I like Elden Ring but I like Sekiro even more

I like Elden Ring but I like Sekiro even more.
Build variety, pvp and co-op are all cool but the Sekiro experience was just too good.
Who else is a Sekino chad here?

Attached: Sekiro_art.jpg (280x350, 42.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/ed14wa
youtu.be/cbbEWLYqXbY?t=348
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I pirated both but bought Sekiro when I realized how good it was. I will not buy Elden Ring.

I agree. Sekiro feels better to control. Meanwhile ER boss feel like they belong to Sekiro, but you have to deal with shitty roll instead and parry isn't rewarded.

can't believe from soft went back to clunky unbalanced ball of crap

i like the tool based utility of sekiro more for actual engaging combat, but i dont dislike elden ring for being more dark souls like. i pirated both, but will probably buy elden ring at some point to invade scrubs.

Is there any boss fight in Elden Ring on this level?
streamable.com/ed14wa

Of course not since Elden Souls combat sucks. In theory if you ported bosses to Sekiro they would be great though.

Nothing is on this level. The only single problem with this boss fight is that you have to fight Genichiro beforehand every single time. Ideally they would have had him stay dead after you beat him the first time, and maybe give him a second phase with new "desperation" style attacks. Other than that this is the perfect boss fight.

I'm very angry that they did not carry the parry system over from Sekiro, they'd rather use unrealistic rolling away from the enemy.

Attached: sek.jpg (604x461, 33.68K)

>running away from Inner Isshin's raised-hand-wind-up-three-attack combo in phase 2
Are you running away because you don't know how to deal with it it, or because it's inconsistent and you're on NKC/DB?
If it's the latter, then understandable. It does one-shot you even with a block
if it's the former, then the way you deal with it is: jump the sweep, mid-air deflect, then mikiri, i-frame or deflect the last hit

Attached: 1598146243284.jpg (536x572, 42.04K)

I was disappointed by Sekiro but compared to Elden Ring it is absolutely the better game.

This. Sekiro's parrying is just so much cooler. It actually looks and feels like a real sword fight with sparks flying and swords clanging against eachother. Worst of all for me is the stamina bar though. It's so fucking tedious always having to keep an eye on it just to make sure you have enough to rollspam out of harm's way after you attack. The posture system is far superior. If you're good enough at the game you never have to worry about how much posture you have left because it'll never break as long as you keep parrying successfully. And they actually had the common sense to put the posture bar front and centre, right underneath your character, and it changes colour as it increases too so you can always see it without having to take your eyes off the action. Let's hope the next game they make is Sekiro 2 with even more refinements and polish to the formula. Wouldn't get my hopes up after all the copies that ER sold though. Sekiro didn't even get DLC (and it's the only From game where I actually wanted more when I was done with it too). Shows you how much they care about it.

Last night I played Tenchu (1999) and it strikes me how both games deal with the concept of honor in totally different ways.

youtu.be/cbbEWLYqXbY?t=348

It's proof that less is more. Sekiro only has one weapon but it allowed them to create a tight gameplay experience with engaging combat. Elden Ring and the other Souls games give you much more variety when it comes to combat, but it means all the bosses have to be watered down to accomodate multiple playstyles. Ironically, this means that Sekiro ends up being a much more replayable game despite the fact that it has less variety in a new playthrough, simply because the gameplay itself is fun enough that you will want to replay it.

They mostly developed both games alongside each other so there wasn't many lessons they learned from Sekiro that could make it to Elden Ring. Hopefully we'll get something more similar to Sekiro next game.

Attached: 1644981125274.jpg (850x1739, 457.46K)

>bought elden ring
>just finished it, don't see myself replaying it anytime soon
>pirated sekiro
>finished it like 5 times
Why does this keeps happening to me.

Attached: 1645568575074.jpg (750x559, 30.02K)

Sekiro is much better.
I disliked Dark Souls 3 because of how open the world was (unlike the tight levels of Dark Souls 1).
I also never used anything but medium armor and Claymore and always parried when possible.
Obviously Elden Ring's open world and build variety are not for me.
I loved Sekiro and refunded Elden Ring because I've got better games to waste my time on.

Based Sekiro chads
It's peak fromsoft, they really went in the right direction when they made it
And regressed right back again with Elden Ring

im not a weeb so no i dont prefer muh ninja samurai

Sekiro is straightforward and linear. The GOTY update just made the experience better, now I boot up the game and choose who I want to go up against and call it a day.

Next From games should be Armored Core 6 and Sekiro 2

>now I boot up the game and choose who I want to go up against and call it a day.

tried fighting games?

>the GOTY update just made the experience better
I haven't played it since the update came out. Did they ever fix the fact you get booted back out to the idol when you lose a fight? A simple rematch option really would have been far better.

Armored is the next one and I am happy because Mecha. But I really want Sekiro 2 to happen.

I play Tekken now and then. But I also think that with certain tweaks Sekiro could be a fighting game that could give direct competition to For Honor. I think For Honor's basic combat system is superior to Sekiro's combat system in the sense of having several possible attack vectors and I would like FROM to respond to that.

Sekiro is the better game.

Elden Ring over promised and under delivered, specially since it wasn't even optimized or balanced on release.
It desperately needs several adjustments to these areas before it's fixed.
Which is a fucking shame, because at least the japs could release a finished game before, but now it's impossibly.

Isn't it fair to penalize you for defeat by expelling you from the arena?