It's time to discuss the worst mmorpg ever made

It's time to discuss the worst mmorpg ever made

Attached: Runescape.png (1002x718, 282.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aC7eegwbDwE
youtube.com/watch?v=BJhF0L7pfo8
youtube.com/watch?v=xhNjuv7aGEo
youtu.be/x0sXxEEsE_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its not the worst but its boring as fuck especially today
>click enemy
>enemy dies
>click other enemy
>use a potion occasionally
>repeat until number you like goes up
how do people find this fun

Thats literally every game

its obviously not lmao
why are runetroons so delusional?

the fact that it had a real player driven economy without ANY automation was what made it good for a few years back in 2006.
This gave meaning to items and to gold. Grinding wasn't boring, it was work, you felt it had a purpose.
Trading was real, you had to use your EYES to look at what was being traded or you could get scammed.
You had to know the prices of things, there were no easy trading websites or w/e

Unfortunatelly, it was a different era alltogether and it cannot be properly explained. Nor will it ever come back.

IMO the appeal of RS has always been the quests, but the quality of those fell off around 2011

Attached: Elvarg.png (1884x1033, 1.87M)

The fun of RS was just playing with others and feeling like you're part of a world that's always getting bigger, everything else was just a catalyst for those aspects

This, easily best quests in the MMO genre

The soundtrack is also nice too
youtube.com/watch?v=aC7eegwbDwE

Attached: apu.png (251x201, 108.12K)

best*
youtube.com/watch?v=BJhF0L7pfo8

youtube.com/watch?v=xhNjuv7aGEo
>when the second half hits

Attached: j-alexander-legend-arts-adsdasasdassadsdx.jpg (1920x1267, 415.12K)

that's true
I ended up quitting pretty much immediately after I got my quest cape

Attached: 1642633821009.gif (240x340, 760.47K)

what were the quests like? was it really better than defeat 15 dire pomeranians?

Runescape quests have entire arcs around them. The earlier ones had quality dialogue and they had fun shit in them like going to an island of monkeys only to discover they are fully weaponized and their island is one of the most dangerous places in the game.

lmao monkeys kick ass

>how do people find this fun
do quests.

yeah, the grand exchange killed original 2007 scape, people just fail to see that. standing in a bank screaming "LOBBIES AND SWORDS 4 SALE" actually made the game feel alive, believe it or not. The GE is now slowly killing OSRS too, and it's even worse now that you can teleport anywhere worth going so the open world feels extremely empty and dead

This but with the achievement diary cape.
I then proceeded to bank all of my buyable 99s and realized that I now had zero use for money because I didn't want to spend hundreds of millions of GP on marginal upgrades. That realization alone made me quit the game for good after 16 years.

It was already bad 21 years ago when it was released, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call and Everquest were much better. It was only successful because it was browser based and required very low specs.

Every quest it’s it’s own unique story basically
This will give you an idea of the the variety. It’s RS3 footage but most of the stuff in this vid is in OSRS
youtu.be/x0sXxEEsE_s

Have you seriously never played Runescape? No there were basically no quests beyond a couple starting ones that were "kill 10 dogs". Quests were actually quests with multiple stages and played out like adventures putting you in novel situations.

pic unrelated?

Big dick energy on that rune 2 hander guy

Attached: runescape soul.jpg (1280x960, 104.73K)

rs is so much better than ffxiv or nuwow,

>It was only successful because it was browser based and required very low specs.
You're correct. Once they converted the engine to the C++ downloadable client with better graphics, they removed the one unique thing the game had going for it, which then ostracized the bulk of the community that kept the game going which formerly consisted of a lot of low income parents and their children. The game is soulless now, with most players doing nothing but grinding bosses for new bis gear so they can grind bosses for new bis gear and so on, and farming gold for bonds, and advising new players to do XYZ to max out their combat skills in a month so they can join them, all the while running around in extremely gaudy cosmetics they paid real money for.

Each region has its own questline that helps introduce new mechanics to the player with many of them interlocking or weaving in on each other

Attached: RFD flowchart.png (4000x2500, 30.79K)

game's so trash it amazes me how popular it was in america seeing as how ultima online already had done it better

Ultima Online cost money though, and RS was the poor man's (and child's) arena.

I wish mmos and quests in general were more like runescapes.
They are fun little stories in themselves that are fit into the runescape lore etc.
Its so much better than kill 10 badmans and then return.