Apple’s new M1 Ultra aims to beat Nvidia’s RTX 3090

Mac gaming master race? Anyone???

Attached: Screenshot_20220310-131947_Chrome.jpg (1080x1353, 235.28K)

The shitty new Mac m1 chips are fucking up our development environment at work. I absolutely loathe them

>Linux dominates the handheld market
>Mac dominates the computer market
Windows sisters... We got too cocky!

>Mac
Sir, this is a gaming vBulletin forum.

for only $3999 you can use photoshop slightly faster

As someone who's been using M1 macs for the past year or so.
You're not going to be gaming on a Mac, or at least you're not going to play any actual games.
Very few developers make use and support the Metal API which would take advantage of the hardware, along with Apple being a fucking cunt about software BS.
I won't be surprised if the chip could outperform a 3090, but it's not going to be in anything a normal person would give a shit about.

How come?

by the times it's out the 4000 series will be here

Kek so basically this is like ps3's cell processor for gaming? I get that macs are made for work and hobby shit, but why do shills come here and spam about how good they are for games when very few devs will actually take the time to take advantage of the chip?

>could take the world's fastest GPU*
>*only if you pretend OptiX doesn't exist

I love playing Ambrosia's Escape Velocity series and Spiderweb Software's Exile: Escape from the Pit.

Long live the Confederacy!

>ARM
HA GAY

Now that everything uses the same architecture and chips they really should start paying companies to port their games to Apple platforms.
Like Applefags aren't huge in to gaming, but if you ported shit like Tomb Raider, Fifa or other AAA games to Apple shit then normalfags would eat those up. Hell, even just compatibility between phone, tablet, Apple TV boxes, macs and macbooks would make buying a game on your Apple account make sense over buying it elsewhere if you have more than one Apple device.

There are lots of compatibility issues with older non arm software. Not sure why but every new hire who was given an m1 Mac has had issues setting up our tools. We had to create a dedicated m1 Mac troubleshooting team for this. We've since stopped buying m1 macs

Applefags use their 2008 Macs and are surprised that games run like shit

If anyone made M1 games, sure.

yeah and they said the same for M1 max and 3080's, and it wasn't even slightly close

I mean, that's sort of to be expected, it's running though Rosetta 2 which turns x86 code to ARM64.

can't you just bootcamp windows to your mac

Its a fucking chiplet, how is it going to beat a rtx 3090, you fucking retard.

On the old Intel macs yeah that's what everyone did. No idea what they do now with the new M1 macs.

In very very very specific use cases you numpty.
Shit like those geek-bench, but basically nothing that would ever be used in the real world.

who cares, the real benefit is in power efficiency

im tech illiterate

does that chip do graphics too? i thought it was only a cpu

It's a SoC, so it has everything packed it.

Apple doesn't care about games.