Elden Ring BTFO'd

>The way to play the game seems to be attacking everything you see, trying to die in a safe-ish place, reclaiming your loot, buying a level, and then repeating the same encounters ad infinitum until you grind yourself thirty or forty levels, or however many it takes to get past the first stage of the game. I happened across a battle between soldiers and goblins. I tried attacking only the goblins and the soldiers killed me. I tried attacking only the soldiers and the goblins killed me.

>Combat is god awful. Controls are sluggish and often unresponsive. And whether it's a bug or a feature, the fact that you can't hit opponents who are on the ground (watch your weapon pass right through them!) is absurd. Even after gaining 18 levels, you still have no hope of finishing off any of the "dungeon" areas you'll find right where the game begins, and the surface world is only moderately less lethal.

>In the entire time I've played the game, I honestly can't think of a single time I felt intrigued, excited, or satisfied. Elden Ring is markedly inferior to actual role-playing games like Skyrim or Dragon Age. Frankly, I'd even take an old-school dungeon crawler like Might and Magic over this.

> Maybe if I repeat the same combat encounters a few dozen times more, my character will be able to walk through the beginning of the open world without being cut down by a mob of goblins or soldiers.

Truer words have never been spoken

Attached: elden-ring-godfrey-1216x684.jpg (1216x684, 174.12K)

Shut the fuck up

I played 355 hours of Dark Souls + 55 hours of Elden Ring and I have several complaints about the battles in these games. But these OP critics seem totally retarded to me.
Sometimes you have to filter the type of information a bit. On Any Forums people are supposed to have a level of knowledge well above the average, and this kind of criticism is clearly made by people without much knowledge of the subject.

>goblins

Attached: 1621611833165.jpg (237x272, 15.06K)

>I tried attacking only the goblins and the soldiers killed me. I tried attacking only the soldiers and the goblins killed me.

Attached: comment_WIOfRDpXR6XCA6J4PRfwLaTg2aBuQVa5.jpg (640x960, 562.63K)

Sauce?

>Even after gaining 18 levels, you still have no hope of finishing off any of the "dungeon" areas you'll find right where the game begins, and the surface world is only moderately less lethal.
Shitter cope is the sweetest nectar.

Attached: 1453757707335.png (691x801, 475.28K)

No, spamming threads is not elden ring being btfo.
Especially articles of journiggers getting filtered by fucking goblins.

>Skyrim
>Dragon Age
This is a tranny isn't it?

Anyone else notice the goblins in this REALLY act like groids in their body language?

>Elden Ring is markedly inferior to actual role-playing games like Skyrim or Dragon Age
dollar store bait.

>cat looks like it's laughing
>....
Creepy silent laughing cat.

>actual role-playing games like Skyrim
Skyrim is not an RPG LMAO

>Goblins
>Inferior to Skyrim or Dragon age
>18 levels
lmao

Attached: 1646698585003.png (701x914, 377.24K)

Faceapping this bitch looks so natural.

keep it up shill
I still don't care about horizon forbidden west and I never will

Is it right to call those chimpanzees Goblins? Those enemies are clearly chimpanzees capable of using weapons. In fact basically equal to half the population of my country.

"Goblin" is a dog whistle for "nigger", as established and used by J.R.R Tolkien.

>Tell me you didn't play any fromsoft title without saying it.

Git gud fag

Pretty much how I see it. It feels like grinding an MMO solo, except with better combat and bosses.

No one cares about your faggot blogposting, kys.

There's nothing "gud" about grinding. If you guys want to swing your dicks around, get in fighting tournaments and play humans. Not this grindy AI bullshit. You're not shit.

No need to say it in scarequotes you fucking redditor. They're niggers.

>literally GitGud the post
lmao you can't make this shit up
Elden Ring exposing the Souls series to the casual every-gamer and their reaction to it is hilarious.
It will stop being hilarious if the next From game is heavily dumbed down because of all these clowns, but right now it's just the cherry on top of the masterpiece that is Elden Ring.

You truly have to have a higher IQ to fully appreciate the game.

You aren't supposed to be dying constantly.
Most players will, and I wouldn't be having fun either if that were the case for me.
Go play the previous games first, this one doesn't waste time with the difficulty.
It's a gift to the fans, and you're not it.

Who said anything about grinding?

>It will stop being hilarious if the next From game is heavily dumbed down because of all these clowns
What might actually cause something like that to happen? The japs believe the "consensus" of the dead internet bots and journiggers who have an agenda to disparage eastern games and have been since the mid 2000s?

>It will stop being hilarious if the next From game is heavily dumbed down because of all these clowns

Elden ring isn't giving any indication that miyazaki is a person willing to compromise with noobs. He has said continuously in interviews that his games aren't for everyone and that this is the point.

You only need to grind if you constantly lose your souls because you suck.
In other words
If you're grinding, you need to Git gud faggot.

Attached: 1617932040009.jpg (1798x1799, 164.2K)

>It's a gift to the fans, and you're not it.
Then stop overselling it to everyone.

>b-but that's exclusionary and everybody should be invited everywhere, even where they dont really even want to be but will be solely for the purposes of harming that space.

based and redpilled.

Finished my newgame + yesterday, am lvl192 and never grinded for runes. Litterl git gud fag.

didnt mean to make it seem like I was ass-quoting you. I clearly agree. I was posting as if I was one of the shitters like a devils advocate sort of thing.
Fucking greentext only means one thing though.

keep crying lmao

Attached: 1419709447726.png (711x687, 1.12M)

Good things generate hype, especially if they're happening for years.
Normies that enter a franchise mid-way and ignore the previous games deserve to be lost and confused.
The From marketing team dropped the Souls from the title to lure the masses in, it was a based move.

>easiest of the souls games by a fucking mile thanks to status builds, block countering, insane amount of grace/shrine checkpoints everywhere, ashe summons, ashes of war, broken-as-fuck spells, open world design where you can come back to a hard boss after you've out leveled it, etc etc
>people still can't even get past the first camp of enemies and immediately bitch that the game is unfair and too hard and unfun and that they need to make the game easier and more accessible
unreal.

yeah dude, I know what greentext means and how it works
been trying to escape this place since 2010

it was the hardest for me because I played it completely blind and played it like I was playing DaS3.

Which subhuman journo wrote this
I want to see what other shit he reviewed and what he wrote about them

You're completely full of shit. I doubt any of you mow through bosses in your first try..or even first 10 tries and/or didn't have your levels/builds mostly prepared beforehand (in which case, grinding came into play).
Secondly, I already know from past games that many have friends helping out. Only to talk shit later as if they were ever "gud".

Why DO the soldiers attack you? Are they all zombies?

Intelligent and resourceful players will always trivialize any sandbox experience, that's the fun part of big games.
But your post is wrong.
Just compare the DS1 intro to this one.
Godrick, an intro boss, is probably harder than ANY non dlc boss in DS1, feints everywhere, huge combos, AoE, incredible tracking on long jump attacks, he's a huge noob trap, and that's the START.

Do you get the picture?
Communist globo homo journos disparage Souls because it encourages badthink practices (self improvement, personal accountability, exclusion) and stands in the way of their ideological domination of not just the gaming industry but all entertainment media at large.
They dont want Souls to get easy, they don't want it to exist at all.
The campaign I'm seeing is fairly obvious and should be to all of you fine folks as well.
Do you understand psychological warfare yet?

they are just salty they aren't making as much money as from user.