Yes, yes, well done Elden Ring, well done Elden Ring

Yes, yes, well done Elden Ring, well done Elden Ring
HOWEVER

Attached: 1645405329982.jpg (4000x4000, 1.61M)

Boring movie game

Honestly I don't see any other open world game competing. The genre just got reset. Everything now starts at elden ring. Skyrim in space just won't cut it.

a nioh ring thread died for this

So is this going to be like No Man's Sky?

Gamers have forgotten how powerful Todd Howard is.

Attached: aVq3wQK_7002b.jpg (700x355, 204.95K)

Bethesda games are literally the opposite of movie game design. They are a unique subset of open world that emphasises sandbox gameplay with a silent protagonist and brilliant environmental storytelling. No game has been able to replicate the Bethesda feel despite being some of the best selling games of all time.

I'm not overly keen on Bethesda but I really, really hope they've pulled their finger out and this is their redemption arc
their image is at an all-time low, so this could be a Morrowind type situation for them
going in expecting dumbed down everything though, retarded writing, bugs etc

Attached: 2001 a space odyssey.jpg (1920x2016, 1M)

We've seen how weak he is. He can't make games that captivate anyone any longer. Last games with his name on it was fo76 and fo4. Forgotten about these days. Skyrim will be his legacy because he's now irrelevant.

>Everything now starts at elden ring
You're severely overestimating the influence elden ring will have.
>Skyrim in space just won't cut it.
Until any other dev is able to replicate the feel of
their games, they will always be relevant.

I hope it's good but the fact that they haven't shown anything doesn't fill me with confidence

a bunch of concept art?

Fallout 76 doesn't really count as it was a side project by the other studio forced by higher ups to have a live service game. Quickly whipped up with F4 assets and pushed out the gate before the acquisition to drive up their perceived value. Todds name was slapped on for validation.

Fallout 4 on the other hand was the worst BGS game but it still sold like 15 mill copies. So I would hardly say it failed to captivate anyone.

9.7/100 scores happen once a decade. This is a paradigm shift. 8/10s last year will now be at best 6.5/10s. BOTW? 7.7/10. Microsoft studios' bethesda gameworks simply haven't got it in them to compete. They're still making 360 class games.

After Skyrim's neutered quest design and failure to improve combat...

After Fallout 4's shitty voiced protagonist and again subpar writing...

Yeah bro. Star field is Bethesda's last chance to prove they are not shitters

>but the fact that they haven't shown anything doesn't fill me with confidence
This is par for the course for bethesda. Since Fallout 4 every game has had a short reveal and then release cycle. Todd has expressed wanting to make it ever shorter as well. It's not something I would worry about.

Fallout 4 had in-game visuals right in its announce trailer, Starfield still hasn't shown anything but prerendered stuff

Elden Ring is just open world Dark Souls and isn't even as good as Skyrim

Starfield is Skyrim in Space and will let the player fly around in a spaceship exploring

Get ready for Todd's next game of the generation

Attached: 1622055968335.jpg (1350x1080, 130.21K)

>muh writing
Elden Ring has no writing at all
Who cares about writing?

The teaser last year was in-game

Attached: sm5s7a2s03571.jpg (1280x720, 179.06K)

So did starfield. They both had in-engine footage. Creation 2 just looks good.

I don't think you understand why dark souls was such a big deal, culminating in elden ring becoming the best selling game of the past 2 years. It was always better than skyrim. It's why bethesda is now konami tier, subsiding solely on ports of their 10 year old game. A game people don't even remember anything about, or why they liked it in the first place.

Ignore the paradigm shift at your own peril. At least spacerim will have good UX.

>writing
read a fucking book

Go away todd, in-engine and in-game are different things

>9.7/100
but yes there are instances where some games gradually downgrade now that there are better and more refined games out

To be fair, you have no idea what they are making with Starfield. The best thing I can say about bgs is they try atleast 1 new pivotal mechanic or system every game. We haven't seen what that will be in Starfield, it might be something great. Regardless, it's already a better game than elden ring in my eyes because I know i'll be able to make it a modding coomer heaven in a matter of months.

imagine giving bethesda your money again after them rereleasing Skyrim 8 times and completely fumbling Fallout 76.