If you fight her solo she's the most bullshit fight from ever designed yet

>if you fight her solo she's the most bullshit fight from ever designed yet
>if you use any summon she's a literal fucking joke
Amazing

Attached: images (7).jpg (701x438, 27.63K)

That is the case with literally every bullshit boss in the entire Soulsborne catalogue.

Attached: americanpsycho6.jpg (1167x664, 81.15K)

how so? I found she's possibly the only boss where a summon is likely to be more harm than good, because she heals off of them for about as much damage as they're likely to do (in addition to making her attacks more unpredictable).

Not OP but I used mimic tear, and since me and my clone bro were using UGS she got stunlocked to death

I agree, but the dissonance with her is just simply surreal

Getting easily staggered and being able to double the damage she'd get means you can outheal her gimmick incredibly easy.

I was using mimic with magic, but maybe I should try going in with MLG instead

My strat was flame of the redmanes on the guts sword, with mimic tear and the flask that makes you stagger more. Then I just spammed the weapon art and jump R2. Finished phase 2 with zero healing flasks this way.

>Fought her for hours solo
>Beat her first try with mimic
I felt no satisfaction and no regret. Why did they design her like this?

All the retard thrashing, AoE attacks that span 8 city blocks and jetpacks with rocket skates that most bosses have make sense when you realize they're designed to be fought with summons. If they tweaked them just a tiny bit fighting them alone wouldn't feel like shit.

I’m struggling against so many fights in the late game, and I’m reading comments across multiple websites about how people are beating bosses in 1-3 tries. And invariably - and I mean without fucking fail - when pressed further, everyone and their mother is using mimic tear. And hey, use whatever tools you need to succeed and have fun, but I’ve played solo for this entire series, and it’s not until Elden Ring where it has become apparent that nobody at FromSoft tested these bosses for solo melee builds. Two shots out the ass at 50 vigor is not acceptable. If you swing your greatsword during that rare opening after a boss throws a tantrum, and the boss is immune to stagger, you immediately need to roll away at the soonest possible frame to avoid getting hit. It’s complete bullshit that they expect the player to use summons this time around, or to stand back and pelt the boss with magic missiles.

Attached: 53BABB95-ACD5-4297-A444-DEB068A2B702.png (200x200, 17.4K)

>Hurr me use Mimic Tear and fight easy
No shit, this spirit is nothing short of a cheat code in game that is gonna get the nerf hammer extremely hard.

PVE shit won't get nerfed.

Souls combat is and always has been deeply flawed at a core level but will never be reworked because From wants to play it safe.

>colossal weapons scrape by off of stagger
>there's no stagger indicator so you're hoping it works sometimes
>have to exclusively jump attack or be punished
>have to roll asap to not be punished, but then boss movesets are also made to punish rolling
>go to heal after getting punished for rolling, but boss reads your input and punishes you for that too
my shieldless colossal weapon run was the most suffering i've had in a souls game. when people ask me what to build i say literally anything but a colossal weapon and to use shields, spirit summons, fuckin anything they can. just because it's possible without them doesn't mean anything. it's not even rewarding. finally beating melania was not rewarding. there's only relief that you don't have to deal with that particular annoying ass shit anymore until the next boss.

It would depend on your build, if you used a simple longsword or greatsword and shield it would probably turtle and heal her constantly. If it was a pure caster it might stand there like an idiot and die near instantly. In my case it was OP as fuck

I began doing Godfrey coop to farm some souls before NG+ and to help people out using his axe. Shit feels so fucking bad to actually swing at him with due to animation locks out the ass. I feel like I NEED to counter-shield him or I'm doing fucking no damage without getting punished for 1/3rd of my healthbar. And Godfrey isn't even a fucking bad boss besides his 1.5 phase quakespam. Cannot fucking fathom doing this for other bosses.

Is she actually harder than Isshin and Orphan of Kos?

It's the trade off of the open world design, I think. In previous games, they could gauge where you would feasibly be in terms of power level. Unless you were incredibly autistic and farmed over and over for literal hours, they could have a good sense of what you had at your disposal for any given encounter.

Elden Ring trades this for the totally open approach. Bosses have way more health and do a lot more damage to compensate for all the tools you have, since there's no way to know what state a character is in when they meet the "main" bosses.

>I’m reading comments across multiple websites about how people are beating bosses in 1-3 tries

they are liars and frauds. even with the mimic tear malenia can easily tear your asshole in half.

she sucks to do in co-op, hosts are so fucking dumb
I swear half the time I get to phase 2 as a summon the host immediately dies to the easily dodged scarlet aeonia attack she always opens with

yes. and why wouldn't she be? People have been playing souls-games for 10 years, Miyazaki knows he has to make fights that are increasingly unfair because people have been playing his games for thousands and thousands of hours.

For me, without a single shred of doubt
The way the bosses in this game are designed with constant input reading + roll baiting is already pretty tough to deal with for the most part, but then comes malenia and does that AND also has an attack that if you aren't using a greatshield (and even then sometimes that won't be enough because she will just hit behind you because lmao fuck you) or is REALLY far way from her becomes a death sentence