Game has very little NPCs and very little questlines to most open world games

>Game has very little NPCs and very little questlines to most open world games
>Despite this fact multiple questlines are straight deadends
>Alexanders Innards lead to a deadend
>Datamining revealed questline was never finished
>Alexander the giant Pot is literally Elden Rings fucking mascot at this point with how much fans know him
>unfinished questline
This isn't the only unfinished questline, same shit with the Sabriri grapes, and apparently theres a whole unfinished ending questline too that people have found. It's unsatisfying, the open world is so good, and Elden Ring does such a good job telling its story through the world design itself that it really hurts the game when you realize quite a few of maybe 15-20 named NPCs you meet in your time playing the game have unfinished quest lines. This would be fine in a game that has dozens on dozens of quests and named NPCs, but there's not really an excuse for Elden Ring not to finish up Alexanders storyline when there is already very little in terms of story in the first place. It just makes the glaringly unfinished questlines much more prominent in your memory.

Attached: file.png (901x774, 695.27K)

dont care noob

filtered retard

alexander's a faggot who smells like a corpse, thanks for the weapon art boost talisman faggot

But the open world is dogshit. The only good parts of the game are the legacy dungeons and small catacombs, and even those are just Dark Souls 2/3 levels of good.

Nothing in this game is even coming close to DS1.

This literally isn't about gameplay you fucking faggots who can't read. It's about the fact fromsoft left unfinished quests prominently displayed in their game despite the fact there's so little quests every one you get immediately becomes a large memorable point of your playthrough.
It leaves a sour taste in our mouth.

Elden ring is one of those games as a service bullshits, every npc quest ends with you getting a key item because they plan on adding events.

i said i dont care noob, learn to read

There's actually a lot of really interesting things they used for promo material that end up being extremely underwhelming experiences. One that struck me was the Smough ripoff who shoots fireballs from his hat. Looks cool? Absolutely. Definitely makes a cool promo shot. But the actual enemy and the actual fight are over in two seconds because he's not a boss, he's literally just a random dude in a unique set of armor with a unique weapon and dies in one hit.

There is a magic horse with double jump you randomly get. What did you expect from this game.

or you just overlevelled

Bro, this game overlevels you no matter what. You literally have to work very hard to not overlevel all the content just playing normally.

I feel like that wasn't a bad choice. This games map utilizes the doublejump in a good way, and it's pretty good at preventing you from being able to skyrim cheese with it.
I just wish if they were going to add a handful or two of questlines they'd at least bother to finish everything they've set up instead of just handwaving it going "oh but it'll just add to the mystery! Fans will eat that shit up." like we can't just datamine and see they just didn't finish the quest like in Alexanders case.
I hope they decide to patch it in or fix it but I don't know fromsofts track record with that and I'm willing to just bet we'll be forever left with these sticky notes of a questline you cant finish.

the npc's are still the best they've ever been in a souls game honestly

Fromsoft has literally never post-release patched in cut content, unless it gets re-used as DLC. But they have never restored cut dialogue lines or quest sections to existing content, and I have no reason to believe they would do it this time.

This game has a fuck ton of npcs compared to past souls, I feel like. But yeah, it seems people are hitting dead ends on quest lines. Nothing ever happens with the future king of limgrave dude. Or luix...

What a shame.
I guess in the end nobody would've taken them delaying the game another month to polish up the last few questlines well at all.
Just a shame. Especially about Alexander, I love that hueg pot like u wouldn't believe.

There's actually a couple of firehead guys, but yeh they fall over too quicky for how unique they are

>Nothing ever happens with the future king of limgrave dude. Or luix...
Or the commander of Morne castle and his dead daughter.

Or the Turtle Pope.

Or like half of the other people.

I've been trying to enjoy this game, seeing past it's fault and I've had moments of true fun (went yesterday to the dungeon with the mechanical horseroller and felt genuine joy and excitement trying to navigate it).
The real reason I'm playing at this point is to get to pvping, but I'm getting tired of this game (and i've not even reached the Capital).
It just doesn't feel worth the time and effort for the minimal enjoyment that I can strain out of it

>enjoying this boss fight even though it was random
>phase 2
>oh okay here comes the lore
>it's just more boss fighting
but why? we were supposed to join him.

Attached: eldenring 2022-03-10 23-57-42.jpg (1920x1080, 594.5K)

>Or the commander of Morne castle and his dead daughter

This actually does get expanded upon.

Huh, this has to be unintentional... Jesus Christ there's so much missing. Why the fuck did they leave in key items related to unfinished quests? Why the fuck does the future king never give you the golden seed? It can't be their intention to kill him for it. This game needs patches bad.

I hate killing the baby jars..

