Comfy Deck Thread

What we playing?
What we planning on getting this year?
What would a deck 2 have?

Attached: 1289389.jpg (1536x2048, 795.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3DbcPf_21KM
youtube.com/watch?v=B_89R6jKp0c
youtube.com/watch?v=oiJgADSdg8s
steamdb.info/app/1675180/graphs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd say I'd like deck 2 to have a clamshell design, thankfully others have already made it.

Attached: Product_Showcase_ID_52471.jpg (1484x1926, 324.2K)

>Playin
Arkham Knight. Pleasantly surprised with how it runs.
>Getting this year
More fucking games verified before Q3.
>Deck 2
First of all, it should be split into two models. One high end $800 model with better specs for enthusiasts, and a $300 model with the same specs as the current deck but slimmer, lighter and without touchpads or the back buttons (Think Switch Lite but a similar grip as the current Deck.) Both should have bezelless mini-led displays that are vrr capable. Better thermals, less fan noise, and more base storage. Enthusiast deck comes with a 1tb ssd, Deck Lite comes with 256gb. I know Valve saw the paypig money push through for the reservations, but I think they'll see the cheapest model win out in the long term especially since replacing the drive is cheap and easy.
>clamshell
Into the trash it goes. You'll never see more competitive UMPCs like the $840 OneXPlayer mini with that kind of design.

>copy/paste OP
boring

also I don't have one yet

youtube.com/watch?v=3DbcPf_21KM
youtube.com/watch?v=B_89R6jKp0c
youtube.com/watch?v=oiJgADSdg8s

do you seriously need to post this in every deck thread? you're autistic and no one likes you.

>arkham knight
nice, this is my current backlog for the deck based on known info
>two models
i'm not sure how successful that would be, i suspect the fact that the economies of scale favor how little variance there is between the current offerings. i'd certainly have paid more for a more performant device to be sure though.

Attached: deckloggu_2022.03.10.png (1084x980, 2.06M)

>I think they'll see the cheapest model win out in the long term especially since replacing the drive is cheap and easy.
no it's not
if most people want to expand the base model storage they'll use SD cards not try to change out the drive

>I think they'll see the cheapest model win out in the long term especially since replacing the drive is cheap and easy.
I got the big one because of the screen

i'm not sure we will get a 'smaller' steamdeck honestly. the issue with batteries of current year are form factor/size more than anything. the newest iphone isn't going to magically get 5 more hours unless they switch off of lithium tech somehow.

the battery can certainly be improved on the steamdeck to be sure though. like i don't know how they managed to skimp on it so much considering the GPD win3 gets like 2x more

I meant the hard drive size - the 512 model comes with an etched glass screen, and I plan on using mine outside

>be decklet
>wake up
>deck is dead, drained too much power in standby so battery is dead
>swore it was 100% charged last night
>plug in and sit down at desk with “””portable””” system
>room sounds like the tarmac as fan kicks in
>deck internal temp is 1 degree less than what apu melts at, well within parameters
>login to steam on “””open””” platform
>already using 10 gb ram, thank goodness gaben gave you 16 gb
>stick is drifting
>open deck up and replace 19th joystick this year, surely gabe won’t ship 19 defective joysticks!
>check discord
>all your friends have moved onto early access indie survival game #1458
>scour steam to find it
>not on steam, need to buy it on other platform then mod into steam
>pay 120$ for an early access game+month subscription+day one dlc
>game installs a rootkit
>open game, uses 16 gb of ram and runs at an unstable 15 fps. The deck can run all games!
>apu melts
>a-atleast i kept my computer
>computer is a toaster that hasn’t been upgraded in years due to parts shortage
>game runs at 3fps
>begin crying
>go to job at Wendy's
>overhear kid
>dad did you hear? jacob got the new switch OLED for his birthday
>freak out
>lecture kid on the pc master race and steam deck
>father pepper sprays you
>get fired
>cry yourself to sleep

>be user
>type all this

>be me
>don't read it

>be you
>see people having fun
>get mad
>open thread
>write up whole hate fanfic
seethe.

this

My 512gb comes tomorrow. Thinking of selling it on eBay and buying back in a couple months. What do you guys think?

If I order today, does my wait time vary depending on which type I order? Gabe says the high end Deck is selling surprisingly well, which means there may be supply shortages for that version specifically.

Considering that a second model would come out in 2025 the earliest, a $300 a cooler, smaller Deck would not only be possible but maybe even profitable at that point. Only issue is they'd probably keep the crappy back buttons to justify the shape even if they would probably be positioned worse. I don't know where you're getting those battery life stats for the Win3, LTT showed that the Deck beats even the Win Max. I think they could at least keep the same battery life for a smaller Deck, whereas VR support and a larger battery would be additional selling points for the high end version.
>>no it's not
It literally is tho unless you're a consolefag. Hell even the PS5 forces normies to unscrew the SSD holder.

my estimate is 2026 for deck 2, unless they decide to do the whole TV box thing at one point but i really can't see that happening since then it becomes an actual competitor with devices like the xbox series S which is really not even close to the same kind of experience.

Not worth the trouble dealing with eBay for a couple of hundred bucks, don't do it if you have a regular job, if you're a wagie and every dollar is needed go for it.

been following deckshit since day 0 and honestly you're better off waiting to at least Q2/Q3 anyway. still lots of little finnicky software and UI issues that are being ironed out, compatability etc. etc.

i can understand the excitement of having a device that can play all these AAA games and emulate whatever right now but it will still be there in several months time

Wait? If I wait then I'll have to wait until 2023 for a Deck. The waiting list already stretches past Q2.

It's not a couple hundred bucks. It could be 3x getting a profit of $1500.

I don't need the money but I might be too busy to play right now anyways. Only thing is that I don't want to get scammed from some buyer trying to stick it to scalpers.

nah hang in there, shit is ramping up in the 'hundreds of thousands' starting in april. even if that's only 200,000 a month i do not doubt a single person who is ordering today would not get one before the end of the year, probably october at the latest (worst case scenario)

these things aren't really the most accurate but it should at least give you some idea of what the queue is like
steamdb.info/app/1675180/graphs/