Sometimes he bing... but other times... he wahoo

>sometimes he bing... but other times... he wahoo...
>so deep and profound...
>*thunderous applause*
seriously how the FUCK does a game like this get the same review score as a game like Red Dead 2, The Last of Us, or Elden Ring? Do reviewers just unironically hold Nintendo games to a different standard and handle their games with kid gloves?

Attached: odysseymc.png (427x326, 72.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/"sometimes he bing"/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is low effort bait and mods should unironically ban Metacritic threads

>video game is good video game with good gameplay
Yes. Mario Odyssey will be fondly remembered while TLOU will be forgotten or only remembered for the memes mocking it.
Now shoo shoo, Snoy. You waste our time.

>Elden ring
user....

>The Last of Us
I think you misspelled "Hold up on the analog stick for 8 hours: the game"

Nice choices

I don't think it deserves a 97 score but gameplay wise it completely destroys elden ring and especially red dead and the last of us and it's not close

>storyfag
>cannot see value in gameplay and controls
Like always, your mind is blind

red dead 2 and last of us 2 are boring movie games with shit gameplay

marion he jump

Attached: 1633265344857.jpg (1000x1266, 414.4K)

this is THE ONLY game i want on Switch, i've held off on getting one for just this one game though
the wait to play it is killing me

Attached: me.jpg (309x347, 32.17K)

No

>Do reviewers just unironically hold Nintendo games to a different standard and handle their games with kid gloves?
unironically yes

Attached: file.png (1000x1266, 1.25M)

You made this thread already. Stop.

kek

Attached: fdaMQi80Fq.webm (1282x722, 2.85M)

yes

for starters it doesn't have ridiculous input queuing/lag/drops and more depth than jump R2 crit

Still no

>literally the mcdonalds of videogames
>no matter how much it changes its still the same experience at its core that has been perfected with all the releases before it
>does only one thing and does it at its best
>"Why the jump game is all about jumping? why its not about going into the sea and fishing? why its not about telling a sob story no one gives a fuck?" -OP
Why OP can't stop sucking dicks?

>50 hour game has 5 second reference to a current event that was all over the news for many years
>THIS IS LITERALLY WHITE GENOCIDE!!!
holy shit you Any Forumstards have brain damage

>NOOOOOO it doesnt have white women being dykes or fucked by black men, how can it be a 97?!?!?!

Have you at least played it faggot ?

The question is whether a game about jumping can ever even be deserving of a 97 when games like Dwarf Fortress exist. No one is arguing that a perfect game about jewel swapping like Bejeweled is deserving of a GOTY title, why is a game about jumping considered just because it has a red plumber on the box.

yes it was all over the news for being a terrorist organization, I know

Attached: 1627497277492.jpg (1024x768, 144.16K)

even as a Mariofag I don't get why it was rated so highly
at least we got Pauline as a mainstay now

Attached: EYTDdmXUMAAJr18.jpg (1200x1200, 163.3K)

>McDonald's of videogames
>earning a 97/100 score
do you even read what you typed before you submit it?

it has a much higher skill ceiling than all the games you've cited in the OP and the vast majority of the AAA production from the past two decades

I never understood if this picture was made to mock Mario Odyssey. It actually conveys perfectly the feeling of the game, stupidly simple yet so glorious.

Mario Odyssey is a quality 3D platformer that makes the majority of the industry wonder "what the fuck are we even doing" and will be remembered and talked about for the rest of human history.

So skill ceiling is the distinction? Bejeweled has a higher skill ceiling than Odyssey yet no one is trying to crown it one of the best games of all time

>a game about jumping

Well faggot if you just simplify every videogame ever of course you make it sound bad, at least say real criticism.

TLOU
>a game about shooting!
GOD OF WAR
>a game about killing!
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
>a game about adventuring!

The difference is that fans and journos have been shitting on every Paper Mario since TTYD and have been waiting for another game that plays like the first two.

>97 meta
>8.2 user
yeah fuck metacridick

Attached: meta-cridick.png (669x357, 70.14K)

Nah

>crime in progress

But user in the post I replied to () said it was good because it was a game just about jumping, and not fishing or sad feelings or what have you, and you have plenty of anons ITT arguing that it's good because of that simplicity, so are the games you listed also good because of the simplicity?

It's because the game is actually enjoyable to play.

>Bejeweled has a higher skill ceiling than Odyssey
no it doesn't lmao

>Mario on the cover

Remove that name, and it is probably a 85 on metacritic.

>How is a video game better than a movie at being a video game

Idk

the fact that people are surprised by this score is baffling, have you even tried the game? the game might not be up your alley but to deny the amount of polish and competent game design put into it is ridiculous.

Its fun to play.

But it's not drastically more enjoyable to play than many other games that don't get anywhere near that recognition, maybe it's *more widely* enjoyable but definitely not *more* enjoyable. Should pandering to the lowest common denominator factor into the acclaim?

Honestly we just need a Sony board to contain them.

It does

You've posted this before but to reiterate the same shit that you were told last time. None of the 3 games you posted are good games. Review scores are always paid. And you can continue staying ass mad that Mario Odyssey got a high score without being endorsed and having its cock sucked by the dorito pope

The point of my post is that first play the game and bring real discussion to Any Forums not consolewarfaggotry.

arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/"sometimes he bing"/
You already made this thread

Plenty of games have the same amount of polish and competent game design but no 97 on Metacritic, what makes Mario different

Bought it for coop to play with sis, coop was utter garbage and not fun at all. What the hell were they thinking? We ended up playing resident evil 5 instead

It does because... it just does, okay?

>Plenty of games have the same amount of polish and competent game design
I'd wish so

Yes, like Odyssey has a higher skill ceiling than RDR2, TLOU, and Elden Ring because.. it just does okay??

>Plenty of games have the same amount of polish and competent game design
cite 5

blackwashing your NPCs is not polish, btw.

Attached: 048.png (1195x379, 963.45K)

Name a few that's on par with Odyssey

Even discussing skill ceiling and rdr2 cracks me up

They do

Bully
Warcraft 3
Serious Sam TSE
Guacamelee
Bastion

I think the biggest mistake is trying to pit completely different games against each other. It seems it's time reviewers become specialized in different areas, like you see youtubers. You have this dude, he likes boomer shooters, he reviews boomer shooters.
It's like a magazine we used to have in my country. It had these 4 reviewer archetypes and each one of them was responsible for games that fit them so the scores made sense for that specific genre

>Red Dead 2
>The Last of Us
Literally movies and not games
>Elden Ring
Yearly Fromshit rehash #12

It's been 4.5 years, when are you gonna stop being obsessed?