World of Warcraft 2

Could a World of Warcraft 2 be set before the Shattering in early Kalimdor to forgoe all the lore retcons and fuckups of now?

Attached: ezgif-5-64a1cfd21a.jpg (5400x3600, 3.88M)

You need to let go, user. WoW will never be good again.

No

No, because the writers would get bored after 10 minutes and immediately go back to introducing more cosmic bullshit.

Not with the current dev team lmao

No because it'd have the same trash devs working on it so it'd be terrible and since it's a new thing you don't have sunk cost fallacy keeping the whales roped into propping up the thing's bloated corpse

>Could
Yes. Will they do it and execute it well? Come on, you know the answer.

You have to let it go OP, it's ogre. Just wish it just gets the mercy kill it's been bdadxhegging for years. Microsoft ain't gonna do shit.

Not a whale but the sunk cost fallacy keeps me from playing other MMOs, I keep trying others, realizing all my stuff isn't here, go back to wow and quit again.

yeah, sure would be cool to play
>trolls
>trolls
>trolls
>trolls
>trolls
or
>trolls

>bdadxhegging
glorious captcha

No. And WoW 2 will never be a thing due to the state of devs and writers. That and they would introduce more bullshit.
At this point it's so bad that a sane person would simply retcon everything back to where WCIII TFT ended (plus the whole Horde mini-campaign) and make a WCIV with SIX playable factions divided into multiple sub-factions, with actual sea units implemented and campaigns that mechanics-wise take cues from SCII. Yes, SCII's campaigns were fun mechanics wise if you have the willpower to bear the horribly cringe story and stuff.

>are the same writers able to write a good plot if only we set it in the past?
No. They cant even make a good story if they get a carte blanche with Shadowlands

Attached: wow laughing draenei girl.jpg (626x800, 69.26K)

BUT THEN
the elves arrived
and they knew MAGIC

BUT THEN
the humans arrived
and the elves taught them MAGIC

That'd be just elves and trolls as races of note, then some literally who races (well, it's not like Darkspear trolls are a major player, never mind void elves, but still) and races that Blizz isn't going to make playable (nerubians and such). In any event, it'd lack diversity of playable races, architectural styles in quest hubs, etc. More concerningly, while it's set in the past, it's not actually in any way fixed: beyond broad outlines they would have to write the lore from scratch. Consider Wrath of the Lich King for instance: WC3 has missions taking place in Northrend and the maps show places like "Drak'tharon Keep", but in actuality almost all of the fluff and all of the details are new. And pre-Shattering WoW probably would be even less solidly grounded than that.

I think the only reasonable way to go about about WoW (both on retail and private servers - some years ago the trend came to be "blizzlike" servers with emphasis on things like authentic patch progression and pre-nerf content, now the trend is towards greater custom features to shore up on perceived shortcomings of the blizzlike version) is a relaunch with extensive #changes, enough to make it feel like a novel experience, but enough constraint to stick with "known good" aspects of the game.

elves are literally trolls

not sure about humans. I think they USED to be abhorrent castoffs of the old ones. but I think now that's been retconned to something else. it's hard to keep up with all these retcons, it's all mixed up in my head now, I don't remember what used to be true anymore and what I'm just making up in my confusion

Yeah it doesn't really matter, writers have retconned so much stuff you can't really claim anything anymore

Why do you want a bigger hell with worse demons?

>private servers - some years ago the trend came to be "blizzlike" servers with emphasis on things like authentic patch progression and pre-nerf content, now the trend is towards greater custom features to shore up on perceived shortcomings of the blizzlike version
The thing about blizzlike private servers is at best you're going to run out of content, at worse the coders will be some 12 year old middle school kid who rented a coding lua for dummies book from their schools library so the server isn't actually blizzlike in the least.

You could honestly just repackage the same game again and instead just rewrite TBC so it is less "pants on head" retarded. Same trend would be applied to Wrath and Cata also.

MoP is irretrievable garbage and should just be ignored. Do a south seas/Azshara themed expansion after Cata.

lmao, it's sad how no one has confidence in Blizzard anymore. That company used to be one of the best in the world. Now look at it. It could very well be a Ubisoft subsidiary.

I think the Titanic Vrykuls getting the curse of flesh and, later, dome of their offspring being castoffs still is the canon origin

I don't get it, why does Blizzard have such bad luck with their writers? It's like only Twitter morons want to work as writers at Blizzard.

That would be cool, although it needs an explanation for allied races. I honestly had some hopes the jailer would actually undo reality and they would reboot the game.
But with this dev team it will never happen.