Plantations? Slaves? Are you fucking kidding me?!!

Plantations? Slaves? Are you fucking kidding me?!!

Why did ya'll not tell me Morrowind is this problematic?!

Attached: Dren_Plantation.2.jpg (1373x905, 415.25K)

It was a different time.

>Go free? No, I am old and could not make it on my own.

Attached: 1639609616331.jpg (753x753, 324.87K)

It's called good worldbuilding, in Oblivion and Skyrim you have like 1 vegetable patch in the vicinity of the capital city, in Morrowind you had all these plantations, egg/ebony/glass mines, potters/glassmakers and so on giving the player the impression of a viable economy
It really was

Attached: raep.png (850x392, 417.69K)

>jumps from calling you a guar's asshole to telling you he's going to murder-rape you
idk about this one gamers

This isn't even an exaggeration. The Imperial City in Oblivion has literally 1 source of food, a single fisherman living outside the city. And even then he's retired. They really just completely gave up.

Attached: 1633078123730.jpg (1047x582, 512.54K)

There are farms in Oblivion, like near Skingrad

Yes there are farms but they're nowhere near the capital city. It makes no fucking sense. And don't be one of those "clearly they import 100% of their food" retards. They aren't living in fucking New York City.

Are you one of the retards who thinks that you need to present every single piece of infrastructure on the map rather then just imply said infrastructure?
In a game you have a limited amount of things you can present to the player. Rapture had enough living space for hundreds of thousands and produced enough food for all of them despite never directly showing you this. Vivic had hundreds of thousands of people living there without actually showing you hundreds of thousands of character models.
Megaton got enough food to feed itself.
New Vegas was a huge city despite it only presenting 30 characters or so.

>y'all
>problematic

Attached: 1547124271071.png (1597x1600, 532.09K)

Look at the fucking picture genius. Which is doing a better job at selling a realistic amount of food production for a large city? And then can you tell me, which game had a bigger budget, more staff, more powerful hardware? Hm? So, can we agree, they just got lazy, and it's not a technical problem in the slightest you fucking idiot?

Why do people pretend slavery is a bad thing? It's just natural that the lesser should serve the greater, slavery is nothing more that taking them under your wing to serve you instead of leaving them for their own misfortune.

t.

Attached: 1624049674583.png (600x1000, 1.15M)

>There are farms in Oblivion, like near Skingrad
Yeah like 2 veggie patches and 2 vineyards. Nowhere near the amount it would take to sustain a population.
>They really just completely gave up.
It was a different development/writer team and wasn't really the same kind of passion project that Morrowind was but meant to be for the console mainstream audience mainly, so that's how you ended up with uninspired and bland shit like Oblivion.

It is entirely a technical problem not to mention your picture is retarded, there are farms and settlements scattered all around the province in Oblivion. Stop being autistic its like the fat GOT cunt complaining that Lord Of The Rings does not explain its tax code.
You can assume a tax code exists without it being directly presented in the work.
There are farms in oblivion, yes if it was realistically presented then you would have to ride a horse past miles upon miles of fields of grain but that is unessissary.

Attached: xohos1alowj71.png (1780x1356, 2.14M)

this, the entire province went downhill the moment they outlawed having khajiit slavemaidens

Attached: D guy.jpg (850x400, 112.88K)

What was with Bethesda during that period? Did they get dropped on their heads and forget how to build worlds? Did they forget that the world isn't actually supposed to revolve around the player character and that they need to at least imply the people do normal, every day things? Oblivion's lack of food sources for the Imperial City is bad enough, but then Bethesda decided that they should make an entire game where no one has a clear food source, to the point that its primary settlement is the subject of a meme making fun of the lack of world building. It wasn't until Skyrim that they at the very least had farms outside major cities.

Attached: what_they_eat.png (1600x900, 2.98M)

Yeah and different genders (there were only two back then) have different stats. What a fucking nightmare.

I wouldn't mind same stats if TES at least still had stats