Dark Souls has no lore

>the plot is barely there
>the game worlds consist of different themes rather than actual areas with content
>the deepest world building you get is two sentences describing a sword
>the three games have seemingly nothing to do with each other except for some fan service references
>every single being is hostile for no apparent reason making the world more akin to a beat-em-up than a fantasy world
>all the lore has essentially been made up by wiki editors and YouTube videos
The games are great but why do people praise the lore so much? They've seemingly made as little substance as possible to make the players curious, while never giving any answers to anything.

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (256x330, 54.67K)

The flavor text on items tells the story. Not how I would prefer it (I like cutscenes) but it obviously works for people.

>The flavor text on items tells the story.
It hints at a possible connection between names and places with no connection to the game experience

Basically everything is explained. The overarching storyline is all there for all of the games, certain details are however lost, a lot of the time due to cut content or mistranslations.
A lot what's going on is told not only through item descriptions, but also through the environment. Dark Souls 1 excels at this
If there's anything you're wondering about specifically I probably explain it and back up why something is the way it is

Also
>the three games have seemingly nothing to do with each other except for some fan service references
1 and 3 have the most to do with each other due to 2 being a mess behind the scenes.

It's just laziness to write an actually good story.
Bro just read the item and look the scene bro, you will totally understand it bro

One of souls' appeals is that you can completely ignore the story and have a great time, in sharp contrast to the overabundance of games who act as if they're not just shitty movies with tacked-on gameplay.
But if you actually do want to partake in the story, you can, and it's interesting to see how things connect

>The games are great but why do people praise the lore so much?
apparently some people want to feel like they have a 10000+ iq by trying to stablish links between stuff they read in item descriptions

The snippets of things you find in the world and on items are there to inspire your inspiration and make you wonder. Video "lorekeepers" trying to figure shit out are missing the point.

it's called environmental storytelling telling you retard also literally the very first cinematic tells you the entire story.

>One of souls' appeals is that you can completely ignore the story and have a great time
Yeah and that's great, I wouldn't want it any other way, but fans are praising a lore that's pretty much just fan theories as the greatest fantasy universe in gaming

>also literally the very first cinematic tells you the entire story.
Exactly, that's how little substance there is

I sorta agree with this but there is obviously a lot of thought put behind the lore in FROM games. Loretards on youtube are missing the point by making digestible videos explaining shit rather than letting people find things out themselves

Yeah it's due to people being pretentious, you got it completely right

Fuck the fans, it doesn't matter what they think, what matters is if you enjoy something or not

>The games are great but why do people praise the lore so much
It's the ultimate form of copium to not admit that the story is shit.

It tells the surface-level backstory and it's all that is needed to understand the main plot of the game. There is more to it than that

>>the deepest world building you get is two sentences describing a sword
>he missed the part where he went back in time, saved a puppy who grew up to become a boss and who recognises you before you fight it, adding an incredible element of tragedy and poignancy to the fight and its heroic implications

nah, i did Sif way before AotA

>didn't do 10+ repeat playthroughs

>the plot is barely there
Good, focus on the gameplay.
>the game worlds consist of different themes rather than actual areas with content
??? the leves have both content and themes, what the fuck are you talking about?
>the deepest world building you get is two sentences describing a sword
There are tons of swords you know.
Yeah I'd have like more a proper sequel but meh.
>every single being is hostile for no apparent reason making the world more akin to a beat-em-up than a fantasy world
There are friendly npcs.
>all the lore has essentially been made up by wiki editors and YouTube videos
>watching streamers
>reading wikis
Did you try stop being a faggot?

>hey i recognize you!
>now i'm going to protect you from the abyss... by murdering you
dogfags are the fucking worst

Attached: sif.jpg (1280x720, 116.98K)

>prevents you from being corrupted by the abyss like his former master who in his last act of sentience threw up his shield to protect his puppy's life

Actual poetry, you will never have a heroic soul.

>by murdering you

greek tragedy look it up

You seem confused, I'm not criticising the games for any of these things, I'm criticising the lorefags for pretending there's a deep mythology there