Good Quest Games

Name a game with a better quest system
>spoilers: you can't

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 59.71K)

>just go searching for these different npc's all over the world without looking anything up
lol

Literally the worst part of the series and it's exacerbated by the open world setting. Bad bait.

Attached: 1616766339519.jpg (600x537, 38.1K)

I actually like the way quests are done in Elden Ring it feels a lot less artificial if you're not given any markers (aside from that one quest that puts a marker on your map) and the sheer number of things to do in Elden Ring makes it so I don't really care if I miss things, since I'll probably find other things instead. There are a few things I find wack about Elden Ring, but this isn't one of them for sure.

>game needs to tell me things I haven't done yet instead of just stumbling on new stuff in a later playthrough. If I don't know, how will I 100% the game in 1 playthrough in a game with 7 endings?!?!?!

Stop fucking gaming. Immediately. I can't stand these retards talking about Elden Ring anymore. It literally just exposes how lazy, jaded, overall unpleasant people can be over the simplest things in a game. That no regular person w/o mental illness thinks about for more than a conversations worth of time. Noone fucking talks about the game or the setting or how the weapons feel in comparison to older titles. It's always this menial faggot shit like "but muh QUEST LOG. MUH EXPLORATION." Motha fucka can you imagine for one second there's a game that goes out of its way to not wipe your ass for once and focus on the experience your having in terms of the world and how you interact in it. Not all this contextual "press A to check map for new missions" shit popping on your screen. I've been there. Done that. We have 1000 of those a year. Let FROM do what they do best, and not make bogus decisions from the ground up. This is why they're successful with every release and no other company is.

Majora's Mask, but that's because it had a whole time gimmick and you had actual deadlines which made the experience really enthralling.

In the end, in 5 years, even if you play a lot of Elden RIng, there might still be things to uncover, things you missed, Quests you didn' know about and that's the beauty of it. Meanwhile there are a million guides for shitty open worlds, walking you through quests that already explain themselves and no one cares about. The fact these people would rather have Ubisoft/Bethesda style questing really shows me they have not kept up with those games, because in those games, they repeat the same 5 or so quests over ad over, then make you wait aorund on them, overexplain them into oblivion and then pretend like you did good for solving the quest that solved itself.
Honestly, unless you are one hundred percent numb in the head, I think something like Elden Ring is exciting.

I love stumbling across things in this game, the discovery is what makes it so cool. I ended up falling into that area with the tree spirit in stormveil completely by mistake because I accidentally rolled off a ledge trying to pick up an item next to one of the sites of grace. I was dumbfounded when I landed on some sort of scaffold with an entire area below me because I thought I would die. I didn't even know there was a questline related to it until now. I get that the lack of handholding doesn't appeal to everyone but saying it's poor game design just seems ignorant to me.

>game needs to tell me things I haven't done yet
You posted this in the last thread to retard and I'll tell you what I should have told you there : Elden ring already does this you moron. From Albus telling you about Latenna to Rya telling you about Volcano Manor there are numerous "quests" where the NPCs tell you things you haven't done yet.

I always considered this style of quest design as similar to an Alternate Reality game, in that the intention is for it not be solvable by one person but solvable by an entire community. The fun is piecing it altogether with the help of the entire community searching through the game. This philosophy permeates into it's game design and narrative design as well, as mechanics often have hidden attributes that are never explained and require people to go in and test it and then leave guides about it. Narratively you never truly understand what's going on until you have lore masters and their communities piece things together and make videos on it. I personally love this, and it gives people a lot to talk about and allows the game to market itself in a way (so many guides and youtube videos are made because of this). Games are not supposed to create solutions for us, they are supposed to give us problems to solve. If it was solutions then they are merely repetitive chores to do. But as problems they are challenges to overcome.

no quest log system works in DS where you can never miss NPCs.
It doesn't work in open world. Sometimes you only discover them in second or third visit and they tell you to go to the place that you already fully explored. The progression 's unlinear af.

Morrowind

Morrowinf holds your hand with its journal system compared to Elden Ring

Unlinear progression is more immersive though. Quest markers dont exist irl because you actually have to think where to go next

Tier S Quest:
Fia
Ranni

Name another game with side optional quest that take 20 hours each to complete the first time and allow you to discover entire new hidden areas

>Seething nonsensitcal autist reaction

Nobody is asking for a compass with highlighted directions. Simply adding a way to go back to previously spoken dialogue through something like a Journal would be a much better way to handle the quests than the current system. It's not a good design to leave the player in the dark like this for an open world game.

EVERYBODY ends up googling quest lines with the current setup and you're lying if you deny it. Adding something like a Journal would give the game more immersion since you wouldn't have to cheat constantly.

Attached: police.jpg (680x586, 44.22K)

There's nothing wrong with the dark souls quest style but it's ass for open world.
>they're successful with every release and no other company is.
lmaoing at you nigger

>Quest markers dont exist irl
>what are building signs
>what are street signs
>what are highway signs
>what is GPS
This couldn't be more false.

>I always considered this style of quest design as similar to an Alternate Reality game, in that the intention is for it not be solvable by one person but solvable by an entire community. The fun is piecing it altogether with the help of the entire community searching through the game.
The problem is that once they're actually solved there's no point in actually having discussions anymore. You just look up a guide online and at that point it just becomes tedious having to go back and forth between the game and the guide. Also unlike ARGs that potentially take months to solve them these questlines are going to be figured out after a week so most people who are going to play the game at a later time aren't even going to experience these discussions so they'll just find the questlines needlessly tedious and obtuse. Siren 1 and 2 were made with the exact same intentions and most people today constantly complain about those games cryptic nature.

Treating your players as an adult is one thing, but defending shitty practices done by games because muh hardkor is just fanboyism.

what shitty practices?