DPAD

Why the fuck is it so hard to make a good Dpad?

Jesus fuck the PS5 controller (new one that came last week) and the Xbox series x controller are fucking TERRIBLE with the Dpad.
Is the switch pro controller a better Dpad?

Attached: 20220310_092925.jpg (2319x1304, 1.82M)

The series x is currently better than switch pro and ps5 dpads
I actually got a custom dpad shell for my joy cons and I like it a lot, worth considering if this is that big of a deal for you.
Or just go 3rd party

Switch pro sucks too. Played aria of sorrow on it and constantly got turned around

What about this controller?

Attached: 61+eTBbmtWL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 107.48K)

>Is the switch pro controller a better Dpad?
Lol
Nintendo hasn't made a good dpad since erhe DS Phat.

>third party shit
>ever

Attached: 1640737827774.jpg (361x402, 46.91K)

>DS Phat.
>mfw I had the mariokart one

so fucking good.

DualSense d-pad is great. A segmented d-pad feels much worse and doesn't matter for 99% of games

Last good dpad was on the Saturn, nothing ever came close since then.

the fuck outta here with that shit

I remember buying that reprint of the saturn pad and hating it so much it's so damn disgusting with the way it pivots in the center and nothing else

>I remember buying that reprint
Retard

Xbox Elite 2's Dpad is worse than the normal Xbox Series controller's. It's swappable with a circular pad, but this comes at the cost of making it really clicky. Sucks for actually using it for movement in 2D games.

just get a hitbox. can't get better than arcade buttons for 2d games

While I do like the Series X controller dpad over the DualSense, both are way better than the dogshit Switch Pro Controller dpad. That’s probably the worst dpad Nintendo ever made.

The later revisions of the retrobit Saturn controller finally fixed the shitty dpad the initial batch had. Contact Retrobit and they’ll ship you a replacement. I had to do it twice to get a good controller but that was years ago when they addressed the issue.

>I had to do it twice

twice?

I like it a lot.
Buttons are tasty and clicky and works everywhere.

Retrobit sent me a replacement Saturn pad with fixed dpad, but it was just as bad and the C button felt off. They sent another and it was great, close enough to the original Sega controller. That was well over 2 years ago so I think whatever brand new Retrobit Saturn controller you buy now will have these fixes. If yours is older consider contacting them about a replacement.

How does the retrobit stack up against a real saturn controller? I agree, Saturn is the greatest dpad ever made, and it's the reason I keep my saturn hooked up to play my shootemups like Kingdom Grandprix. Also worth noting, vita dpad is very good, I remember liking my xperia play too and being great at fighters on it, but nothing touches Saturn

Why are new console accessories such dogshit? My Pro Controller started drifting after a singe Dark Souls 2 playthrough, and I had to return my DualSense 3 times until I finally got one without loose triggers or loud/stiff analogs. Compare that to computer peripherals such as my fucking 8-year-old Logitech G600 still in perfect condition, or my office keyboard that I don't even know how old it ts.
Even my original DS2, which is notorious for having unreliable face buttons, lasted for the whole generation, same for my original GameCube controller.
>ESL
don't care

Attached: ss.jpg (1440x1800, 117.76K)

I've head the retrobit feels like a snes controller an I have an ibuffalo which I love very much for 2d games, but it's not good for shooters I can tell you that much. Saturn is better for shmups for sure since it rolls nicely. but I'd reccomend a good analog for shmups, I can't imagine playing ikaruga with a dpad.

What the fuck are you talking about, dualsense D-Pad is pretty great.
The only downside is if you play fighting autism games then sometimes you can input left/right when pushing up/down to the sides and if that bothers you, you can just do the tactile split d-pad mod. The split tactile buttons are $10 and disassembly takes 10 minutes, no one with IQ higher than 80 has an excuse not to do it if the stock D-Pad bothers them.

>you can just do the tactile split d-pad mod. The split tactile buttons are $10 and disassembly takes 10 minutes

teach me your ways user. did you do it?

>I'd reccomend a good analog for shmups, I can't imagine playing ikaruga with a dpad.
are you fucking with me?