How do i make it not run like shit?

how do i make it not run like shit?

Attached: RPCS3-PC-2.png (1380x645, 614.39K)

Buy a better CPU

Use Linux

Don't use retarded settings you found from some retard on Youtube

Use patches if available for the game that disable effects like AA to improve performance

>Don't use retarded settings
how do i tell if they're retarded?

Check the wiki for settings, and actually read what the settings do, some you may not want to enable. For example there's settings which will only minorly improve performance but at the cost of graphical bugs.
If it's still not playable with those settings check the forum posts, there might be patches and/or settings you can try that haven't been added to the wiki yet.
If it still runs like shit the game might just not be playable yet.
If all games run like shit get a better CPU.

Did you change them from default without the wiki telling you to?

Then they're probably retarded. RPCS3 has very sane defaults.

>don't be retarded
>unironically suggests linux

Get a decent computer.

6 core or better CPU
Anything higher than 1060 6GB(AMD Equivalent) on GPU
Essentially anything in the last 3-4 years it should be able to run RPCS3 with ease. But i would agree that the CPU is going to be a major importance on emulation.

Just get a ps3. Softmod it. Takes like 20 mins

does linny really help with performance?

no

PS3 runs like shit and it takes ages to install games. especially if they have a lot of updates to install.
Except for the few games that don't run properly on RPCS3 yet there's no benefit to playing on real hardware.

If the game's emulation is listed as good and your CPU is half-decent, then it should work well. There will be some jank because of the shaders compilation, but overall it's a competently made emulator.

better performance for most emulators.

exhibit a

Does RPCS3 effectively utilize CPU threads or is it mostly dependent upon single thread speed like most emulators?

Yes.

It'll go all out when compiling PPU modules and so on, the more threads you got the better.

Attached: Screenshot at 2022-03-12 02-39-12.png (637x378, 36.45K)

>PCfriends still figuring out how to run console games almost 2 decades old
that's a #yikes and #cringe from me

Attached: camille_artofwar.jpg (1360x768, 125.4K)

In game things are calmer of course.

Attached: Screenshot at 2022-03-12 02-42-04.png (2400x1374, 1.35M)

The emulator literally runs better on linux and uses OpenGL and Vulkan shit. PS3 games use UNIX as its default OS and Linux is more UNIX than Microshits. Stop being a Windows swallower.

That's encouraging, I know PCSX2 doesn't effectively use multiple threads to emulate the Emotion Engine's 8 "CPU unit" design without a hack that breaks most games.

About to start playing Demon's Souls
Do I have to set up the keyboard and mouse with third party software?

>The emulator literally runs better on linux
Source: dude trust me

mmmmm delicious microsoft boot

Is this a Squid Game reference?

Who mods a PS3 and doesn’t have an SSD in it? There’s tons of games that don’t run or run properly emulated. I’ll stick to real hardware until it breaks desu