look, the shitposter is done playing ER so he's back to making daily Nioh bait threads.