What is going on with Babylon's Fall

I was going into this game with a friend curious after it's horrendous reviews, expecting an interesting trainwreck similar to Balan Wonderworld since it got the same reception.
Like what the fuck is happening here. This is NOT a bad game let alone a fucking Balan tier one. I mean I can't be this out of touch with reality.

Fucking everthing about this game is fine. The combat (a more complex version of NierA's with some unique ideas), the challenge (much better balanced than NierA), the graphics (similar to NierA's), the amount of content it has, it' not buggy, doesn't seem to have frame drops even with 4 players and many enemies on screen, the netcode seem fine, the monetization is pretty ignorable.

Nothing about the game stands out too much but I guess it still fills a niché with being the only coop character action game, and I found nothing about the game actually broken or bad aside from maybe the undercooked story, still how the fuck is this game getting mostly 4 and 2/10 reviews even from critics? That' fucking Ride to Hell Retribution level ratings. What the hell is going on? Is this caused by Elden Ring comparions?

Attached: bf.png (692x379, 60.62K)

another live service game that doesnt live up to the hype
its also not in good state at launch

>hype
what?

Everyone hates GaaS.

A 70$ game with a F2P monetization model, full of filler and padding to keep you playing and paying for a long time.

not him, but people actually look forward to platinum games. they make good stuff. this is not good stuff. so I imagine a lot of people are kinda upset about that.

it's 60$ and I do think it also having a battle pass is bullshit, but I still don't think this should drag down the game's score this much. It's pretty ignorable

there was no hype for this game even when some people still falsely believed that it is going to be a single player game. After they revealed that it's going to be coop multiplayer and will have a live service model the game had massive negative hype

Any hype died after that abysmal E3 showing. The game looked super generic after that and like it was ported from a phone.

didn't expect to see such a blatant attempt at damage control like this, props OP

I literally didn't hear of this game until a few days ago when people talked about how much it bombed. It was completely unhyped.

Must be nice never having an opinion that differs from the hivenind's, user

I think i might have a sixth sense bros because the second this game was announced i knew to inmediately disregard it as boring trash
This has happened to me multiple times now

i'll give it a try if i can snag it for 15 euros or less, just for you OP

Platinum hasn't been good for almost a decade.
>but Astral Chain
Astral Chain was mid at best I'm sorry but you have to cope.

It's called high IQ. You have good subconscious pattern recognition.

>implying the jena bossfight wasnt 10/10 kino

Delusional platinumbot

It wasn't no Senator Armstrong bossfight I'll tell you that for free.

>It's another Capcomfags realizing they've been worshipping a hack episode

None of the aspects you mentioned to be better than Automata are. I would call you a shill, but considering that poor comparison a shill would never make you are just a retard with terrible taste

>mid
dumb zoomer using dumb zoomerspeak. They're consistently been making good games with two or three exceptions (Korra, TMNT, Babylon).

There is free demo on ps (not sure about pc). I don't really recommend buying it
even for cheap unless you have a friend to play with. The whole "selling point" of the game is coop, but you will rarely find other players to play with

Maybe wait for a f2p version, but with how badly the game is performing I wouldn't be surprised if SE pulls the plug before even attempting with a f2p version

Is Automata the only action game you've ever played? No eonder you like Babylon's Fall.
I personally refuse to play it because I don't play games as a service games.

wouldn't proper scaling fix a lot of it?

GaaS games instantly put me into caution mode. There are very, very few that are actually worth dealing with all the monetization bullshit