They really bit off more than they could chew. It's like they spent 90% of dev time to perfect Limgrave...

They really bit off more than they could chew. It's like they spent 90% of dev time to perfect Limgrave. It's front loading at its most blatant.

The first 20-30 hours are absolutely magical, the finest open world experience in gaming. It's mind blowing, new discoveries upon new discoveries. Then it really collapses under its own development issues as well as flaws inherent to open world design they managed to hide so well in Limgrave. The copy pasted everything and the repetitive empty overworld structure eventually turn the initial sense of amazement into a terrible hangover.

It's the post-Anor Londo slog 1/6th into the game instead of 2/3rd. It's impossible to defend.

What's sad is how this could have been remedied by just making things a bit smaller and tighter, by spreading some of the initial Limgrave encounters to later areas, by just making some differences for the mini dungeons.

I want to hope that this is just a prototype for a new formula, that will be improved upon in future sequels or titles. I really hope they will learn from the fans feedback and realize what a severe mistake all the recycling was. It cheapens the entire experience. But when I see the sales numbers and the reviews, I don't think they will have the incentive to really bother.

Attached: 1646961952958.jpg (1080x1810, 223.93K)

Shut the fuck up Anglo.

tl;dr OP got filtered by Radahn

Kill yourself putin shilll

limgrave is isn't in the top 5 areas

I apologize for making this 3x3 and spamming it on Any Forums for at least 2-3 years before Elden Ring was released. Elden Ring, despite being fun at times, is also extremely boring. The casualization and dumbing down is a negative for sure, but it gets overshadowed by the disaster that is the boredom and flaws that are inherent to an open world map. Exploring the open world was fun at times, but once you realize the copy paste elements and once the initial awe of the art direction and vistas are gone, you realize what it truly is: wasting your time running around looking for the fun parts, while in previous soulsborne games, the entire game was the fun part. I was never bored with any of the soulsborne games, but Elden Ring is the first one that bored me. I am overleveld, I kill bosses way too fast, there is no challenge, no sense of overcoming difficulties like past soulsborne games. I don't even have a desire to replay Elden Ring, thanks to the retarded massive boring time wasting open world map. The STRUCTURED, CONDENSED, FOCUSED and FINE-TUNED worlds of the previous soulsborne games offer a far superior GAMING experience.

Elden Ring is a DILUTION of almost everything that made the previous soulsborne games good. Elden Ring is without a doubt the WORST soulsborne game. I will NEVER EVER post this 3x3 as my 3x3 again, from now on it will only be a symbol of atonement for my sin; to show those who saw this 3x3 during those 2-3 years that I was wrong, I was a garbage human, I shouldn't have shilled Elden Ring during those 2-3 years before it came out.

I am sorry Any Forums.

Attached: 3x3 (3).jpg (1000x1000, 362.27K)

This is also what I thought before I got past Caelid and realized Limgrave is like the second shittiest area.

>The first 20-30 hours are mind blowing they rest of the game wasn't as good
The magic just wore off as you got more used to the game. The rest of the game has been fine, limgrave actually kind of sucks its like half swamp. The only part of the map that is actually peak design is Stormveil castle, and other areas such as the capital and volcano manor come pretty close, but never reach it.

why not kill yourself instead?

I've watched a ton of people stream the game and I don't really see this reaction so much.
>the repetitive empty overworld structure eventually turn the initial sense of amazement into a terrible hangover
There's one moment in Liurnia and many moments in Altus, and basically the entirety of Mountaintops, where I've seen players say they couldn't find anything to do or they were sick of fighting x enemy. But this is applicable to maybe 15% of the game. Not whatever the fuck you just tried to say.
>just making some differences for the mini dungeons
To my surprise, players love most of the dungeons. I think the "dungeons are repetitive" perspective comes more from people who watch streams than people who actually play the game. I can't count all the times I've seen someone finish a dungeon and then say, "This dungeon was cool," or something. There's a lot of forgettable dungeons, too - yes - but players blitz through them so it's whatever. They're better than Chalice Dungeons.
>I really hope they will learn from the fans feedback and realize what a severe mistake all the recycling was
From their perspective, all that stuff is just there to replace grinding the same monsters at the same bonfire. For casual players in Souls games, they have to grind levels to beat bosses. The open world replaces that by giving them slightly different areas to find with slightly different enemies. They were specifically not meant to be novel experiences. If they were, the game would take 8 years to make.
>I want to hope that this is just a prototype for a new formula
>I don't think they will have the incentive to really bother
This is some serious disrespect for a developer that has made more than one good game in 10 years, something no other developer has done.

