When did you realize FFXII is actually the best mainline FF game?

When did you realize FFXII is actually the best mainline FF game?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_FinalFantasyXIITheZodiacAge_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 397.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pe07eH0lmCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When I played Xenoblade, the superior version of FF12.

It isn't

You mean the other way around, right?

>Literally unfinished game fucked by executives vs wholly realized original work.
No, I meant what I said. Xenoblade > FF12

When I saw other RPGs copy it half-assedly

On opposite day.

When it released.

Around the time I fought the big turtle hunt and I realized the game wanted me to get good instead of over leveling it

right away without having playing the others. my opinion didn't change even after doing it.

>When did you realize FFXII is actually the best mainline FF game?
October 31st, 2006. But no one listens.

How come no other game since has bothered to use the gambit system when it works so much better than anything else

13 and 13-2 combat system is a diluted version of it. And because the gambit system is basically a bandaid for how boring normal turn based combat is. So instead of doing half measures for it like the gambit system you might as well just make it full action like XV

Best aesthetic of any FF game.

Attached: 1589090809.jpg (1263x1786, 707.25K)

But xv combat was an absolute disgusting dumpster fire

The game could have been amazing had it achieved its vision by matsuno, but as it is it's bland

I view FF12 to be xenoblade minus the joy

Nah. It was fine though, shame about the wasted potential.
Super comfy OST too, great to churn out assignments to.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pe07eH0lmCA

Attached: reins of history.png (1600x900, 1.04M)

Its not, it wasted most of its potential and while bolting the job system on a few years later did a lot to help it still wasn't enough to save it. I can see what they were getting at, but what we got just wasn't very good.

it isn't. you can see right when the production problems started when you go to the desert and it becomes a boring MMO with practically no story and stupid shit like not opening specific treasure chests

>and stupid shit like not opening specific treasure chests
you have to remember selling strategy guides was an important part of the RPG business circa 2006

I want to marry Fran

Attached: 1290576.jpg (1780x2000, 3.66M)

When I played the others and realized most of this franchise is hype marketing and brand recognition to people who refuse to try better games because they're less known.
Balthier is so cool.

Attached: 1601315932952.jpg (400x360, 41.02K)

I was very disappointed when macros in FFXIV don't work as well as gambits. Would have made the game more fun to play instead of worrying about dropping gcds and shit all the time.

>sky pirate
>doesn't do any piracy
>in fact a rich kid running from home
>comes a taxi driver for Ashe
>doesn't do any cool spy shit when he has the chance
>doesn't do any cool magitek shit like his dad

He had so much potential, but he turned out pretty bland.

Which is why they developed the 7R system which is much more an evolution of 13’s battles with more action focus

>mainline
it's all fanfiction without Sakaguchi