if you used
>Swimming
>fence climbing
>jumping out of the car
>free aim
>run and gun
>homie summons
you did NOT beat the game

Attached: 853x1200.jpg (853x1200, 233.4K)

K

>Swimming
Tell me how you passed Wu Zi Mu mission thenn

But you had to do these things to beat the game, you big bologna

If you didn't play it on a launch ps2 then you did NOT beat the game.

>summonfags so BTFO they now have to resort to posts like these
You know SA is impossible to beat without swimming, right? Pretty sure you need to use homies for a tutorial at one point too

who the fuck beats GTA games?

Me, but only the good ones.

The gang warfare feature only reunlocks at the very end of the game and at that point you might aswell finish it

Drive with cars into the ocean until you build up enough lung capicity to start the mission.
Once you start the mission, you need to jump in the water to start that section of the mission but you can just jump directly onto one of the rocks, climb back to the pier, steal a boat elsewhere on the map, and then continue the mission.
The only bit of unskippable swimming in this game is the mission where your heli gets blown up and you have to swim to the market to get to the boat.

For the rest:
>fence climbing
Can be skipped outright
>jumping out of the car
Only 1 mission where you're told to do it but you can just drive into the water and stay in the car and the mission still passes
>free aim
just use a controller and you always get lock-on, just avoid weapons without lockon like rocket launchers. Couple of missions where you're given the rocket launcher without lockon but you have options around it. Unavoidable free aim shooting during the mission where you hijack the Mafia Plane
>run and gun
just take cover or take out shit with a sniper at a distance.
>homie summons
Some missions make them mandatory but you can usually kill them yourself before they can be used as an assistance.

if played the game for the first time in the past 5 years and looked up an optimal speedrunning guide online, YOU did not beat the game. you played on another man's save file.

>unavoidable
>unavoidable
>unavoidable
So you haven't beaten the game? Got it.

I have never played San Andreas

Me.

Reminder that if you changed the game in any way from the default experience you didnt actually beat the game. That includes changing the options and controls
>but I dont like the default!
The default experience is the way the game was intended to be played. Some random neckbeard does not know better than the people who spent hundreds of hours making the game.

You can't change the controls on console though

if you used
>THUG AIM
you LOST it

>If you didn't beat the game like I WANTED you to, then you did not beat it.
This isn't even gate keeping, it's just stupidity. Gotta swim, fence climbing doesn't break the game and is part of the source material. Why wouldn't you jump out of a car? You're going to use guns, why does it matter HOW you use your guns?

>homie summons.
that one is weird, just because you can usually recruit people pretty much anywhere so I just never used it.

Some arbitrary shit like "If you didn't use the golf club as your only weapon in Vice City, you did NOT beat the game." is pants-on-head retarded.

Can you really say that you beat Vice City if you didn't exclusively use hammer?

Again, I'd have to cite source material. They wanted some Scarface scenes. Can't Scarface without the chainsaw and "little fren".

t.that kid that only ever sandboxed with cheats in the starting area if the game