Why is Eggman a better villain than Bowser...

Why is Eggman a better villain than Bowser, even though Sonic games are the biggest laughing stock in the industry while Mario games set the standard for what video games can even do?

Attached: 1539758213041.png (1200x1461, 874.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

static.wikia.nocookie.net/sonic/images/b/b7/WingFortressEggman.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One is a Simp and the Other is a madman.

The sonic games largely suck, but all the other sonic media is kino. He has good writers.

because he's easy to recognize and not confusing.

Eggman can be genuinely menacing and threatening. Bowser is just a pathetic stalker.

Bowsers entire goal is Princess Peach, he will never have her.
Robotni-Err, Eggman is a crazy scientist trying to take over the world.
Also See

One thing I always liked about Robotnik was the variety of boss vehicles and robots he would make. That and he is one of the few interesting and charismatic characters in the 3D series. He can also range pretty well from goofy to absolute monster, whereas Bowser always came across as comical to me no matter what.

he's a high-energy egomaniac showboat with legitimate skills to back it up even if he does inevitably lose which makes him a fun character that's hard to fuck up no matter what tone you're going for, and his voice actors have always been consistently great
Bowser could be at least up there if Nintendo stuck with his RPG characterization but they're content to make his only defining traits "large", "roars a lot" and "wants to kidnap Peach"

Bowser is a cartoon goofball Eggman is a megalomaniacal manchild who is willing to kill for the fun of it.

Attached: Egg 21.png (525x812, 816.12K)

eggmans a fucking idiot who never learns from his mistakes

Go to bed, Sonic.

Nintendo are way too safe with Mario which leads to a lot of generic and stale rehashes of the same story. SEGA is a lot more liberal with Sonic which leads to a lot of cringe but also a lot of gold.

Yeah the thing about Eggman is as comical as he is, he can back it the fuck up with his intelligence and insane amount of resources. If he's got a smile on his face you ought to be worried.

Eggman's infinite resource are a detriment to his feats if anything. In Sonic Battle, he uses a cannon that destroys multiple stars just as a distraction in order to obtain the Gizoid--nevermind the fact that not only does he not need anything else if he's capable of building a weapon that obscenely broken by himself, but that he never needed the ARK's Eclipse Cannon, Chaos, or anything else if he had that in him all along.

>Going by the name Eggman instead of Robotnik
You're all children or zoomies.

I think Sonic is an absolute dogshit franchise and it surprises me why fans continue to eat the dogshit SEGA keeps spewing out. However, Eggman is fucking based and the more I hear about him from fans the more I actually wanna play these games just for him. It's a crime he's tied to such a bad series.

static.wikia.nocookie.net/sonic/images/b/b7/WingFortressEggman.jpg

Weird to think this goofball became a supervillain because the government murdered his grandfather.

At least Bowser has a whole kingdom to excuse where he keeps getting airship fleets. Eggman just kinda pulls them out of his ass whenever he feels like it.

Should i play the original Sonic Trilogy or should i just play Mania?

The original trilogy, and then Mania. Those are all of the truly good Sonic games. You may get something out of Adventure's soul overload or Adventure 2's story, but they're bad games for a lot reasons. Nothing else in the franchise has any real redeeming qualities.

The original trilogy + CD + Knuckles Chaotix.
Mania has worse stage/boss design while being "REMEMBER CLASSIC SONIC?!!!" while forgetting shit like Amy Rose or the Gamegear Sonic titles.

Yeah but its balanced out by his belief that there is a "right way" to win he can't just make a nanomachine that burrows into sonics ear and snips his brainstem. He has to make a big robot and defeat sonic in a contest of combat or outwitting him proving that He is the one that can beat sonic. Same reason he doesn't just nuke "city name here".

said grandfather built a giant death ray shaped like his face into his research station
crazy just runs in the family, I guarantee if Maria had survived she'd be doing the same thing

Presumably Eggman has a fuckload of robots constantly working on mining and construction like we see on Planet Wisp, and he probably recycles a lot of materials from his failed bases/machines.

Whats the best way to play the original games? Are there any systems they were ported to that out do the Sega consoles?

Calling Mania's level design worse than CD or Chaotix is one of the most bizarre opinions I've ever seen and that's saying something.

Do you feel old and validated now, user? Is that what you wanted?

Attached: factorio.jpg (616x353, 68.95K)

There should absolutely be some autist that's ported Whitehead's Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 HD mobile ports to PC. I'd look for those, as those are the definitive ways to play both games.