Why are fighting games so dead?

Why are fighting games so dead?

Attached: 1646918775328.png (639x437, 132.78K)

Because they're hard

no fighting game will ever be as hard as it is to tard wrangle the absolute morons who get put in your team in league

because they fucking suck
next question

Attached: 1642022035217.jpg (214x215, 38.99K)

Because after the first week only sweatlords keep playing, making any newcomer's experience miserable because they will get their ass kicked 24/7.

Where's Tekken?

Consoles.

heh heh Steam. Sony literally owns EVO ya know.

>what is bronze rank

In the party game bin alongside Brawlhalla

They haven’t come up with an original idea for about 3 decades now.

>Sony literally owns EVO ya know.

and? sony fans only care about COD, sports shit and cinematic third person games

Shit to play

1.People rather discuss their designs and the lore
2. Not enough children to replace older gamers

You don't need to, just play carry.

Why though?

Why do people think each fighting game needs over 10k players a piece? It's a niche genre with a community split between a dozen games that is further split between console and PC.

Cause its a boring genre. What's so hard to get?

How is it boring?

git gud

i sure wonder

Attached: 1619130195135.png (1264x713, 726.6K)

Every game is dead.

Because they refuse to patch strive so everyone left until they did so.

>fighting game enforces mmr
>one month after release
>no active players except for highest rank
>takes upwards of 15 minutes for new player to enter round
>only to fight one real person and two bots
I'm still mad about Dissidia NT

>90 players in Melty Blood
Sounds about right. It's just S/S+ ranks playing with each other. Going back to that game is tough.

>Why are fighting games so dead?

Combination of dev's arrogance, laziness and being stuck in the past.

Outdated payment model. Free to play seems so well tailored for fighting games that it's baffling that publishers haven't made the transition yet. If a shitty game like Brawlhalla can get these numbers, imagine what a real fighting game (like Riot's Project L) could do.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-03-10-14-50-13-62_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg (1036x288, 140.53K)

It's not fun.
Simple as

If it were, more people would play

Online sucks for high-speed games that work well in person

I mean the main releases didn’t get functional online until like last year. Then people praise Strive’s netcode but it’s online functionality may be the worst of any game I’ve seen with the most pathetic combination of a joke ranked mode and non functioning lobbies.

I still can't belive skugs got a top billing at Evo. Who is going to play this shit? Sonic fox taking home like four top 8s?

Then why are Soulsbourne games popular as shit then?

How is it not fun? I find fighting games to be fun and I'm just playing them casually

I was S+ but went back for aoko patch, played one game that was raping some newbie and another game that was against some laggy as shit other s rank that constantly used shield and that reminded me why I stopped playing

The hardest PVE game will still be easier than the easiest PVP game.

Garbage genre that requires you to put in hundreds of hours of work so you can finally start enjoying it.

Because its not something people play at all times.
>feel like fighting
>do a match or two
>10 min later i close the game
Nobody is staying inside a SF or Strive for hours unless a new DLC just got released with people learning the new character.

>a real fighting game (like Riot's Project L)
Riot's track record is a shit moba, a shit tactical shooter, a forgotten copy of a dota arcade game, and a good card game.
Why so confident in their game?

No matter how many thousands of hours you put into a game like BB you will never have fun playing against Izanami, Carl, Rachel, Arakune, etc.

Just because you find it fun doesn't mean the rest of the world does.
Again. If they did, then the genre wouldn't be dead as fuck

League is a good game held back by exploitative matchmaking (forced 50)

fighting game ranking system notoriously is dogshit for some reason - probably because the population of the games are so small

They get boring and they feel like the same game with minor variations in frame data, air dashes, pushback, combo structure or even character archetypes. After you've been playing them for solid 10 years or more the structure to learn and then play is the same but it is by no means the most enjoyable genre, rather it has some fucking annoying mechanics in most games, from coin tosses wakeups, endless pressure, innate neutral with low recovery fireballs, or sometimes even too good frame data on characters making them flat out better than others.

The point is for most people they get old fast, newcomers and intermediate players can get bored after 50 to 500 hours, and experienced or even competitive players don't really quite enjoy the game as much as they enjoy just getting better. There are other games with more bonding experiences which are just as fun and have more replay value because of the possibilities (be it maps, characters weapons, so on so forth)

Attached: parry.jpg (507x677, 53.96K)

>League is a good game
Hahaha, nice one

What is wrong with SFV's ranking system?
>inb4 muh smurfs
stop being a paranoid schizophrenic shitter

What makes fighting games not fun?

>Free to play seems so well tailored for fighting game
Oh boy I sure hate getting fucking destroyed by X character let me go lab them to learn their weaknesses. Oh wait I can't because I don't """""own"""" them, and I'll never buy them because I have no interest in actually playing them.

Go diddle some kids, smashfag.

Because in those games, you fight an ai that has fixed patterns, in fighting games you play actual people with their own habits that you have to adapt to on the fly, while they adapt to you.

Because you can't tell the difference between Tortanic and some random fighter with a 4 digit player count. Don't worry, the same is true for a lot of people here.

They have infinite budget. The game might not be good, but it will definitely be influential.

This is nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-Any Forums where player counts and Twitch viewers matter more than playing games.

>you wanna win you some? pick a top tier.

>muh smurfs
There's zero paranoia involved in his observation. I favorited some rookie/bronze profiles that body me on CFN and they always get to plat or diamond relatively quickly and then stop playing forever

Because they aren't hard

>keeps picking sagat even when he gets nerfed, then becomes a fucking Oni GOD
I miss SF4 sanford.

Attached: pick a top tier.jpg (480x360, 11.42K)