Just finished this and Youngblood, is it safe to say the franchise is dead?

Just finished this and Youngblood, is it safe to say the franchise is dead?
Also why the FUCK does a Wolfenstein game has like 2 hours of cutscenes?

Attached: 65.jpg (460x215, 32.19K)

What a fucking pleb

Wolfenstein will always be goat

youngblood sucks though

Attached: MV5BMDU1NDY4NDItODZiMy00MDUwLWE4ODgtMzdlODNkYjI2YjBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU3MzI1NzI@._V1_.jpg (946x532, 114.96K)

I'll never understand how they decided that a Wolfenstein game of all things should be like 40% cutscenes. All story should do is faciliate the "where and why" for the gameplay taking place, not try to be some Taratino flick.

Attached: 1609306696736.png (765x574, 376.9K)

>tfw had more fun with Youngblood than with 2

Attached: Goku.gif (500x281, 1.97M)

Not dead, but close. It's a horrible spot to be in when you know the next game will probably be shit and it might kill the series for good before a new, competent developer can take over. Add on top of that the fatigue of the last two games being disappointing, it makes it that I'd rather Wolfenstein go into hiatus for at least another few more years and just quietly drop the new series altogether. Having fatigue for a series is one thing, but the games also being bad is a death sentence. The storyline is completely fucked, and any of the emotional impact of killing Hitler or the future of Blazkowicz's family is already ruined because of Youngblood's writing.

The only thing that might save it is id Software taking the reigns again after they reboot Quake.

Attached: 1628003674135.png (828x676, 591.8K)

>story in a video game
>story in an FPS game
>story in a Wolfenstein game
>story where the resistance is more unlikeable than the Nazis
>story where the protagonist sulks for the entire game
>story where shit happens that makes you roll your eyes in the same series where there's zombies, tesla monsters, super soldiers, mystical powers, and resurrected warlords
The tragedy of it all is that the actual gameplay itself in New Colossus is phenomenal, minus the uninspired level design of course. It's just completely forgotten in a sea of awful plot points that make no sense, with characters you're meant to root for at face value despite being worse than boring - you end up flat out hating them. There's no fun in playing Wolfenstein II. There's all this buildup to a final encounter with Frau Engel, and you take her out in a cutscene? What the fuck.

Attached: 000.png (1024x576, 385.4K)

I'll just mirror what everyone else has laid out and conclude that MachineGames flat out, fundamentally has no idea how to make a good Wolfenstein game anymore. New Order and Old Blood were all-time great, Hall of Fame FPS games, especially New Order, but the success obviously got to their heads and confused them about why they were so well-received. They doubled down on the flaws of the first two rather than what worked so well. Other than graphics and lighting, everything else that matters is a step back, especially the fucking story.

I want a reboot and expansion of the RTCW timeline, multiplayer included. Make it entirely gameplay focused with diverse environments and lots of Nazis, zombies, and robots to shoot, gold to collect, and objectives to complete. Still, have it be a globetrotting adventure like Nu-Wolfenstein was about that keeps raising the stakes. I want to fight Nazis in Japan, Africa, America, Europe, on the Moon, on Venus, in different timelines, in different universes, in different dimensions, wherever and whenever. That's what this series is about, and it makes me excited to even type it out. Get back to the soul of what a Wolfenstein game is - one glass cannon of a man with big ass guns being sent into enemy territory and taking down a cartoonishly reckless and evil version of the Third Reich against all odds. Have him start out humbly as a spy that just trying to survive and escape a castle in the mountains, and have it end with him taking down top generals, Nazi Ninjas, robotic monstrosities, occult demons from other dimensions, and eventually Mecha Hitler himself.

Or, you know, just double down on the woke shit I guess..

Attached: 359377-wolfenstein-251x588.jpg (251x588, 15.73K)

Is there any news about the 3rd game yet, or did they scrap it to work on Indiana Jones?

With how polarized America has gotten in the last 7 years, there's no way to make a fun game about Nazis anymore. If you're not constantly telling the audience about how white supremacism and Nazism is bad, as well as other BAD things like fat shaming (Sigrun) animal abuse (BJ's Dad), and homophobia (BJ's Dad) are BAD, then it won't be greenlit. Normies don't want gameplay, they want to feel good about themselves.

ET remake when?

Attached: _var_www_splatterladder_root.forum.splatterladder.com_uploads_gallery_med_gallery_9164_314_963858.jpg (750x600, 90.41K)

Pretty much dead if they don't retcon at least Youngblood and it's timeskip.

New Order was so good. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Attached: 1530653159_wolfenstein helmet.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Old Blood was way better for me
I liked the less cutscened and focus on setpieces but the stealth intro is aids

they need to bring back the zombies

Old Blood felt more like Wolfenstein to me too, so I agree. I don't know what they were thinking with the early prison stealth section either, though. The rest of the game was pure kino and you just go into a flow state where you don't want to put it down. To think that game and New Colossus was 2 years apart will never not blow my mind.

Attached: 35878929973_1f377739a1_k.jpg (1920x1080, 333.17K)

this. new order is an exceptional game, a highlight of a decade even. i feel like old blood love is some sort of contrarianism to be honest.

>i feel like old blood love is some sort of contrarianism to be honest.
????????????????
You can like both games

I slightly preferred Old Blood, but I do agree it's way over the top for the sake of contrarianism. If you liked Old Blood, you should've liked New Order too at least.

Attached: 7_deadly_sins__gluttony__by_ardathlilitu_ddm3if0-fullview.jpg (1024x1090, 158.84K)

New Order
>better weapons
>better villains
>better story
>better perks
Old Blood
>better pacing
>better environments
>better atmosphere

It all depends on what you value most. I feel like New Order had higher highs and lower lows while Old Blood was more consistent for longer. New Order had the emotional impact that Old Blood didn't, but if you don't care about story that much, then Old Blood was a better quality experience, especially for the price.

Attached: attack_of_the_wolfenstein_by_dr_dash_dbds9hf-pre.jpg (1192x670, 140.22K)

This thread has me hankering to go replay New Order now.

Get psyched!

Attached: 1643163868844.jpg (300x496, 39.08K)

Esl