Holy fucking shit as a long time souls fan I genuinely can't believe this

my brain struggles to process this. we've never seen a Fromsoft launch like this one before. It's only been 2 weeks and the game sold more than 10 million copies on PC alone. let alone on consoles. Is this why Any Forums hates Elden Ring (and souls games) now? Because of it's new found success and popularity?

bonus question: why did normies suddenly get interested in this title??? Is it the open world meme? or maybe the extremely positive reviews? or is it because all the popular streamers were playing it? or is it just word of mouth (like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls path to popularity)?
I saw a 1 star review on google and the guy said he was told Elden Ring was like Skyrim and the Witcher 3 and it wasn't so he hated the game. So I assume a lot of new players don't realize that this game is more similar to Dark Souls games and not more casual games like Assassin's Creed for example.0jm28

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 12.17.09 AM.png (1710x1352, 1.48M)

fromsoft is genuinely retarded for not porting bloodborne to pc, it's literally free money

Everything is explained by this stupid "LOL PREPARE TO DIE XDDDD" that for some reason from has decided to embrace. This feels like a DS3 mod

I don't believe this

I put in 120 hours and finally finished it today. Where does the idea that Any Forums hates this game come from? Shazam lost.

they don't own the IP

>bonus question: why did normies suddenly get interested in this title???
Cultural phenomenon. They will buy anything if enough people like it. There is nothing they fear more than missing out on the next big thing

id like to hope this would mean other developers would be less afraid of the generic AAA handholding approach but i know better than that

I don't know if that's true but the Soul series has always sold better on PC, it was wasted on sonyfags.

From success will usher in another golden age of gaming. Western publishers are going to be pushing studios to become the next big experience. The people have spoken, and we love elden ring

just level up more jesus christ game gives you so many options to circumvent or come back to hard encounters

>bonus question: why did normies suddenly get interested in this title???
FOMO

what are the chrysalids anyway? i don't remember encountering a single one

Where did i say it's hard? This game is probably the easiest souls due to how many ways you have to cheese it and how utterly broken the balance is. I'm just saying from has decided to ride on "le hard gaem" meme instead of making a quality game.

After this you can bet your ass they're going to chase those sales. Bloodborne PC is pretty much guaranteed. We did it PC Chads. We won.

Attached: 1637346657779.gif (400x400, 2.22M)

>GoT writer: the video game!
Gee. I wonder why it was popular with the mainstream goldfish.

It is Sony's decision. As for all the other IPs, it is Bamco's decision.

because you're complaining about them embracing the prepare to die meme thus implying you find it difficult.
>I'm just saying from has decided to ride on "le hard gaem"
So is it hard or not?

Sony servers are full of signs everywhere, including end game so it probably sold well there too.

This

>Is this why Any Forums hates Elden Ring (and souls games) now? Because of it's new found success and popularity?
Can't cope with it not being exactly like DS1 combat.

>cultural phenomenon
no it's a psychological effect, the more popular a thing is the more people will think it's good

holy cope
your favorite game isn't niche
your tastes aren't unique or refined
your favorite series has had a new entry pumped out, on average, every 2 years, with minimal changes to gameplay and story
normies like elden ring because it's normieshit
you like normieshit

From has decided to make the game "hard" which is loading it with bullshit that normies will fall for and then call the game "hardest game of all time" or whatever when in reality it's piss easy because of how retardedly broken it is. From has decided to embrace that aspect instead of making a probably smaller but more quality product, do you understand?

I'm conflicted on how to feel about it, on one hand the game reached a completely casual audience, memes aside. I do not like the fact that the series and the developer whose works I fell in love with many years ago is now mainstream. And yet I don't begrudge Elden Ring for its success. It is a profound masterpiece that not even 1% of its players will bother to understand.

It's success means even more wonderous adventures in the future, but the community now has engulfed a fairly soulless group of people. It's a victory and a defeat in one.

I'm OP and I totally forgot about the George RR Martin thing lol. but I don't even remember them using his name for marketing that much. but you might be right

>a report
what report

surely that's not just from the guys guessing the sales numbers based on steam stats right

>Is it the open world meme? or maybe the extremely positive reviews? or is it because all the popular streamers were playing it? or is it just word of mouth (like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls path to popularity)?
Probably all of the above. FromSoft has an extremely positive reputation as well. They're basically what CD Projekt Red and Blizzard used to be seen as

ahah I can see your captcha NERD

Shazam lost, fuckin' hard.

Yes. It's an estimate based on fucking Steamspy

Should have expected it from the DS2 director desu

it's sony's decision
they'd prefer to keep one of their biggest cash cow console selling games on ps4

>it is important to remember that data from SteamSpy is not official, so players should take this information with a grain of salt. At the time of writing, FromSoftware, or any other reputable data tracking company, hasn't confirmed the 10 million units sold for Elden Ring on PC. Despite this, there is no denying that Elden Ring is on the road to smash sales records.

>Elden Ring has seen the biggest non-FIFA or Call of Duty launch in the UK since Red Dead Redemption 2. Additionally, Elden Ring's initial sales are more than double the performance of Horizon: Forbidden West.

Yeah, just like how the BB port was guaranteed after DS3's excellent sales, amirite? Oh wait.

lmao pcfags are the cuckolds of the industry

They are interested in it now because open world yes, also marketing with GRRM. The game has like a 8x bigger launch than any of their previous games which is crazy.

bruh gow and horizon sold several times more than bb

I keep seeing this, and then I see that ER is losing out to BotW launch aligned. And I know there's no damn way BotW hit over 10 million in over a week or so. So what the hell is going on with its sales? I know it's huge, and it should be huger than BotW, but all we have to go off is Famitsu numbers and steamspy guesstimates that has it over 10 million on pc alone.

Waifu pandering
George rr Martin's name slapped on

Memorable parts to meme like the no maidens and the embrace of the death whore

Then it's a giant stylized western rpg which there's a drought because only gooks can really make them

You forgot the main and most important part: there hasn't been a big, interesting release since Red Dead Redemption 2. People were absolutely fucking desperate for anything resembling a great release.

So you think its hard but you also dont want to admit it?

Cyberpunk...lol

>George rr Martin's name slapped on
As of anyone cares about that after the GOT finale.

Reading comprehension might be the hardest boss to overcome for fromdrones

riding off the major hype of R.R Martine when got was insanely popular, people were like oh cool a souls like game but when they seen it was being "written" by him people lost their minds

It's amazing how "take it with a grain of salt" became synonymous with "we're making shit out so don't get mad when it's revealed that we lied"

>George rr Martin's name slapped on
I guarantee nobody cares about this by the time the game came out

So did Cyberpunk. How good was that?

when the game was being developed got was at the peak, besides season 8 was a shitty fanfic with no ties to the source

cyberpunk was broken, mediocre garbage

nothing about it was exciting besides the marketing.

Hard to comprehend someone who is complaining about it being difficult while also saying its not difficult.

>normalfaggot NPCs devour snoyshit movie games by the ton
>more news at 11

Attached: so good.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

outplayed, should have seen it coming

I'm more worried about From becoming another open world meme developer. They aren't going to go back to making tightly designed and highly curated experiences like the previous games anymore. This is big fucking money and they aren't going to leave that on the table.

Shazam lost

"normies" know Game of Thrones, not Martin so much.

The series has just been a common fixture on twitch and word of mouth has spurred sales along over successive sequels. Dark Souls 3 sold 10 million, Sekiro won GOTY at the Game Awards, Elden Ring won most anticipated game. Its just a result of quality being rewarded with success.