Bloody sign saying "Cut off their limbs"

>bloody sign saying "Cut off their limbs"
>call from NPC saying to cut off their limbs
>audio log saying to cut off their limbs
>tutorial message saying to cut off their limbs
>another audio log saying to cut off their limbs
>all within 5 minutes
Was this really necessary?

Attached: Dead-Space-Cut-Off-Their-Limbs.png (900x563, 618.5K)

this game was designed primarily for the console audience

Well, i didn't get why they made Video log for using kinesis to shoot necros like half an hour after the Initial tutorial

Yes and you're only pointing it out because you heard a faggot youtuber say something about it.

Game testers are employed to play games and being shit at em.

It was a huge gameplay accent. Devs were apparently very proud of it.

You would be surprised how hard people find the game because they still shoot the mass of the necromorphs. Aiming for limbs it too intense.

Mate, it's unavoidable. Anyone playing the game will make this observation, myself included. I don't watch YouTubers.

This game came out when retarded normalfags were hopping on the vidya bandwagon, it was necessary.

>Was this really necessary
I think you underestimate how fucking stupid focus testers are.

Attached: gVJrXBAp9S_ha4R47d4nx79IWpz1nl4g86F5Jnna0a8.jpg (640x512, 50.32K)

people don't follow instructions very well
modern devs are also gay and retarded
so we suffer

>lets an idiot do the play testing
That's why most games are designed for absolute brainlets

no it wasn't necessary, but judging how people are reviewing elden ring it turns out people have room temperature IQ and need to be spoonfed.

>greg coomer

>one of our playtesters continued to turn right repeatedly for half an hour
Why are people this bad at games allowed to have a career testing games

testing is done by many people. They also need idiots because that's what most people are. Idiots drop games at the earliest impass so it's something that needs to be avoided.

all mass media is produced for the lowest common denominator. The purpose of mass media is to make material for the consumption of the most people possible, hence the name. Profits are maximized by making things as dumb as possible. When you buck this trend, people lose their shit (see elden ring)

This doesn't even make me mad. What DOES make me mad is what happened to Overstrike.

>be 12yo me
>ESL
>play dead space
>cut off their LIMBs!
>wtf fuck is a ""limb"""?
?

Attached: 1618963920592.png (580x566, 228.09K)

It was jarring, but when I think about it - yes. The mechanic is so different from most other shooting games that they felt it's better to be on a safe side by overemphasizing it than risking players returning their games because "wow enemies are 2 spongy", "not enough ammo!!!!".

back of the knee maybe

gamers are retarded so yes