Were western devs always this salty or what is finally braking them?

Were western devs always this salty or what is finally braking them?

Attached: 1646927540558.jpg (812x767, 87.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LTJ7OOvneyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's just feminized "men" being passive aggressive about an unashamedly hardcore traditional rpg being the best game to come out recently

they were always this salty and they will now do anything to drag fromsoftware down to their level. they'll just hire more brown men, surely it was because there wasnt enough diversity

Attached: 1646521478454.webm (270x480, 1.74M)

Just idea guys being absolutely mogged the fuck out out of an actual good game.

Your picture is simply coping given form.

Why did he reach the correct conclusion in his last sentence, but then didn't rewrite the previous sentences accordingly before posting? If you can understand that it's just a cultural difference, then why write that it's a "problem" rather than admitting it's just your personal preference? The vast majority of Japanese games have separate inventory and equipment tabs/sub-menus and nobody had a problem with this in the past 30 years.

Lads I got the weekend off, should I buy elden ring? is the journo seething testament to how amazing it is? Is the stuttering fixed?

>going to college to make bideo game
these are all industry babies. they are accustomed to thinking they officially "trained" to make video games and that ease of use, quality assurance are what are important. Nevermind that Elden Ring is proving that all that shit is literally nothing compared to GOOD VIDEO GAEM

they're salty as hell
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to equip something from your inventory but pressing a bumper to change a screen to equip it is far away from being
>its own level of hell

>game has bad UI
>nooo its all the women and brown men's fault!
i see you're suffering from Any Forums rot

fromsoft already lowered themselves to that level by becoming a one-trick pony who only makes the westernized trash known as souls. elden trannies is literally an ubisoft "game."

this

funny i didn't mention women or brown people but you somehow inferred that from my post. why is that?

Nobody has a problem with it now, these subhumans are just desperate to nitpick because Elden Ring is making them look bad.

No, just like Any Forums they need something to constantly complain abut to stay relevant.
The same "complaint" could've come up in your average shitposting thread.

Stuttering seems to be mostly gone (pretty sure it was creating shaders in the first place so it only happened once per area)

I'm starting to think UI design is the only thing western companies might actually do and they outsource all the real work to India.

>its all the women and brown men's fault!
correct! see even a leftypol tranny can understand this

I apologize for making this 3x3 and spamming it for years on Any Forums. Elden Ring, despite being fun at times, is also extremely boring. The casualization and dumbing down is a negative for sure, but it gets overshadowed by the disaster that is the boredom and flaws that are inherent to an open world map. Exploring the open world was fun at times, but once you realize the copy paste elements and once the initial awe of the art direction and vistas are gone, you realize what it truly is: running around looking for the fun parts, while in previous soulsborne games, the entire game was the fun part. I was never bored with any of the soulsborne games, but Elden Ring is the first one that bored me. I am overleveld, I kill bosses way too fast, there is no challenge, no sense of overcoming difficulties like past soulsborne games. I don't even have a desire to replay Elden Ring, thanks to the retarrded massive boring map. The STRUCTURED, CONDENSED, FOCUSED and FINE-TUNED worlds of the previous soulsborne games offer a far superior GAMING experience.

Elden Ring is a dilution of almost everything that made the previous soulsborne games good. Elden Ring is without a doubt the worst soulsborne game. I will NEVER EVER post this 3x3 again. I am sorry Any Forums.

Attached: 3x3 (2).jpg (1000x1000, 362.23K)

I mean, not to say it's not nice to be able to equip from the inventory or the equipment screen, but I really can't think of many games western or otherwise that allow you to do that, so I don't get the anti japanese tirade here

Terrible copypasta.

this guy might be retarded

You must hate reality.

>Breaks N*ntendies
>Breaks Tolkientards
>Breaks western devs
>Breaks all sales record
>Breaks Horizon Forbidden West

Attached: Legend.png (737x1173, 1023.55K)

It's just the current front for the culture war. Souls = gatekeeping = old guard gamers, so they have to be against it however they can.

but they are right?
the UI in ER is litteraly 15 years old and hasnt changed at all since demons souls
event in the network test everybody complained about it to the point where the actually changed the style
now they really need to work on the UI itselt in their next game
>inb4 if it aint broke dont fix it
no fuck off

What's wrong about having different tabs for item categories?

There are a lot of layers to it. I think From basically just sticking to their formula and succeeding, while western devs also strictly adhere to their committee-approved formulas, while also trying their best to ruin every facet of those formula. The line is thinner than you think but the western devs see it clearly and deeply resent it.

You can shit on From for being a one-trick pony or perhaps leaning into the ebin hardcore difficulty aspects of their formula too much as time goes on, but holy shit compared to other developers they're willing to shake the fucking earth. Souls compared to the rest of the mainstream industry is a monument to what makes games great. What's more they manage to be artful without sacrificing "game-y" elements and getting shat on by a giant monkey, which I'm sure makes AAA westerners fucking seethe even after all the praise they get for their cinematic trash. There are plenty of Japanese devs willing to make something just as gameplay oriented but few would be willing to make it even half as tough and even fewer could pull off artsy part of it.

Also they have the best voice acting in the industry and none of their actors appear in other games. So I'm pretty sure someone somewhere in the western industry is mad about that, too.

Source now, nigger.

>Shits on western trash
>Shits on Kojima
>Shits on Shazam-trannies
How the fuck does he do it?

We desperately need one of these in From games.

Attached: ACOdyssey_SkillTree.jpg (1920x1080, 315.89K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LTJ7OOvneyQ
Learn to google nigger

Yeah they have always been bitter over Japan.

Now spoonfeed me some anime titties since you are busy being my bitch.

Out of curiosity I was watching random people play ER and it became unfortunately obvious how many were so indoctrinated by the usual open world design that they couldn't seem to grasp around the idea that not every game is meant to play like all the other games on the market, and this extends to things like UI/UX. Apparently if it's not designed like it's a smartphone app, it's bad UI.