Why did AVGN lie about Castlevania 64?

Why did AVGN lie about Castlevania 64?

Attached: Castlevania+64+nitro[1].jpg (320x240, 16.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kekitaCO6Wk
youtu.be/7EmIBmMPcvs?t=2867
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because he's the guy that gets mad at video games for being difficult or unfair, even if it means unfairly representing the games, it's "supposed to be" a comedy show not an actual review.
It's sad because I do like the game and that is my favorite level in it, but people's opinions on the game soured due to his video.

he never gave a fuck about videogames as an adult it was all pretend

It's sad looking at James now, he looks soulless. Why is he doing any videos when it's evident to everyone the passion is gone? Is this his only source of revenue?

I think he was never a great reviewer when it comes to the monster madness stuff, but he played the Nerd character very well. But now he has those bloodshot eyes and it seems like he just hates his life by his expression on his recent stuff, it's like he's doing this shit at gunpoint

Attached: file.png (866x708, 877.3K)

>it's like he's doing this shit at gunpoint

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some serious dark shit behind the scenes. His movie flopped hard, so he might have debt to pay or other bullshit contractual obligations. That movie ruined him.

He has a feminist wife and TWO daughters
Id honestly kill myself

He did care. He does not anymore.

I didn't play 64 but I did play Legacy of Darkness and it's actually decent.

Watching Mike Matei and James play stuff can be frustrating as hell. Shit I still find James's good AVGN stuff funny but I remember them playing Ghost House for the Master System, and how they weren't able to figure some shit out, I guess they didn't read any manuals or shit but that game wasn't hard to figure out. I get this impression that both James and Mike are kinda simpletons, I see from commentaries on the games they play how sometimes they complain about shit that has simple solutions, their critique on games and movies can be really superficial most of the times, but some of their M&J mondays worked well, namely the episodes with frustrating, shit and strange games. Sonic 06 Mike & James mondays was fucking amazing seeing James so frustrated for real with how awful that game was. Then the Goat Simulator video was pretty good too, with how odd that game was, and also I remember Mike and James play that challenging last world of Super Mario 3D World and the desperation at trying to complete that in coop was pretty damn good too, I don't know if those episodes had more views, but that was some funny shit, on the other side, great games that both guys played too much made for boring videos where they discussed their lives and mundane shit, like the A Link to the Past, it just made for a shit M&J mondays really.

The theme for 64 is very nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=kekitaCO6Wk

And the live version
youtu.be/7EmIBmMPcvs?t=2867

>Ghost House for the Master System
I'm sorry, was this game suppose to be super popular that everyone should have played? Are you one of those people that subscribe to twitch streamers and get overly upset because they don't know a game inside out like you do?

>Why did he lie about Ocarina of Time?
>Why is the sky blue?
>Why is water wet?

I loved Castlevania, and was randomly lurking N64 roms and saw this game, so I decided to try it out. It was out of sheer curiosity, was wondering how the hell they gonna translate Castlevania to 3d. Ended up 100% the game. Game was prime early 3d jank, but man was that game hella fun and full of soul. I should replay it.

No, I don't really use twitch. It's just that if I could figure that shit as a boy, sure two 30+ year olds shouldn't have a problem with it. Those guys sometimes look like what would happen if you passed the controller to a grandma. Ghost House isn't some CRPG where you need to read an encyclopedia to make a character build, it's a quite repetitive arcade style game

Castlevania 64 is one of my favorite games. Such a silly but dark tone. Has a spooky feeling to it that was inherent to the N64 even if its not actually a scary game, kind of like how glover is spooky. Really fits the series

Eh. Personally I think it's one of the less good games for the system. Compared to Mario, Zelda, Banjo, Star Fox, etc., etc., it does come up short.

I thought the movie never got released

Because he was too stupid to figure basic things out, it's a common thing with youtubers.
They're often adhd spazes, he himself admitted having adhd in an old video, that have a hard time concentrating before their minds wander and often are not that good at videogames.

Castlevania 64 has cunny so it's definitely good.

Attached: __carrie_fernandez_castlevania_and_1_more_drawn_by_dengaku_dengakkus__ada509ed436040052ee0ca8e6a780e56.jpg (768x1186, 85.52K)

What is it about being on camera that gimps your gaming skills?

Castlekino 64 filters and ENRAGES the Fromdrones