Is it really the best platformer of all time?

Is it really the best platformer of all time?

Attached: dktf.jpg (500x500, 348.14K)

It's got 3 other games in the same series that are just as good if not better.

country 1
and 3
everything after that is forgettable, tropical freeze included

no, mario 64 is still king

yeah
literal janky garbage that has not aged that well at all
tiny screen real estate, bad platforming and controls with an unnecessary focus on precision, shit enemies, etc
if you genuinely think tropical freeze isn't better, you need to take your nostalgia goggles off

>bad terrible awful jank jank jank
filtered, you love new super mario bros: donkey kong version
you aught feel bad.

Country 3 has amazing platforming, 1 is janky as fuck and 2 has too much "go up" levels

it's up there

definitely the best 2D platformer of the decade at least (if you cite trannyleste please dilate in advance thanks)

>definitely the best 2D platformer of the decade at least
Guacamelee is better but DKCTF is up there

how was I filtered if I still beat the game?
not bad, but tropical freeze is objectively better
and smb3 was a much better game from the same era, so there's no excuse

I honestly can't think of a 2D platformer on par with it. Maybe Rayman Origins or Legends?

Just fuck off to /vr/ you fossil

Get your hollow-like trash out of here. It is the most generic of the genre and nowhere near as good

Can I emulate the swtich rehash perfectly yet? I can't be fucked taking out my Wii U again.

Dustforce just a lil bit better

Yeah it emulates near perfectly on Ryujinx, I did a full playthrough

It has platforming and it's better than the platforming in DKCTF, what more can you want. Just the movement flexibility and skill reliance puts it a league ahead of DKCTF whose only movement abilities are the basic jump and nothing but different types of crutches (an actual crutch in Cranky's case).

I prefer DK's variety of level themes and the visual style (I like the Mexico vibe in Guacamelee but the 2D vector art is eh and it gets a bit rote and repetitive in places), but purely gameplay-wise, Guacamelee is better.

i got guacamelee for free on wii u and got bored within a few minutes
felt like i was playing shantae but ugly

Why not emulate with CEMU?

Great for a normal playtrough but suffers from the same problem like Crash Bandicoot 4 when you go for 100% completion. Levels are too long, it's super annoying to have to re-enter the stage for sometimes really well hidden collectibles.

A true masterpiece platformer is extremely fun to 100% like Super Mario World, Mario 64 or Crash Bandicoot 2. It should be more fun to 100% the game than to just beat it normally. 100% runs should be approachable enough that you can do them each and every single time you start the game new. Tropical Freeze is tedious to complete, you most likely will just do it once if at all. Developers have forgotten for a long time now what matters for a platformer.

There isn't even any serious platforming until like an hour in, it's all combat, basic platforming, and story until then.

>felt like i was playing shantae but ugly
Graphics have nothing to do with the quality of platforming.

Attached: 1958.jpg (1596x1598, 473.59K)