Why won't this retard just do a stable frame rate?

Why won't this retard just do a stable frame rate?

Attached: dark-souls-miyazaki-feature[1].png (640x360, 327.51K)

it's stable on linux

Because he didn't set up shader pre caching. Steam Deck actually fixed this through emulation which is hilarious.

>he still uses the inferior OS
lol

oy vey quit it with the antisemitic remarks

Attached: 1630157644598.jpg (874x1070, 35.26K)

is the performance on PC any better? I haven't tried it in a week

Miyazaki is a hack, and a talentless ideas guy.
He is propped up and carried by his team

Its not emulation, unless you think Windows 10/11 are using an emulator too. Valve has just given Linux a just a better implementation of win32 and D3D12.

No it is emulation. It emulates DirectX 12 through Vulcan.

No it's not. You don't get the shader caching stutter but the performance otherwise varies wildly, up to a 50% performance hit in some areas compared to on windows, in my experience.

That's not what 'emulation' means user. Its not even a 'translation layer' that converts an API into an API at the same level like the old school D3D to OpenGL solutions.
Vulkan is an API that exists at essentially the same level as the internal API that vendors use to write drivers for public graphics APIs.
DXVK and VKD3D are best thought of as native vendor neutral D3D drivers.

Nvidia card? Haven't seen that with my AMD card and Mesa 22.

AMD, 5700 XT

You don't know what emulation means

Are you using Mesa 22? It has the performance fixes for Elden Ring.

Is it converting the dx12 api calls to Vulcan? Yes? Then it's emulation.

Depends on what definition of emulation you're using, even translation layers are technically emulation.
It's NOT emulating the hardware or software, but it IS emulating functionality.

Do you know when that came out? I think I switched over to windows to keep playing the game a week ago, and I was making sure to keep everything up to date. I guess I'll boot back into my main linux partition and see if mesa needs updating.

No, emulation is where you have hardware with one architecture, and you reproduce another architecture in software to run binaries that wouldn't work.

VKD3D is as I described, essentially its just like the D3D support you'd get from AMD or Nvidia on Windows with the only difference being that it was developed using the open Vulkan API, instead of the internal APIs used by the vendors.
This is like thinking that RadeonSI is an emulator.

he's busy on other things.

Attached: 1594419428897.webm (624x800, 2.73M)

>em·u·la·tion
>reproduction of the function or action of a different computer, software system, etc.
>"software emulation of complete systems"
It's emulation.

Its only just had its public release a day or two ago. Valve has been using a pre-release version on the Steam Deck, and it hasn't hit the repositories of any of the major distros yet, but its available from the usual sources for bleeding edge drivers.

Again do you think that your Nvidia driver on Windows is emulating D3D12? Because it works essentially exactly the same way. D3D12 is the public API, Nvidia writes a driver using a private API.

The only difference is that Vulkan is a public API.
Just like how RadeonSI is a native OpenGL driver written using the Gallium API.

Very cool, I'll for sure try that out again when I get back

Attached: legion vuples dab.png (500x500, 193.79K)

git gud

Stable on ps4 :')