Valkyrie Elysium

>Mogged by a 16 years old game

Attached: 1625294349238.png (1261x1424, 3.96M)

Why even dig up its corpse if they were just going to bastardize it? It's not like Valkyrie Profile has huge name pull in the year 2022. Should've just made a new IP./

Attached: 1628112639896.gif (249x311, 3.54M)

I still buy this new Valkyrie game

Only first one was good.

VP is a masterpiece, Silmeria is still a good game with a great battle system.

Attached: 1643910316198.jpg (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Just the fact that Squeenix is still showing somewhat interest in the IP makes me happy, but it does look very cheap and low effort, not something you present to an older fanbase that has been waiting since Silmeria.

Here you go, fixed it.

Attached: 1631165177167.png (1261x1424, 3.46M)

what is with modern games and gray filters? will we ever escape it like we did with brown filters?

I think it's a easy way to blend things together.
Of course, since it's a cheap way to do it (instead of having a good art director who can handle everything), it looks like absolute shit.

won't even be the best Valkyrie game this decade

Attached: Ricca's Game.jpg (1280x720, 148.53K)

But this game has our old friend, Brown Filter in it. I'm almost certain the first game costed more to produce than this.

Attached: 164716111.jpg (1920x1080, 576.94K)

>Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
I have tried so fucking hard to like this game and I just don't get it. Every fight is just "dodge behind the enemy, mash all the buttons, get hit by them, AP resets to full, rinse and repeat." I can't see the challenge or the depth. Can someone explain?

Valkyrie Profile is one of my favorite games of all time. I dropped Valkyrie Profile 2 after a few hours when it was clear it was a traditional JRPG with a traditional JRPG structure instead of the unique chapter and time limit system.
Never bothered with Covenant of the Plume and Elysium looks like a shovelware ripoff of Drakengard 3 (which is a weak game on itself).

It's fine. No matter how bad the new games get, they won't magically delete the original out of existence.

I have the theory this was supposed to be some kind of drakengard 3 remake

Even "Lenneth"s armor looks like ass

What are those ''black lines'' around the character?

>shovelware ripoff of Drakengard 3
Holy shit I knew it reminded me of something.

Based

I enjoyed Covenant. From what I remember, the game was really challenging, but fun.

The result of cel shading, the edge texture composites with the colour texture resulting in a black border.

lineart looks so shit when the artstyle is this detailed

You know what else depresses me besides the fact that we will never get an actual Valkyrie Profile sequel or at least a proper spiritual successor? The fact that we're getting a shitty action game too.
As much as I liked DMC5, the Soulsborne games and the Nioh games, I wish someone else released good action games or good action RPG games too.

Attached: 1646696587638.jpg (1280x720, 144.18K)