Devs make dlc for free

>devs make dlc for free
why arent more developers doing this?

also battle brothers thread:
will you start another campaign with the new dlc?

Attached: BD_Steam_01_faith.jpg (750x422, 360.28K)

What does this DLC add? I remember being underwhelmed by the desert one.

shitty rng game

not much
two additional origins, but they are more fleshed out than the others with unique mechanics
also the dlc came with some bigger balance patch
scared of numbers?

Jannies

>make dlc for free
It's not like they added a sizable expansion, just two new origins and a patch.
life is rng, git gud scrub

Probably, its a fun game. But elden ring gotta be 100% done first.

The game is cool but I wish the no-quitting-without-saving mode had a non-permadeath option.
Having to roll with your squadmates taking debilitating permanent injuries is a cool mechanic, but It's hard to resist the urge to just savescum around it on normal difficulty.
I feel like Mount & Blade had it right. As far as I'm aware it's impossible to die in M&B but you still want to avoid losing as it will set you way back.

Also the bandit combat music sounds exactly like the song Take It Off by Kesha. I can't unhear it now

true, but still nice.
depending on how different the new origins are from existing ones the dlc still adds 1-2 campaigns, which is nice.
i hope they are continuing to work on their new game.
i have a feeling its gonna be great

Oi, Shill. Go tell your masters to put ALL the DLC on sale or bundle them in some cheaper form. I want to get them as this game is fun but the cost seems too high for what you get.

Already got done with two campaigns last week, think I'm burnt out for awhile and it seems as though this campaign only adds two new origins which are unfortunately some of the most anemic form of content devs could've added.

New origins are only for challenge and trophy fags but the game is very empty on substantive content like newer contract and monster types, new weapon types, new settlement type and more interesting end game.

Early game contracts are...

>fight bandits who stole shit
>go here with caravan
>fight bandits here
>deliver this on foot
>fight scary monster
>protect my son

Unfortunately the desert stuff wasn't all that unique, the hyenas are variations of the dire wolves, the nomads are desert bandits and the serpents are fucking annoying.

Attached: 1646276306525.webm (240x360, 462.82K)

im too scared to play ironman because i think the lategame is more fun in battle brothers. and good luck reaching it and playing it without saving.

indie games make free dlc because it's not profitable or conceivable for them to dish out paid dlc on top of their paid game

you are a Any Forumsermin who does not understand anything

free dlc gets you more eyes on your base game, which then sells more copies through the exposure from the dlc

it's not rocket science

Attached: 1617553331037.jpg (480x480, 48.55K)

meanwhile
>only ever discount the paid DLCs 10% off at most

battle brothers is a very successful indie game and already had multiple "priced" dlc. this dlc wasnt made for "getting eyes" imo

big cock

i hated how the world leveled/scaled up with you. on a fucking open world game

The game has already had three paid DLC with successively increasing playernumbers

Why?
I don't want to waste time killing thugs all day for scraps and I want higher tier loot granted I'm capable of surviving it.

then go fight a higher leveled rarer mob. thats what an open world should be. it sucks ass fighting low level bandit goblin xx hours ago then it still shits on your ass xx hours later when supposedly you "leveled up", a sense of progression

Is this game good? I've been craving a good build autism game since Wrath of the Righteous. I get that it's more of a roguelite kind of deal but is there a bunch of build variety at least?
I will probably get Triangle Strategy but I'm sad that it doesn't really let me customize characters that much.