Can someone explain what the fuck is going on with this company...

Can someone explain what the fuck is going on with this company? I saw someone say it best but it feels like they're turning into what Capcom was in the late 00s-early 10s when they made that hard turn to Western inspired games and kept fucking up.

At least back then, it was because the Western market was starting to really dominate so Japanese companies panicked but that doesn't really apply here this time

Attached: ogp_square-enix.png (1200x630, 17.78K)

You mean the Final Fantasy XIV company?

Run by a race traitor.

Hey, OP.

Attached: 1421725771962.jpg (1917x1917, 276.24K)

when the rush 1.0 version of Final Fantasy XiV released and it failed to meet quota's and expectations within the first month it marked the start of a shift within the company as that rushed launch made them realize that they'll make more money catering to westerners than easterners and players that want to just play a game for a week and leave then those that want to live their lives through the game.

this is why and what happened and the only way to fix this is for the company to have face another XiV disaster since many in high ranking positions in that company see that game as a example for other games to look too.

How does that mesh with FF XIV being in the "attempting to be greatest MMO of all time" mode it's in now

Obsessed.

Attached: 1646945851144.png (942x882, 544.07K)

FFXIV in itself is not what I'm referring to idiot

>feels like they're turning into what Capcom was in the late 00s-early 10s when they made that hard turn to Western inspired games
>turning
Slowpoke, Square has been trying to appeal to the western crowd since the late 2000's when they literally said they wanted to appeal to the western crowd.

This is what happens when your thread's opening post is too vague.

Attached: 1594344199698.jpg (936x1009, 76.69K)

Capcom was better in that period than they are now, all their new shit was still cool. Squenix is putting out absolute untouchable kusoge, there is no parallel to how low they have sunk because, without FFXIV any other company would have gone out of business.

>something big is coming starting Patch 6.1 of Endwalker

FemHroth gfs?

Attached: 1641763915091.jpg (672x501, 24.59K)

>all their new shit was still cool.
This is some big nostalgia because unless you're talking about Lost Planet, no it definitely was not

Dragon quest walk made $1B and their manga division is huge. They aren't poorfags like sega shitters or capcom.

Modern capcom censors but at least their games are alright still won't buy games with face scanning trannys. SE delivers censored westernized trash.

Attached: 1646947077468.jpg (1080x1685, 210.12K)

Don't try and derail

Square is doing just fine, no one cares that you're upset about them being in a good relationship with Sony

>noooo my anti square circle jerk!!!
Cope retard.

Attached: 1646947251883.png (939x798, 526.04K)

Capcom were always making western inspired games, even back in the 80s.... That's always been their style, even since day 1. And it's always worked really well for them.

dragons dogma, ghost trick, zack and wiki, dead rising 1, lost planet, bionic commando rearmed, tatsunoko vs capcom. Meanwhile SFIV was so good it revives fighting games, MvC 3 was good, MH was the best its ever been, DMC 4 was fine, better than 5. Compared to now where there's absolutely nothing new.

The narrative that Capcom went through a dark age because they released a handful of western developed 7/10s is complete bullshit, It was solely an RE dark age, and this new era is solely an RE revival while everything else is shittier.

Also i don't think square are in any trouble at all.

Attached: squeenix.jpg (260x85, 7.34K)

What, they make FFXV (where everybody looks J-pop as fuck), Final Fantasy XIV (which is insanely pandering to Final Fantasy 3), Stranger of Paradise (which is pseudo-ironic and features a white guy as the main character), and FFXVI (which is most likely pandering to Final Fantasy Tactics), and we're bemoaning the death of Square Enix and their new and heavy-handed western pandering?

All it fucking takes for people to start holding their ears and squealing about them going down the same route as Capcom is for them to make games that aren't fuckups but also still feature knights and wizards? Are you shitting me? They don't HAVE an Inafune figure there driving the country down and explicitly trying to play to western grunge sensibilities. Who would that even be in Square Enix? It's not Nomura, which is the easiest shitposter guess. It's not Yoshida, who saved the fucking company by turning FFXIV around. It's not Sakaguchi, he doesn't even work there in an official capacity. Who is it? Who's Square's Inafune?

Attached: 1620118411250.jpg (170x162, 4.35K)

Sega being bad doesn't mean that SE isn't bad

But Any Forums told me babylons fall and avengers would bankrupt them!!

I recall them being pretty pissed that Avengers tanked but yeah they're not going to be in any trouble while FFXIV breathes. It's their most profitable game that isn't a gacha.

>$882 million on a fps
i hope this company dies and never comes back