Old School FPS

Which old FPS is your favorite Any Forums? For me it's Unreal Gold

Attached: 1114.png (1366x766, 1.51M)

Quake. Played it last year for the first time and it impressed me the most from a pure gameplay perspective. Just barely edges out Doom 1/2.

Attached: vore.gif (138x134, 37.14K)

excellent taste, user
shame they never made a sequel, right?

The sequel has more soul than the first game

I've heard it's pretty bad.

Damn the skaarj queen looking kinda juicy.

Attached: dd7.jpg (500x375, 23.94K)

It had so much soul it weighed down it's movement speed so much that fucking Halo has a faster movement speed than it. U2 is fucking trash and we should pretend it doesn't exist.

Duke 3D is my comfort game.

good joke dude

Glad I'm not the only degen lmao

Attached: 444.png (1366x768, 1.63M)

Unreal 2 is a very pretty game but its the worst FPS game I have ever played.

This bad boy. Shit was so fun and still holds up decently

Attached: 64A27FDD-DC61-44B3-AD26-2F674C58534A.jpg (280x357, 24.41K)

How is it every classic shooter has either had a giant resurgence of interest (usually fueled by ecelebs) or some sort of retro game inspired by it, except unreal?

because Epic only cares about Fortnite now

Most other old shooters still have active modding communities, I haven't seen anything recent from Unreal.

I meant Unreal Tournament '99 was quite soulful but Unreal Gold is peak soul

Timmy, Cliffy, and Epics reputation I think really hurt Unreals legacy.

>Unreal Gold
Really? i mean, it's a good game, but favorite? What do you like so much about it?

Attached: 1634212446868.png (1024x600, 647.97K)

Just use a cheat, that's what I did. You can speed up the movement speed as much as you want I think

Not OP but I love Unreal for it's competent AI enemies, Fun weapon choices (Flak Cannon is pure sex), and kick-ass OST. Admittedly Unreal can drag on, but this is somewhat fixed by playing the expansion pack instead.

Everything the other guy said + muh atmosphere.

Then you're still dealing with the annoying NPCs, generic weapons and braindead enemies.

The atmosphere does it for me. All alone in a hostile planet, doing your best to find other human survivors, but they're all dead.