EXPOSING GAMING SCHOOLS

Hey Any Forums, ive recently been to college and have had some gaming classes. When you see these gaming classes, you will understand why gaming is so bad

Its because they literally rely on and obsess about Narratives more than gameplay itself. Every gaming class praised the fuck out of The Last of Us or Grand Theft Auto V as the peak of gaming. They all talk about the NARRATIVE more than the focus on gaming itself. Its clear that gaming schools are ran by fags who have only gotten into games the last decade and only play the most basic AAA trash. Theyve barely stepped outside gaming pre 2010s unless they are using the same Super Mario Bros 1 example for the millionth time. Gaming schools are a joke

Attached: smugmiyazaki.jpg (312x307, 14.3K)

Filmmakers in the wrong industry.

>things that never happened

What industry should they be in?

Anyone who was dumb enough to go into College for anything but a trade is a gigantic retard and deserves to be exploited.

My own parents stopped talking to me because I went into waste management making $28 an hour with full benefits but suck off my retard brother who majored in fucking Political Science and is begging me every week for money so "our folks don't think I'm a bum".

Fuck you, Corey.

>Hey Any Forums, ive recently been to college and have had some gaming classes. When you see these gaming classes, you will understand why gaming is so bad
Dedicated gaming classes or a degree in game design on whatever is literally the worst thing you could study if you want to get into the video game industry.

Depending on which field you aim for, study digital art, industrial design, human-computer interaction, computer science, mathematics, literature or music composition. This will not only ensure that you have actually a solid foundation and a much broader sense of your field but also will give a something that you can use if you finally had enough of wasting your life for shitty pay and switch industries.

Well yeah, unless it's anything short of full societal collapse, there will always be demand for tradesmen like electricians, plumbers, construction, etc.

I was taught this like freshman year of high school.

Are you an Asian/indian? I feel like the only parents who would be that retarded care more about the prestige of the job/degree than how much you actually make.
But yeah, you already know this but never buckle to them, you’re just feeding their insane beliefs so it’s better for them to learn the hard way

I'm Korean. All I ever did was go into an industry that had stable employment and good pay. I wanted to take care of them with the money I was going to make and they hit me with the "YOU WASTED EVERYTHING WE SACRIFICED FOR YOU TO PICK GARBAGE".

Soda bottling industry

The suicide industry

>What industry should they be in?
Making shitty series for Netflix, Disney+ or whatever other stupid streaming services there are.

>get your degree in animation, computer science, literally anything but "gaming"
>make a couple of projects and post some shit on github/itch.io
congrats, you are now supremely over qualified for the gaming industry. it's literally that easy, why do you think lefties got into it so fast?

i went to some "gaming" classes but they were all computer science ones and most of them involved actual programming and some lectures on physics, flock, ai, etc, without going too indepth on either topic but having programming assignments to address them at a basic nonoptimal level
i don't know what kind of "gaming" courses you took but they sound like liberal arts bullshit

i hope everything works out for your family, your brother sounds like he needs to get his act together

Unironically
>I didn't go to film schools. I went to films.

Mind shock

That's why all those devs are seething at elden ring on twitter. They can't fathom how what they learned in gaming school doesn't apply to elden ring. They're baffled as to why everyone is enjoying a game that focuses on gameplay and exploration instead of story. They can't comprehend why it's happening.

>going to school for GAME DESIGN
>not going for software engineering

That was the original sin.

>Fuck you, Corey.
say it to his face nigger

I mean, I'm sure you're not wrong, but is there anyone who actually looks to hire seriously from those schools?
I can understand AAAs having some kickback deals and putting graduates in low-pole positions they'll never move up from, but who the fuck goes "DAVE School. Those guys on tv. Fuck yeah boi, that's where our next golden boy's coming from!"?