Elden ring is a dark and gritty worl-

>Elden ring is a dark and gritty worl-

Attached: safetydance.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchical_proportion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

-ouls

Sovl

Attached: Tarnished and Melina.jpg (3840x2160, 3.28M)

>Japanese humor
Seriously though I loved the windmill villages

Was it a reference to Midsommar?

Attached: 1646938942933.png (239x354, 153.49K)

Yeah it looks nice, but then you add in the audio of their creepy as fuck laughter and it puts you on edge.

They are just happy =)

YOUR OWN PERSONAL JESUS

Attached: mu.jpg (584x512, 34.86K)

I mean they did that same shit in bloodborne with the witches

>he doesnt have the the fancy spin gesture
pathetic

REACH OUT AND TOUCH GRACE

Why couldn't there be ONE single town, village, outpost, castle or tavern in the overworld that was friendly? There was always some stupid fucking copout reason to why a place is hostile
>Oh nooooooooooo this village is ailing from le flame madness!
>oh nooooooooo this one village just got raided by demihumans!
>oh nooooooooo this village has everybody just heccin cray-cray!

Attached: 1644905927549m.jpg (761x1024, 69.93K)

This zone makes me sad because I thought its boss was one of the coolest in the game, then he got ruined for me by appearing three more times, including two ganks

You could say the roundtable or Volcano Manor or Ranni's crew. It's just never been a thing in From games.

pick up the rune i'll make you a troon

SOMEONE TO HEAR YOUR PRAYERS
SOMEONE WHO CARES

Because then they would have to write characters that do more than mumble and repeat two lines.
I never understood how people found From games comfy.

I was really expecting Jarburg to be friendly

I don't get why there was so much overworld space in Altus dedicated to windmills when there wasn't anything to do at most of them and it featured just a rehash boss from Caelid.

Looks like you play as a manlet in this game. The world of manlets is a dark and gritty one

Christ I fucking hate w*men.

Many such cases with From

Attached: 1623241117805.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

>make humanoids 10 feet tall
>makes me uncomfortable every time
does only japan do this?

There is literally a ghost 10 feet away from them saying "Please don't skin me"

comfy for us introverts where 2 mumbled sentences is already too draining an interaction
the complete lack of music and dialogue and just being alone with yourself is nice
adding ambient music was the biggest mistake ER made

Makes me sympathize with manlets...

Kys aspie

I know a ton of homeless camps and black neighborhoods that can give you a similar experience. Complete with someone trying to stab you two feet away from your campfire. Want some addresses?

Why is the player character so small?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchical_proportion

Miyazaki is a western art fan. Elden Ring is full of Mannerist influence.

Where I find frens?

>went to jar village
>nobody was hostile
>jars were frolicking in the flowers
It was pretty cute

That's never stopped Bethesda from writing NPCs with one line of dialogue

You can't even see the fucking Round Table it's a warp zone, Volcano manor is surrounded by puppets and virgin takers, and Ranni's rise is after a gauntlet of a fucking death castle AND a dragon. Any place of normalcy you'd expect to be somewhere in Altus Plateau. They made a super comfy Westfall looking windmill farming village for what? Generic le cray cray humanoids and corpse loot items on top of roofs and at the end is a recyled boss. This game was probably meant to have much more before it was hastily deleted and reworked as just Dark Souls 3.5.

Attached: 1643267177715.jpg (1013x1013, 165.96K)

No frens
This game is 2sad4u and sooo artistic
Be sad >:(

The game is about suffering and challenges. Being a manlet is the ultimate hard mode.

Boy that was not my experience with Jarburg

This
I suspect the game was supposed to feature a world that felt lived in and interesting. Imagine going out to the dangerous ruins and wilds but being able to come back to a safe, warm, cozy village.

Instead they sectioned off what little they made in that regard to a warp area and the rest of the world is just fantasy Detroit.

Interesting stuff, and is actually a large part of the lords/gods/giant races.
In many interviews from soft devs mention that they keep the player character shorter than most enemies you face as it creates a clearer image for the player. If the player character was taller their body would be blocking more of the camera.

You can literally just walk around Caria Manor

feeling astonished
and you're tarnished
hurt and disgraced
by the lost grace
follow the trail
with your maiden you won't fail

I'm already a manlet irl why do I have to be a manlet in fiction ffs

lol