Elden Ring may suck, but at least we got a lot more anti open world chads out of it

Elden Ring may suck, but at least we got a lot more anti open world chads out of it.

Bad genre down to its very core. And yes, that includes the overrated old titles that you think we don't know about.

Attached: 1646039225021.jpg (1280x720, 89.22K)

I doubt... you could even imagine it.
>See a bunch of Skeletons guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Poisonbloom in that corpse.
That which commanded the stars.
>See a bunch of Poison Mushrooms guarding a corpse, kill them and find an Arteria Leaf in that corpse.
Giving life... its fullest brilliance.
>Go up a remote cliffside and see a clever drop with a hidden corpse next to a firecamp, find a Turtle Neck Meat in that corpse.
THE ELDEN RING!!!
>See a bunch of Bats guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Golden Rune (1) in that corpse. Exact same thing happens less than 5 minutes later.
OOOOOHHHHH, ELDEN RING!!!
>See a bunch of Highwaymen guarding a chest, kill them and find 5 Mushrooms in that chest.
Shattered...
>See a bunch of Wolves guarding two corpses, kill them and find a Glowstone and a Golden Rune (1) in those corpses.
By someone...
>See a Giant Miranda Flower and a bunch of small Miranda Flowers guarding two corpses, kill them and find an Immunizing Cured Meat and a Golden Rune (2) in those corpses.
Or something...
>See a bunch of Demi-Humans guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Hefty Beast Bone in that corpse.
Don't tell me... you don't see it...
>See a bunch of Demi-Humans guarding a corpse, kill them and find Crab Eggs in that corpse.
LOOK UP AT THE SKY!
>See a Big Land Octopus and a bunch of small Land Octopuses guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Golden Rune (1) in that corpse.
It burns...

based

What's wrong with open world, again?

Every time, without fail, there's a ton of padding in it, which means 30% to 80% of the gigantic map is just there to waste your time.

some people dont like open world games but the problem is they will keep yelling it down your throat. its the same people everyday with the same complaints. they are trying to force their opinions on others.

Kinda the opposite. I hate open worlds but elden ring made me see it can be good.

Open world really did ruin the formula.

One Arterial Leaf and Turtle Neck Meat has been deposited in your inventory.

Attached: 56f8wj31yeq61.jpg (1288x312, 74.94K)

If people making threads to shit on Elden Ring is yelling an opinion down your throat, then how is that any different from the Elden Ring hype threads? Aside from you agreeing with one and disagreeing with the other, that is?

open world is so bad right guise xd fuck ubisoft omg i hate ui in games

>Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne are lauded for its incredible atmosphere and sense of exploration
>Elden Ring is supposed to be impressive for achieving the same thing by virtue of adding more walking between nothing and copy pasted enemies to achieve it

Open world apologists are the ones that love bringing up Ubisoft. I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen
>THIS GAME DOESN'T HAVE UBISOFT TOWERS, SO THE PADDING IS MAGICALLY WORTHWHILE
As an argument.
Ubisoft is the scapegoat of open world tards. It's just those disgusting Ubisofts that make bad open worlds. Ours are totally different.
Except, in any meaningful sense, they aren't.

It could've been good but they just got too lazy. Too many same monsters with just higher stats. Also there is a serious problem in the game where you do things in the "wrong order" and end up triviliazing many of the bosses just because you explored too much and gained power through that.

No, the problem with Elden Ring is that the format change lays bare the issues with the Dark Souls gameplay formula. Samey battles in a quick and snappy game is tolerable, but samey battles over a bigger game with nothing else in between gets old.

>Open World
>stealth kills
>gathering flowers
>crafting
>83 bosses

Anyone wanna add more red flags?

Attached: d91 (1).jpg (999x999, 174.82K)

The battles, when you weren't fighting the same exact enemies you already beat 70 times, were fun, though.

hype threads talk about the game, people are playing it and they will talk about what is happening.
inside those threads you will read the same posts of the same people everyday complaining about the same thing.

after the time passes, its a new day, the same people log into Any Forums go to elden ring thread or create their own ones and complain again the same things over and over.

its one thing to have a hype thread to talk about the game and your progress, what you find etc etc
and its another one to keep shoving your opinion about it everyday down people throat. that happens because those people want others to agree with them, they are trying to force their opinion on the community hoping that some will see their perspective and join them in this crusade or whatever they are doing.
idk what is their purpose since nothing they say influences anything in the big picture but it gets annoying when you have these people derail every genuine elden ring thread.

im sure its no more than 20 person.

Ah, Shazam, Shazam. I told you this game was gonna be a critical and commercial success. That's how the open world cancer always spreads unopposed. Why didn't you listen? Cyberpunk 2077 was a fluke, and even then it only failed because it had a million bugs. If Cyberpunk 2077 came out and it barely had any bugs, people would have ate that shit up. Not to mention it still ended up being a decent success, just not as big as anticipated.

>Watching public opinion gradually turn on Elden Ring as more retards actually play it beyond Limgrave and especially Leyndell
The Shazamtrannies crying that the issue was that it was basically DS4 were wrong, as usual, but it actually is a junk fucking game with horrible encounter design and worse reuse of boring content than most MMOs

Attached: 1636564463047.gif (180x175, 1.41M)

>what you find etc etc
Ok, let's switch things up, then.

I found Godrick in this game. As a normal fucking enemy. Because that's how desperate they were to pad this game out.

Because it's all they do. They don't contain themselves to their own threads about what they dislike, they divulge their opinion in threads where people are actively excited about the game. It's not that they have a differing opinion, it's that they feel their opinion is the only one that matters and must be said regardless of thread context.

>Remove open world which means removing every other problem that comes with that such as the reused bosses and dungeons
>More armor variety earlier instead of just getting good shit during late game
>Nerf enemy damage late game so they don't fucking kill you in two hits even with 40 vigor
Now it's perfect

Shazam won. Look around you, can you really believe all these people are just salty shitposters? Any Forums hates Elden Ring, and rightfully so! It's the biggest train wreck of a video game since the Tortanic.

I don't like open world games. RDR was the only open world game I completed 100%. Every other game I eventually stop playing. Witcher 3 I did an absolute ton of, but even it's open world, was too much to complete 100%.

With Elden Ring, after exploring a lot of the map, it's actually pretty small and not overbearing to know the world in it's entirety just like how I know the Link to the Past map like the back of my hand. So I don't personally feel Elden Ring's world is too large, too padded, or gigantic. What you said typically applies to every other open world game, but not Elden Ring.