Why is that Elden Ring doesn't have really memorable bosses?

Why is that Elden Ring doesn't have really memorable bosses?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 134.86K)

Gael was the same shit as Elden Ring. Just another cartwheeling austim-rage retard that's 15 feet tall with a massive health pool and multiple phases.

Because Miyazaki is a creatively bankrupt hack.

>morgott
>hoarah loux
>rennala
>radahn
>malenia
>red wolf
>dragonlord
>astel
all memorable imo

>HAND IT OVER. THAT THING, YOUR ELDEN RING

The bosses are memorable per se. It's the story of Dark Souls 3 that is more interesting imo

Attached: b4f.jpg (569x428, 24.59K)

If the bosses in ER aren't memorable why cant you fucks stop talking about them hmmm?

I'm still shaking aftear beating Margit. That fucking son of a bitch took like 30 tries and 2 hours or so. How are people beating him, I can't fucking understand it. I had to use summons or I wouldn't even get to half of his health bar. FUCK THAT BOSS, I come from just finishing Dark Souls and I'm getting so rekt, this is truly depressing

>Gael was the same shit as Elden Ring
not at all

I'll give you Rennala and Radahn (the latter is more of a meme really), Astel had cool effects but the rest I can't recall after a day of playing

It has tons of filler but it still has a handful of memorable bosses. Maliketh, Real Mohg, Radagon, Mirgit, were all solid and memorable for me. I like Malenia's first form once I got used to the bullshit move.

I don’t know honestly most of the bosses have been really lame. Both of the context of the fight and the music has been lukewarm 95% of the time. The other 5% are great but holy shit are there a bunch of forgettable literal who’s in this game.

This. I don't even remember him.

Elden Ring's story is pretty shit, but DaS3's was also awful.
>Yes indeed.
>[Minute of laughter]
>The world is dying again so a bell rang somewhere and it ressurected you(?)
>Go gather exactly four burned out souls of Lords of Cinder
>Except one who isn't actually a lord of Cinder but we forgot while we were writing this, oh well
>Alright, thanks for linking the fire, have a good day
>Credits

The only memorable boss for me in ER was the guy riding a boat. Reminded me of the good old demons souls days where bosses were just wacky shit and not really difficult but really made you go "wtf is that".

night cavalry is cool fuck u

i unironically like that you get to fight like 6 of them, they're fun and easy

>double your movement speed and acceleration
>double attack speed and halve the cooldown frames
>you can now animation cancel normal attacks into weapon arts and spells
there i fixed ER combat, that wasn't so hard

Attached: 1623151801539.png (396x266, 42.96K)

I liked phase 1 of moon witch too.

>red wolf
>radahn
lmao

Gaelfags are fucking retarded, sovl of cinder will always remain memorable

Attached: xBSjg67.png (289x289, 159.32K)

>>double your movement speed and acceleration
This would make the game feel like shit but I agree wit the rest.

Everything in Elden Ring is wacky shit though. I can't take any of it seriously because it's so far detached from reality.

All of Elden Rings bosses are just DS3 bosses with a different skin on them. Also the music in Elden Ring fucking sucks and you typically have better memories of something when combined with other senses. Gael’s fight is cool and memorable because it has the best track in the entire series and is THE final boss of the Dark Souls trilogy

It's because the shitch has no games.

I enjoyed Mogh, Godfrey, Godrick, and Maliketh more than any other games base bosses. Rykard was also quite good for what it is. Although Godskin Duo is the worst boss they've ever done.

ok you convinced me I agree with you now, good point

>but DaS3's was also awful.
No it wasn't
>>The world is dying again so a bell rang somewhere and it ressurected you(?)
>>Go gather exactly four burned out souls of Lords of Cinder
The whole point was exactly mirroring the Chosen Undead quest, since the pointless ritual of human sacrifice is repeated over and over, but DaS3 has a twist with the Untended Graves and Dreg Heap time travel and the End of Fire
>>Except one who isn't actually a lord of Cinder but we forgot while we were writing this, oh well
They didn't "forget", Lorian and Lothric are some of the best characters among From Software bosses
>>Alright, thanks for linking the fire
Actual fucktard

Because they're all flailing retards with almost no pattern to them.

Which guy? You mean the mariners?

