Character Action

Name a more pointless genre than Character Action.

>Dude you can do all these sick moves and there's a style meter and they grade your performance an-
>"Yeah but I can just mash the light attack button and win"

Attached: fbb02b2f600dd302c818168133853155.png (632x874, 254.05K)

i want to be sexually dominated by bayonetta

I love the inputs required for moves in DMC and Bayonetta but mashing is the most dogshit mechanic a dev can put into a game and both feature it heavily so fuck them.

That god damn tummy pouch

Doesn't this guy usually draw fat men with big tits?

I love thicc but this misses the point of Bayo's appeal

I mean sure you can mash to win but at that point why are you playing the game? if you're intentionally avoiding the fun of the game why bother playing it?
>Oh dude I can beat all of doom eternal on easy with the combat shotgun, what's the point of anything else?
>Dude I can beat shitters in [fighting game] by staying at wood rank and DP
>wow I set the ai to easy and rushed military in [4x game] and won, why bother doing any other victory condition?
The only counter is "play on hard" but then the only game you'll win by mashing is the Batman games and putting them in the same league as Bayonetta or MGR is a stretch.

Attached: 1646503290262.jpg (552x472, 52.39K)

I hate the term "Character Action", back in my day they were called "Hack n' Slash"

>inb4 "But Diablo, Dynasty Warriors, Yakuza"?
They are called "Diablo Clones", "Musou/Warriors" & "Beat em' Up" respectfully.

>muscle gut

>back in my day they were called "Hack n' Slash"
I feel like that always had more of a mindless mashing connotation to it, rather than doing specific inputs to get big moves and all that. When I try and think of what became of Hack and Slash games my brain goes to Dynasty Warriors and the few side-scrollng beat-'em-ups that are left, but those are both kind of different beasts.

>back in my day they were called "Hack n' Slash"
Ultra based
I bet you have a +300 iq

i am 100% convied that every single person who says character action is bating, kinda like how fags at Any Forums will say latinx to bait spanish speaking "people"

None of these ever work on the highest difficult setting. That's why this sub genre is dying out. People don't have any more intrinsic value to actually be good at something and people have largely done away with the idea of escalating difficulty levels. UNIRONICALLY this genre is too "video gamey" for modern "gamers" who just want Dark Souls rehashes.

fatter

If you can win by mashing one button, the game is poorly balanced or you're playing a mode that is made that easy on purpose for casual appeal. You aren't making a fair comparison.

>Character Action
I fucking hate this term you can literally use it to describe any fucking game

>"Yeah but I can just mash the light attack button and win"
nah

Attached: 1636474481495.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

yjk

Attached: 1604166178025.jpg (282x223, 9.2K)

No you can't. There are zero Nintendo developed games you could describe as Character Action games.

>I ONLY HAVE FUN BY WINNING!!!!
>WINNING IN VIDEO GAMES GIVES ME VALUE AND PURPOSE!!!!!
Die subhuman

Attached: 1594502620207.gif (368x450, 350.45K)

Character Action sounds like a genre games like Uncharted, (New) Tomb Raider, The Last of Us and Assassin's Creed would fall into.

Still better than Action-Adventure. Look at a list of action-adventure games and it's impossible to tell what its supposed to be about.

That's just where the conversation is starting from in the west with any score attack game. No one sees the point in getting better as long as they win one playthrough on normal

Nigga just call them hack n slash

God I hope so

Mario is a character action game you fucking retard

retard

Attached: FJJb6ptX0AMznMc.jpg (1159x1638, 143.66K)

why do so few artists know how to draw a good fupa? its not supposed to look like flabby abs