How could we save the horror genre?

How could we save the horror genre?

Attached: 32152.jpg (1080x1350, 204.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z_tdLel6I0Y
youtu.be/OQAd-HHdf1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Idk but I had a nightmare about an animated life-size doll last night that was pretty creepy

make it scary
there u go

literal zoomer retard question
what you smoke weed 24/7?
you DONT have dreams when you sleep? you stuupid
stop making these dogshit threads

Attached: 1619017348780.webm (458x574, 1.81M)

I had a nightmare that I being chased by the yeti from Rudolph the red nose reindeer, but even in the dream I felt mostly just annoyed that I was going to be killed by a child's movie monster

Reversed controls
Liminal save points
Tank camera angles

By not posting the same shitty thread every single day, and getting off your arse to go & fix it.

haha what if she had big booba?

that's so strange, I had a nightmare last night too and I haven't had one in months. There were these people that crawled on all fours and their heads hung upside down, and they were killing and eating people inside of a ventilation shaft. shit was fucking creepy and seemed really weird when I woke up.

How do we save the horror genre?

Attached: 1618198099655.webm (480x848, 1018.9K)

Dreams and nightmares are pretty common for me, the say before I had a dream about having to kill people to fill a coffin full of this blackish substance
Dunno why, just had the strong urge that I REALLY needed to fill this coffin, and to do so I had to keep killing people

once I had a nightmare where I had to deal with a bunch of giant ants
>be in Fallout 3 (or it looks like it), just bellow the top right corner of the map according to the pip boy
>there to get some collectable or something related to a friendly sentry bot
>it was also near a location called "ant house", told to myself in-dream that I won't got there
>then I hear a Skyrim dragon in the distance, along with Skyrim screen shaking
>see on a wiki I was looking at that a "giant orange dragon" also spawn there as some sort of legendary ennemy
>realize that it's been 2 hour since I've saved so not wanting to take my chances I rush to a small shack and wait for it to go away
>guess fucking what it's the motherfucking ant house
>as I face 2-3 giant ants I panic as I shoot them with a chinese assault riffle and attack them with a ripper (as I also block my view with one hand so that I don't have to see them up close)
>couldn't tell if I still damaging them or if I was hitting the same dead ant body of the first one I've killed
>as I stumble around the shack (still one hand blocking my view) I stumble upon a door in an attempt to exit this place
>I enter a room that seems to be immitating the outsite, with light green floor to resemble grass and light blue walls and circular ceilling with clouds painted on them to look like the sky
>the point of view switched into a static camera, with me being at the opposite side of it (think Resident Evil)
>but guess what; more fucking ants everywhere including the ceilling
>I panic even more as I tried every door in the room in an attempt to exit this hellhole
>after finding a door that would open I'm transported into a small island that's in a swampy looking area, there was yet another giant ant on top of it
then I woke up, was a while since I had a dream but that was a rough morning for me. I fucking hate ants and I blame this post 590687975 for triggering this in my sleep

That's actually pretty creepy so I don't blame you

horror games typically hyperfocus on two elements of horror, violent confrontation and hide n seek, what they neglect is the ingenuity of a protagonist to utilize their environment to survive. usually that concept is only shown to you through a cutscene of your character activating a macguffin.

Add rapeable little girls
???
Profit

Alien isolation is a great horror game and its because of how short and realistic the chase is. When the alien spots you, you only get a few seconds of actual terror before it kills you
as seen in the first seconds of this vid.
youtu.be/Z_tdLel6I0Y

Another thing is the environment has to oppressive doom 3's environment is great at this i couldnt imagine working at a place like this, go anywhere in this vid and youll see what i mean youtu.be/OQAd-HHdf1c

Obiviously hell or gore would add to the creep factor but its stated in game that the place isnt all too different after being invaded Shit was really that creepy everyday for workers.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103.98K)

Attached: 1386358732325.jpg (209x200, 5.32K)

Horror games were hurt by modern game design trends more than any other genre. Smooth, streamlined, user-friendly games where you aren't punished for failure in any meaningful way aren't scary. Horror games unironically benefit from a certain level of jank and... user unfriendliness I guess you could say?

I know "just have From Software do it" is a meme answer but the way they aren't afraid to design an experience that's actively hostile toward the player would work wonders for the horror genre.

More giant women

Mystery flesh pit exploration game.

Attached: images (2).jpg (448x685, 79.05K)

FUCK THE GHOST GIRL

Attached: dejo1gj-433376d0-2a3e-46ed-86a7-d06c5be6556a.jpg (700x1341, 426.9K)

Was it like a porcelean like doll?
Man I am so glad nightmares are very rare for me now. I had one about two years ago where I was in my neighborhood and the sky turned red. Then a giant humanoid alien creature 50 stories tall rose from a distance. Everything started shaking. There was a humming noise that was getting progressively louder as it started moving in my direction. I then woke up in a cold sweat.

>is that fucking black face dude?

Fromsoft did it like seven years ago.

Attached: Bloodborne.jpg (1280x720, 310.02K)