If you die eight times in a level, the Super Guide box shows up, and even if you never use it...

>if you die eight times in a level, the Super Guide box shows up, and even if you never use it, you are still punished by not having the stars on your save file sparkle
What kind of stupid idea was this? Didn't use that hand-holding feature? Well you get punished for it regardless.

This shit also tainted my experience with 3D Land because I was aware of the same case happening in that game if you die like four or five times and get offered the White Tanooki Suit. I had to quit the game and reload it after every three or four times I died on a level just to avoid it. Terrible design.

Attached: shiningstars.jpg (1280x720, 128.76K)

>Dying in a platformer meant for children
Ngmi

>be shit at game
>don't get sparkles
justified
>be shit at game
>game forcibly holds your hand
that's rape

>OHHNOOOOOOO THE SPARKLE MY STARS DONT SPARKLE
Please have sex

Don't you have a Naughty Dog movie to play?

>no sparkle punishment intended for people who use baby feature
>but let's fuck over every one who doesn't use it and never asked for it simply if it shows up
Brilliant

Just don't be bad.

>if you die 8 times in the same level in a kid's game, your Nintendo gamer card is revoked
Sounds fine to me

Prove to me you both beat Level 9-7 in one attempt

Doesn't have to be one attempt, it just has to be fewer than eight.

World 9 levels don’t have Super Guides

no sparkle is for people who are shit
baby feature is easy way out
want sparkle, retry and get it first try, prove yourself

Pretty sure this game has no autosaving, if you want the sparkles just hit the reset button whenever it shows up

Mario games are literally harder than Dark Souls, or whatever spamming rolling games you kids are into these days.

3D land's white tanooki only appears in the first 8 worlds, which are pretty easy anyway. Once you beat Bowser, you can die as many times as you want in any level without fear of losing the sparkles unless you used a warp zone and somehow died 5 times in the early levels you skipped

>beating every single level and getting every star coin isn't proof
I beat the game 100%, I shouldn't be cheated out of something that wouldn't have happened if Nintendo didn't put in some shitty "play-the-game-for-me" feature I never used

I wasn't aware of the sparkling stars thing until a while after beating the game.

>3D land's white tanooki only appears in the first 8 worlds, which are pretty easy anyway.
Still, you don't think being denied full completion for dying five times in a level is shitty.

>Once you beat Bowser, you can die as many times as you want in any level without fear of losing the sparkles
Mario Wiki doesn't say anything on the matter. Doesn't matter anyway, I've beat 3D Land, and have the sparkling stars. I just wish they didn't have such shitty things like this in them. DKCR didn't do this shit.

Sorry , the first thing I said to you was meant to be a question not a statement.

>replay the first mini-fortress after clearing every level so you can save
>restart the game if you die in the next level five or so times
Alternately, stop giving a shit over what your menu screen looks like.

Only 3D Land makes it impossible to get sparkles even if you don't hit the box, in 3D World you can still get them as long as you don't touch the box.

Anyway, these games are piss easy, I beat 3D Land levels without dying.

I mean yes, I do think it is shitty but it's not as bad as in NSMBWii because not only is that game more difficult, it doesn't even let you save freely until you beat it, adding to the frustration if you reset as you may have to redo levels.

>Mario Wiki doesn't say anything on the matter
I've done several playthroughs of 3D Land and I can 100% confirm this. In fact, the only way to see White Kitsune Luigi in the game is by doing what I said earlier, skip levels using one of the two warp zones, beat the game and get Luigi, then return to the levels and die with him 5 times.

>Only 3D Land makes it impossible to get sparkles even if you don't hit the box
I know, that's what I said. I reset after every three or four deaths to avoid that happening. Never hit the box.

>In fact, the only way to see White Kitsune Luigi in the game is by doing what I said earlier, skip levels using one of the two warp zones, beat the game and get Luigi, then return to the levels and die with him 5 times.
That's really bizarre to give him his own design for that power-up and make it a really niche situational occurrence.

Still, like I said, it doesn't matter because I 100%ed 3D Land long ago. I'm just saying that being conscious about the stars this time around (whereas I was blissfully unaware about it playing through NSMBW) tainted the experience a little. Actually I'm not sure if I even 100%ed it because there's a bunch of random Star Medals that show up by special boxes that refresh sometimes on the level select, plus streetpass sometimes gives you boxes with them in them, so I don't know the true limit. But I have five sparkling stars on my file.

>I beat the game 100%, I shouldn't be cheated out of something that wouldn't have happened if
you wasn't so slow to learn? you absolutely should be.