Remember when speedrunning was cool

remember when speedrunning was cool
what happened?

Attached: Screenshot (521).png (558x430, 249.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing happened. You just lost interest.

Faggots like always

trannies + cringe moments

youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM
The ones who made it cool opened their eyes and left, the remaining less-cool ones got banned by faggots and trannies invading their hobby

the sheen wore off
it became focused on money instead of fun
thats pretty much it

it's pretty fucking cool, i saw a dude who beat the game without doing it the "proper" way that cuckolds do it

Annoying men became far worse women. Women suck at videogames.

Simple as.

Women invaded.

You don't like the male to female any % runs?

>remember when speedrunning was cool
nope

it wasn't

>invading their hobby
the og speedrunners turning trans insn't the same thing as trannies coming in and invading

speedrunning was never cool. it wasn't this bad though.

the shut-in kids that had no friends and spent their entire childhoods playing video games became trannies because they had no outside real-world influence in their life.

Incels became trannies and trannies had meltdowns that made everyone be put off by speedruns. As always, straight men ruin everything. Thank god str8 male suicide rates keep going up.

Attached: 1646284351436.jpg (1080x1080, 156.2K)

Mandatory dilation breaks between games

To me it comes down to two factors
>Speedrunning somewhat entered a similar landscape like eSports where things had to be professional so the passion for laidback entretainment and commentary is gone [literally compare GDQ from 10 years ago to present date to get yourself an idea of what i'm talking about]. Even TAS went from simple entretainment to people trying to discover exploits someone can use humanly to grind a WR or just do funny twitch chat implementation.
>Two, part of the magic on speedrunning being about skilled just degraded and degenerated into needing to master pixel perfect glitch inducing exploits to beat the game faster without any single trace of skill expression. The degeneracy on skill expression and entretainment hit a bottom where people spend hours, days, weeks, months and years grinding just to reduce a decimal
Like forget about people being trannies for a second and think about how some don't even look like they have fun with the game and just torture themselves until the moon is blue and they can finally celebrate, only to keep going on and on in an endless loop.

Pic is literally me when i see people still trying to keep already destroyed games like SM64 or OoT alive when getting WR's in those games doesn't even look impressive at all. At least the nutheads that do high score world records in bullet hell shootem ups have the right to say the game they grind is actually brutal and demanding, but people exploiting N64 games to summon arbitrary code execution? Get that thing out of my sight.

Attached: stop-it-get-some-help.gif (640x640, 1.52M)

Don't they become trannies because of being influenced by the fad of being a tranny?

They stopped giving that TAS guy top billing, that guy was really cool

Attached: 598b4659ebcee.png (256x256, 31.71K)

america went out of control and the tranny invasion began

It wasn't,you watched a TAS,misrememdered and noticed late that it's just autism

On a bright side, at least there's some TAS fuckery that's still entretaining to some extent. Pannenkeok's shit about half-A presses is still hilarious to look back for example, and his second channel has a bunch of funky gems.
It's just that it sucks that speedrunning became this wannabe eSport (whose only purpose is money laundering)

Attached: Duke Nuts.png (848x878, 922.48K)

>without any single trace of skill expression

wow

Maybe i should've clarified that the lack of skill expression is just the fact that some speedruns are just doing the same thing over and over and over with hardly any innovation or actual improvements being done.

The TL;DR: of the matter is that speedrunning's just boring as hell.

trannies happened

petersonian mating tactics