Attached: 1645091829475.png (842x903, 1.19M)

what the fuck are you saying bro

the games been out two weeks and there's already cut content fetishism

>everything must have some purpose or definitive resolution or it was a waste of my time
is this a zoomer thing? is this what happens when people grew up playing handholding instant gratification simulators? whatever happened to the reward being the lore and dialogue? whatever happened to the player themselves being the most influenced party? why does everything need a hollywood ending, especially when From is so incompetent they only know how to kill people off? So what if the barbarian lady's questline isn't resolved? is the hope that she can bounce back after receiving the hawk not good enough? or that someone is going to continue searching for a rightful lord to their castle? why are people so obsessed with getting SMITHING STONE 10 in order to be satisfied? why is it such a petty desire to have everything rewarded or the action itself wasn't worthwhile? it's actually so fucking pathetic

>I guess in the end nobody would've taken them delaying the game another month to polish up the last few questlines well at all.
It would have taken way longer than that. Fromsoft is kind of notorious for having to cut content and rush to patch together the last bits of their game, usually resulting in late-game areas feeling very truncated and a lot of NPC plot threads either being moved around or repurposed.

Did you know there's a whole town full of non-hostile little jar kids?

No user not everything needs a purpose. It's when it obviously has a purpose that's cut content in a game with very little quest or story content in the first place is when its annoying. They introduce Alexander's questline as a big side character and then they don't let you finish it.
It's fucking annoying. It's obvious there's supposed to be something there. I don't care about a reward I don't care about smithing stone 10. I just want the storyline resolved in a meaningful way.

Don't care, fuck jiggers

Attached: 1646888485096.png (552x524, 91.68K)

if you did the quest you should understand what I'm saying

Attached: eldenring 2022-03-07 20-51-39.jpg (1920x1080, 955.9K)

No it doesn't. She dies for no reason and the guy vows revenge and then invades you at a random as fuck location and then it's over. It's a resolution an intern with five minutes would have come up with. Millicent's questline, despite being quite long, is also blatantly unfinished and just randomly ends with her committing suicide for no reason even though she obviously was going to be like Sieg and help you fight Manelia. We know that quests like Kenneth are incomplete from datamining, but they are blatantly incomplete even without that confirmation. Some of these NPCs are Bloodborne-tier in blatant rushjobs.

Does the turtle pope even have a questline?
He seems more like a static NPC given that he directly says he can barely move.
I would've thought he'd fit the role of other static NPC's in previous games, like blacksmith's, lore dispensers, or Oswald of Cairm.

Quests were already a meme in most Fromsoft games because of how abstract and stupid they are, and continue to be in Elden Ring. So it's really like complaining that that extra icing on a cake already layered in icing is unfinished.

as the prayerbook and spell tome pump and dump i think he serves his purpose but it is strange that you can give the prayerbooks/tomes to other npcs as well.
hes in a weird spot, in general a very strange npc

>whatever happened to the reward being the lore and dialogue?
I don't know if you're shitposting, but just having random words appear on screen isn't a "reward". You can't just output random strings of gibberish in exchange for someone doing something, and then say "OMG WHY ARENT YOU HAPPY, THE DIALOGUE I GAVE YOU IS REWARD ENOUGH". You have to actually give them something that they're looking for, whether it be some form of physical trophy or treasure, or at absolute minimum, a fucking resolution to the thing they went out of their way to do.

I've been playing RPGs since I had my Commodore, and you know what? Even fucking back then, if the developers wrote a quest that just ended halfway through a story and went nowhere, people would call that shit unfinished and pointless and stupid. Because it is.

It's worse in this game since you can play the entire game without even seeing half of the characters since it's so big and muddy looking.

She becomes the evil grape eating lady

They send people down there to be devoured, their corpses joining the thousands of champions inducted into the immortal "family"

That will be dlc.

The game didn't say that.

I think he works just a substitute spell/incantations vendor if you happen to kill the other two spell sellers.

Not him but the whole point of that questline was to trick you into getting devouree by Rykard. Did you seriously think you were going to join him like a guild? Joining here means joining the rest of the champions inside his belly.

this isn't skyrim. the point of this game isn't to talk to forgettable NPCs who put a giant glowing waymarker on your map so you can save their town and move on as though you never met them. this game can easily take 100+ hours your first playthrough. it doesn't need 30 of those hours being dialogue. From Software games in general have always been quiet and about the gameplay above all else. There aren't a lot of big long questlines because there never are. the content is cut because they didn't see it as worth finishing if it meant delaying the release. how is this worse than Demon's Souls where an entire 25% of the game's levels were cut? Bloodborne had ENTIRE NPCs cut from the game.
honestly pic related and millicent and mourne and such are much bigger offenders to me. these questlines that just randomly stop for no reason and end with them dead or you needing to kill them are so unsatisfying.

Developers didn't finish the questline? Clearly you need to get good. If you were better, you would know to keep sucking Fromsoft's dick and never question their excellency

>Does the turtle pope even have a questline?

No, he's very obviously a victim of having some kind of content or place in the world and then just having it truncated or cut completely and him turned into a static vendor NPC. Because there's no logical reason for him to just be this random dude in a random location that accepts every type of magic tome even though he clearly says they are antithetical to his religion.

He's also not really a lore dispenser, he just exists to tell you that you can reset NPCs at the altar there. It's a lot of effort creating and voicing a character just for that when you literally have a shitload of other existing NPCs that can serve the same purpose.

not anymore

Attached: anakin.jpg (1024x435, 29.38K)

You were gonna join him like a guild, yes.