Hey, look at this gorgeous enormous structure, it looks huge on the map...

Hey, look at this gorgeous enormous structure, it looks huge on the map. There must be some kind of dungeon with cool unique boss in the end.
Oh, nevermind, it's emtry room with single NPC and reskinned Gargoyle.
Thank you, Elden Ring.

Attached: Elden Ring content.png (1440x1620, 3.57M)

>why isn't every square inch of this massive open world set in a post-apocalyptic hellscape dense with content
It's called presentation, this is why you're not paid to make video games.

I swear to God, half of the threads are unironically complaining that there's too much content and the other half are bitching about shit like this, it's embarrassing

>Any Forums shits on Botw every minute, every day
>Any Forums defends elden ring for the exact same shit botw did
You faggots should be the definition of double standards.

Attached: botw.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

Super kino area, got transported there and was like wtf, looked around with my telescope and saw scary enemies ahead, went up to them and they turned to be midgets lmao, went back and immediately got one shot by the gargoyle for waking it up. Fucking love this game and moments like this. If you can't appreciate the unique design and atmosphere, you have zero taste.

ER has content and progression, BotW does not. Take your meds, Nintroondie.

There is too much superficial content. It's the same problem Ubisoft games have.

At this point, we need to accept that open world design has inherent flaws. We have seen many different developers give it a go, and all their games had this exact same issue.

They're both right.
There's too much content, because the game is filled with shitty, unsatisfying filler like what OP described.
Not sure what about that is difficult to understand.

BotW is an empty hellscape with very little to do. That is nothing like elden ring.

Botw not only has shit combat and zero item discovery incentive, it also has the same fucking mini shrines with the same fucking puzzles for the same fucking reward.

Its not double standards, BOTW is just a worse game.

Weapons don’t break after 3 hits so ER is 1000% better.

He's not complaining about every square inch though, the Bestial Sanctum is a very clear point of interest both on the map and from observing it. But when you get there, there's fucking nothing really worthwhile. Not to mention it's kind of a pain to get to if you never did D's quest/find the teleporter that takes you straight there.

not everything needs to be accessible, move on zoomer

Any Forums contrarianism at it's finest
You can accurately get an idea of how good a game is by what Any Forums is complaining about

>text
This is why you aren’t leading any projects, ma’am

>same fucking mini shrines with the same fucking puzzles for the same fucking reward.
but its okay when its elden ring with the same catacombs and same bosses enemies and ashes

>He didn't find the huge "drop down to the next platform" section leading to a unique weapon and talisman on the west side
ngmi

Attached: amy_grinding_on_crotch.gif (356x633, 1.66M)

Do the pyro guys with crown thorns drop it?
It looks sick

you can't even compare the two games. botw is ok but empty compared to elden ring

>Botw not only has shit combat
lmao so do Souls games and Elden Ring is on the lower end of that
>zero item discovery incentive
I guess Elden Ring beats it out here, it is a much better skinner box because you get FOMO'd into checking every nook and cranny in the event you might find some super powerful weapon/spell/armor. Not sure that's necessarily a good thing though. Encouraging player exploration is good, but encouraging players to autistically hit every single wall in case there's an illusory wall somewhere is just time-wasting.
>it also has the same fucking mini shrines with the same fucking puzzles for the same fucking reward
Just like the literally copy/pasted mines and catacombs and ruins? You have any idea how many times I've seen that literal exact same fucking room with the raised wooden platform and stairs and all the crates and barrels beneath?

Everything you said about BOTW is right, I don't disagree one bit. It is definitely a worse game too, I agree with you there. But Elden Ring has almost the exact same problems.

Try fingers, but hole

>piercing in shortcramped place!

Attached: __ranni_the_witch_elden_ring_drawn_by_furagona_liu__sample-2e7334e96402b577f88cd2e7a1a456e8.jpg (850x1202, 198.49K)

I found a portal that takes u straight to that boss in really early game lmao.