>>Alright, thanks for linking the fire
Are you actually just fucking retarded? Inbred maybe?

Attached: nonono.gif (300x242, 1.13M)

imagine defending garbage stories

They have a slight disadvantage because there isn't DLC yet, and DLC always turns their games up to eleven, and also I personally feel like the dialogue in Elden Ring isn't as good. Don't know if it's the writing or voice acting, but there's a ton of times where I actually smirked and thought, "Really?"

But even then, the game does have memorable bosses. I've perused streams to see people's reactions to fun moments and everyone's blown away by Radahn. They usually really like the real bosses, as well as some of the minor ones, like the Fallingstar Beast and the Tibia Mariner (for some reason).

It's not really unique, though. When journalists described it, I thought we'd be fighting a giant ghost ship or something. Instead it's just a dude in a canoe and he's basically just Witch of Hemwick.

I'm like 25 hours in

And Radan has already mogged every Dark Souls boss in my eyes.

Is this section the single best moment in Fromsoft history? Everything about this build up was fucking kino.
>warriors around gathered by to take on the strongest demigod
>angelic chanting in the background
>based Blaidd by your side
>the brief cutscene/story you get about Radahn
>his fucking meteor attack
>his cute smol horse

I was literally erect the entire time. In fact, the more that I think about it. I think this section was hands down my favorite part of any Soulsborne game outside of Bloodbornes massive reveal/twist.

Attached: 20220311002327_1.jpg (1920x1080, 603.24K)

This was my first Souls game and honestly all of the main bosses were pretty memorable.

My favorite is probably Maliketh, though a big part of that I think was that he wasn't spoiled for me. I had heard the name somehow in the game before, but I assumed he was another like actual person.
I had done all of Gurranq's sidequest and loved the big boy. Was really sad when I thought he died after giving him the final Death Root.
Then I get to Farum Azula and see that there's beast monk statues and think "Hey, they look like Gurranq, I guess this is where he's from"
Finally reaching the big boss arena and seeing Gurranq and him recognizing me and asking why I'm here felt really neat, but I didn't realize he was THE boss of the area till the cutscene. And when it started it finally clicked to me what was going on and I fucking love his design.
The fight is also pretty fucking cool too. His debuff is bullshit, but I've been using it actually myself for a while so it felt fitting. And his attacks were just fucking cool.

Used his gear for my Journey 2 speedrun for Chaos ending and it looks fucking sick there too.

Attached: chaos get.jpg (3840x2160, 1.15M)

You are a legitimate retard who thinks the Ashen One canonically ever links the Fire and that missed most of DS3 story, your opinion on what makes a story good is irrelevant

Is this true

Attached: 20220310_194108.jpg (774x612, 69.32K)

I don't even know what you two nerds are talking about but I do know the story was fucking worthless.

I wonder how big of a window their was between this euphoria being announced and it being the euphoria that topped the search results.

>DaS3 has a twist with the Untended Graves and Dreg Heap time travel and the End of Fire
That's not a twist at all. The game ends exactly the same regardless of what you do in optional areas. If it were like DS2 where you can get a completely different ending, you'd have a point, but it isn't. The time travel is never explained or even thought out, it's just some dumb shit that inexplicably happens and then you go back to present day and get whatever ending anyway while a town of literal whos gets to live in a new painting.
>They didn't "forget"
They totally did. They call them Lords of Cinder several times, despite them not being Lords of Cinder, they're the complete opposite of a Lord of Cinder, and they're also a pea-brained pair of nothing characters whose backstory is "I'm a limp wristed king that can't fight, so my brother fought and now he's a cripple and so we're going to lay in bed for all eternity because some vague scholar that could be someone suggested it."

You're right, what was I thinking you can choose to:
>Link the fire
>Not link the fire
>Not link the fire and kill the firekeeper
>Become some vague lord of hollows despite DS3 not understanding what Hollowing is.
Wow, really broke new ground here, especially with Usurping which goes no where and has no clear explanation.

so is elden ring in the same universe as dark souls or are all the gael references just fromsoft pulling our cocks?

The fight was shit boring

>he recognizes you and calls you out if you do his quest
I love this shit in games.

completely phoned-in forgettable soundtracks and homogenized movesets

you got filtered admit it

bloodborne and sekiro ruined my timing for slow attacks