Xenoblade 2 combat is too complicated

Xenoblade 2 combat is too complicated

Attached: xenoblade.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Attached: 1604242750634.webm (854x480, 2.96M)

Attached: american humour.webm (1024x576, 2.87M)

This isn't too much of an exaggeration.
I find modern games really off putting with how fucking busy the visuals are. Like when the entire screen is obscured by 500 different particle effects and you can't even see what the fuck is happening.
Give me clean visuals for fuck's sake.

Attached: 1627109068005.jpg (716x707, 249.52K)

the game has battle tutorials 50 hours in

it's ludicrous

Because the game adds new mechanics to keep the gameplay fresh.

yeah except they "forgot" to put a tutorial tab to refresh your memory if god forbid you don't memorize 200 tutorials the first and only time you read them

I wish
Its actually extremely simple while trying to appear as complicated as possible

what do you expect from XC3?

3 looks like it wants the normalfag audience with its lack of tits so probably a simplification in terms of UI and useless mechanics.
Its hard to imagine how it could get worse so it has to be an improvement overall

XC1 was simpler than 2
doesn't make it worse

1 also had barely any tits, retard. 2 attracted a different brand of normalfag who only picked it up to counter-protest outrage retards

Garbage game

You can just go speak to any of the rumour guys and they’ll explain any old mechanics you’ve forgotten, somehow.

This is such a funny complaint, because it immediately shows who has and hasn’t played the game.

Attached: AA9F2E32-F855-469E-AE89-07A28867F7FF.jpg (1419x1820, 404.16K)

I liked, or at least I remember liking XCX combat, but found XC2 combat to be too simple and repetitive. Is it just selective memory? If anyone has XCX fresh on their mind I'd like to hear if my memory is correct or not.

how is that better than a menu

It’s a JRPG, what’s happening on screen is supposed to be a spectacle.

Just put those goalposts down, right over there.

Fuck all of you. This game has incredibly satisfying and deep combat. Don't judge it at face value.

Attached: 1643455418958.jpg (239x239, 9.41K)

Jarpigfags have such low standards they genuinely think having to run to NPCs in specific area(s) is a good alternative to bringing up a menu whenever you want.

>why game doesn't have menu?
>just run to some npc!
>how is that better than menu?
>hurrr goalpoast!
wtf

not that user but surely "tab" implies menu unless you're an illiterate retard? the goalposts were already there

fucking assault horizon
>can't kill enemies out of dogfight mode
>dogfight mode is mostly a glorified cutscene of you epic owning an enemy plane
>sometimes it just fucking rams you through shit, killing you

xc2 sux lmao
nia is cute though, post more

Gears and Saga both had plenty of tits, you fucking retard. This has never been a series that shys away from fanservice.

What is it about 2 that brings out the autistic samefags and the retarded morons who’ve never actually played the game, but can’t stop going to threads about it?

Attached: E6C8920F-1015-428C-92D3-37012EFC4592.jpg (1200x876, 157.13K)

It was already too complicated for most retards, who cannot put together a good party and complain that enemies have too much health due to their own ineptitude.

But the enemies do have too much health without putting up any challenge provided that you meet the level threshold where you aren't just getting OHKO like in a MMO.

>Gears and Saga
None of those are *Xenoblade Chronicles 1*
you can put the goalposts down over there :>)
it's just a single player moba with attack effects and cooldowns.

played it. It's slow, janky, and dumb even for jrpg standards. There's a reason people dont post this game unless it's coomer shit or japanese humour bullshit

Attached: 1642048816199.jpg (954x930, 404.38K)

>Game introduces a new ability that requires a specific button input you've never used before and only activates when special conditions are met in battle
>NOOO, DON'T TEACH ME HOW TO USE PNEUMA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Fuck off retard.

It has nothing to do with JRPGs.
It's people who only play on Nintendo consoles.
They barely had any (bigger than handheld) JRPGs since the glory days of SNES, that's why when they do get something, they think/pretend it's the best thing ever, like Tales of Symphonia (one of the better Tales games, but far from the best).
At least XC1 and XCX are actually good, even if I wouldn't call them 10/10.
Can't say anything about XC2 though, as I've yet to play it, but it does look like a big step back from both previous games.

>At least XC1 and XCX are actually good
I dropped xc1 at the ancient town over erith sea out of boredom

>spend dozens of hours loading tutorials
>people with lives might take a week or so to come back to the game
>introduce new mechanic that stacks on top of the rest
>don't have any convenient method for reviewing any of these tutorials
>going to NPC faggots in the middle of gameplay is not convenient
>no, it's your fault that this system is bad!!!

>people with lives
watch the sperg attacking you over this

Most games on most consoles incl Nintendo have actual QoL features tho, it's a JRPG problem.

I've never played any Xenoblade blade, so it's not what I'm referring to specifically, but some games go way overboard with the particle effects on every little thing that happens so that entire characters or pieces of scenery get completely obscured and it just looks ugly. It's like a fireworks show erupting out of nowhere as two people just swing blades at eachother. Fucking dumb.

I think Torna's combat was better than the base game.

In fairness, XBC2's battle system is fairly unique.
Whilst it does have the standard dps/tank/healer roles and aggro mechanics, there's a lot of nuance to the actual battles with timing of when you execute your attacks.
It almost becomes a rhythm game as playing off-rhythm will drastically reduce the effectiveness of everything you can do, be it dealing damage, recovery energy, inflicting status effects, etc.

One of the key parts of the system is party gauge management, which is needed to revive downed party members, or to execute chain attacks that reward heavy damage and bonus rewards if it's used to kill.
There's a risk/reward system in place that rewards good play and good strategy, having party formations that let you set up as many element orbs as possible, and smash them properly once the chain attack starts is very rewarding.

No, he's right. JRPG fans mostly have no standards at all. I identify both as a JRPG and a Nintendo fan but I feel nothing but disgust and disappointment when I see some truly awful games get a free pass simply because it was made in Japan and has some boobage.

Ah, yes. It's not a very dynamic story.
Like with the Trails/Kiseki series, you need to like this kind of pacing to enjoy, there's not much to be done if you don't.

This is more of a Xenoblade problem, to be honest. XCX also doesn't explain shit. You have a combat art that gives you a buff for a specific amount of time... and in its description it doesn't even say what that buff does.
Other new JRPGs are more "user-friendly", like DQ11 or Tales of Arise.

>some truly awful games get a free pass simply because it was made in Japan and has some boobage
And this is more of a problem than just them "being JRPGs".