Silent Hill

Will it ever come back as an actual survival horror game? If at all?

Attached: Silent_Hill_video_game_cover.png (220x220, 80.38K)

Konami just does compilations and pachinko now.

I hope not. The series track record has been in the dumps for almost 20 years now. If some developer tries to make a new SH game, they better be fucking proven beforehand. I'm tired of Konami giving the series to people that never made a good horror game before.

isn't the govt cracking down on pachinko?

Attached: cfe.png (250x282, 76.1K)

It's a dead franchise and every game after the first was a total flop. There's no incentive for anyone to revive it.

1st of all konami needs to sell the IP and if not Silent hill is lost forever because if konami does die they will sell the IP and no new fag generation would know what silent hill is

I loved this game as a kid and still replay it from time to time emulated. For it's sake, I hope it's never touched, just like the Legacy of Kain

Attached: 1641797959082.gif (500x500, 1.14M)

You didn't even like 2? It's one of the greats even as a standalone from the series

Downpour had problems, but I liked it. It had some VERY good moments just not the monster variety to back it up. It was probably the first time in a video game, since I played the first one, where there was a part that I was hesitant to continue.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68.97K)

Nigga SH2 is 21 years old.
But the whole point he was made obviously was that the last good SH game came out when Team-Silent was in the reign, and very soon it's been two decades since they were disbanded and the IP got whored to random hacks in the West.

>It had some VERY good moments.
Yeah, no fucking way.
Downpoor is THE absolutely most embarrassing piece of shit title in the entire franchise. There's not a single redeeming factor in that colossal pile of wet feces.
I can give a few pity points to Homocoming, but none to DP.

Yakuza boomers are hard to pynish

user, silent hill was never an actual survival horror because there's so much ammo in those games that you can easilly kill every single enemy you encounter. Sh3 is the exception but melle weapons are so powerful it doesn't really matter, you're still a doom fucking marine.

>Yeah, no fucking way.
Your favorite youtuber told you it was shit, so you can't coherently discuss good ideas contained in games you didn't like? Did you even play it?

>give a few pity points to Homocoming
>You can fight the enemies and be pyramid head!!1!

Yeah, you have no taste in horror

Word is konami is selling its gaming ip, sony or microsoft will probably pick it up.

Yes, the IP is to popular to be left alone. They'll come up with a shitty sequel and spoil the franchise some me.

agreed. sh1 & 2 are primarily narrative driven games that happen to be scary. sh 3 is pretty pure survival horror and is the turning point for the franchise where it started turning into shit.

It's old so it's bad? What's your argument?

Wait, isn't bloober team making a new sh game?

Most likely. I wouldn't expect much from it.

Fair points, I'd still love to see a new game the harkens back to the original gameplay

Sh3 is my favorite game in the franchise but I'm fucking old and it was one of my formative gaming expiriences. I must have beat it like 10 times. Love this game so much.