>They really bit off more than they could chew. It's like they spent 90% of dev time to perfect Limgrave. It's front loading at its most blatant.
But Atlus Plateau is the best area

If I do that, I won't be able to experience the shitposting crusade that will occur when Bloodborne comes to PC in 2022-2023.

>I think the "dungeons are repetitive" perspective comes more from people who watch streams than people who actually play the game. I can't count all the times I've seen someone finish a dungeon and then say, "This dungeon was cool
Are you serious right now?

Man some people here just type and let it happen, you have to understand this board is shared with a lot of genuinely mentally retarded people.

altus

Can you guys elaborate on this opinion? I see anons say things like this, but then never explain what they mean. For me, Limgrave is chockfull of setpieces and it's of course the first place you experience most enemies and mechanics, but it also just feels more finely detailed.

Limgrave has
>Boc, polymorphed into a bush
>a runebear polymorphed into a slave
>a field of lightning strikes
>a mad pumpkinhead beating himself up on a bridge
>Patches
>a wolfman howling on top of ruins
>a one-minute long elevator ride underground
>multiple trapped chests
>a troll hanging upside down with a severed leg
>Godwyn's giant, distorted face in the ground
>the dining hall with limbs hanging from the ceiling and a portrait of Godfrey
>a tunnel that goes under water and leads you to an island with a dragon church
>Agheel comes swooping in killing a ton of dudes
>an NPC comes to your rescue when another NPC invades you
>wolves falling out of the sky
>sorceress BDSM
I feel like I'm missing stuff, but Limgrave is full of interesting little moments. I feel like Liurnia and Caelid have half as many, and the rest of the game has almost none.

Wow I'm retarded. I've been reading and saying it as Atlus for over 70 hours of playtime. I had to stare at your post for a solid minute before I realized you were correcting me.

Attached: 1445802190173.gif (280x204, 1.89M)

Jesus christ, just shut the fuck up. Nobody cares what you think. It's a major hit. If you don't like it, fine, don't play it. Nobody cares. Just fucking be quiet.

why do they always use the most goofy pictures for poor miyazaki

Love that some of your "Limgrave moments" are just areas that you can get to if you start in Limgrave lmao

Yes, they're called Discord trannies and they spend every waking hour raiding the board flaming this game, because they live on disability and their parents let them have a computer. It should be illegal.

I hope you're falseflaging you sad sad faggot

I mean just because other people are mentally retarded doesn't mean your mental illness is the correct one to have lmao

eat shit open world tranny, true soulsborne fans finna dab hard on all y'all for the next years.

Attached: 1645639982200.png (466x512, 123.52K)

Im convinced these kind posts are made by seething devs and producers that dont want AAA games to deliver this much content at base price.

Attached: 1536291759652.jpg (960x720, 68.46K)

FILTERED goes in all fields

I personally enjoy the design of random dungeon, mostly the latter ones that try to mindfuck you.
They aren't bad, really. And it's not like they are all actually same, shit like Hero Graves is torture.

>if you start in Limgrave
You start in Limgrave, user.

You start wherever you decide to spawn in at, have you played the game? The best part is if you're talking about the beginning of the game you actually DON'T start in Limgrave.

This is a weird troll attempt, user, and I don't know what kind of response you're expecting, but I was expecting lists of all the cool setpieces in the second half of the game.

I mean it would be weird if I was replying to something unrelated, I was just replying to some guy who was for some reason mentioning that you start in Limgrave, which isn't even true. The game starts somewhere completely different.

So, you concede and Limgrave actually is the best region. What's the point of spamming threads saying it's shit, then? I don't think a paid shill would bother arguing something so specific.

this thread smells and i am sorry for op that mom made him play through horizon forbidden chest

>So, you concede and Limgrave actually is the best region
Huh?
>What's the point of spamming threads saying it's shit, then?
Huh?
We're two for two, I literally have no idea what you're on about. Do you think I'm someone else?

My post was in response to three people. If you're not one of them, you can go back to sucking my dick.