This is the best gimmick boss Fromsoft has ever made. Fun as fuck

This is the best gimmick boss Fromsoft has ever made. Fun as fuck.

Attached: rykard-king-of-blasphemy-boss-elden-ring-wiki-guide.jpg (2878x2160, 496.97K)

Only because the gimmick weapon is actually fun this time. It sucks that you can't use the wind blade on R1/R2 attacks outside of this battle. I would be ok even with a shorter version of the blade.

Atheists look like that?

The way it works in the fight is obviously way too anime and over the top for the regular game but goddamn it makes me want something close to it.

I love his voice and the little pose he makes before the the fight starts

How do mages even beat this thing with the gimmick weapon with shit strength stats? Or do they not need the weapon at all?

even unupgraded the weapon does decent damage.
And it has 0/0 stat req so mages can use it.

They tend to have more fp so they can spam the weapon art which does big stagger to him

He's the only good lategame boss in the game.

Attached: 38-StormRulerWhatsThat.webm (600x338, 2.94M)

Fought him as a sorcerer and the weapon's damage was completely fine. I kinda assumed it didn't scale at all and the damage was always the same regardless of stats.

TOGEDDA

WE WILL DEVOUAH

VERY WELL

THA VERY GAWDS

>Comet Azur meme build
Opinion discarded

It would be if it wasn't for phase 2
>near 1 hit kill moves during a storm of ghost rider skulls
>getting love tapped by a skull in the middle of a swing is a death sentence
>so as soon as the phase starts you have to run away extremely far and hope that the mess of skunks your screen is now lets you see when an attack is coming

I can't tell if the VA phoned it in or the director is just a madlad and wanted Ryker to sound drunk

Sounds like a skill issue on your end.

what's fun about him?
you just spam attack with the NOT STORM RULER

I beat him like 5 tries in. It's just not fun

I beat him in 1 try and it was the most fun Ive had in the entire game. It's purely a skill issue on your end. It worked perfectly on my machine.

I loved Radahn's gimmick more.
Rykard was a bit too easy, but still really cool.

i think its so memorable because its actually that good the VA was fully into it and having fun

It's literally just Storm King again, what the hell are you talking about

It's storm king but executed way better.

here's what i don't get about magic players. all you're doing here is having the tank pull the boss and you sit on the other side and you set up your blm leylines and you press your rotation. it's literally an mmo.
is the appeal of souls not being up close and personal, fending off the enemy's attacks, getting a good hit in once you've done so? i just don't see how the way of playing in this webm could possibly be fun. the appeal of souls is that i'm the tank AND the dps so to speak. let me be up there. let me contend with the boss' attacks. mimic tear as a tank just completely ruins what the entire point of the combat design is to me. spirit ashes are in as a concession to players, not because using them is something that exposes all the greater the genius design of the enemy AI and moveset. in fact, using summons exposes just how poorly souls deals with anything that isn't 1v1 close and personal.

you only have to run from his Hellzone Grenade
and when you get to the other side of the arena, he can't hit you, even with his final slash

>Immortal
>Lives in manor
>Gets to snack on Tarnished
>Has loyal wife
>Even cute daughter
Pretty coold guy if you ask me

for one thing, it's an actual fight

Yeah but why does he sound like that

>way too anime and over the top for the regular game
Are you not aware of some of the very anime-style weapon arts / weapon designs in this game? This game is full of over the top stuff.

I just pumped it to +9 because I have a shitload of somber stones I haven't used and it was fine. Pure DEX build.

Yeah but the serpent spear takes it to a whole nother level, the weapon swings are gigantic

it's a gimmick fight
it does good damage regardless of stats
the only limitation is the weight requirement

Yes, it looks so COOL spending 30 seconds dodging attacks to MAYBE get a single fucking hit in.
Maybe if they didn't overtune the bosses and enemies in the later parts of the game I would actually find melee enjoyable, but right now its just way to fuck. IN the lategame especially every regular fucking enemy is some hyperarmor deathcombo machine that can 1shot you past 50 vig.

Attached: coolbossfight.webm (570x320, 2.94M)

>complete shitter runs magic build to compensate for his lack of skill, copes by saying he only did it because the bosses are "overtuned"

look, i agree with you. i find the latter half of the game's boss design to be dogshit bad as a melee player. it was less fun and more frustrating, unfair feeling. however. i still think bashing my head against that wall looks more fun than what the magic player is doing to rykard there. don't get me wrong. elden ring is still kind of mediocre overall, with all of the game taken into account. i'm just saying that if we're going to be playing a video game, we should probably play it in the way that best fits what the developer intended, what best brings out the goodness of the design therein, and so on. i want to give the developer the best possible chance to impress me. i'll play by their rules, or whatever i purport their rules to be.

and with souls, of course there's such a wide amount of ways to play that the rules barely exist. and maybe that's a problem too.

Fire Giant was kino as well