Why don't all controllers have back paddles?

Why don't all controllers have back paddles?

Attached: xbox.jpg (480x375, 49.42K)

patents

shut the fuck up.

who knows, this shit is fucking essential with the games out today.

too based

WHY DON'T ALL CONTROLLERS HAVE BACK PADDLES?

Because they're patented and manufacturers don't want to spend money on the licensing fee.

Because they're shit, first thing I did was take them out when I got my elite

those seem like they'd be really annoying

Scuf enjoys being scumbags, that's why

Because theyre gay and you’re locking yourself to only being able to play with controllers with them. So you are making yourself THAT guy who needs to bring his special controller with him wherever he wants to game with friends

How high are you goddamn fucking retard? You must have been the kid always stuck with a Madcatz controller

>patent for buttons on the back of a controller
lmao

The patent is specifically for "paddles" like in the OP, regular buttons are exempt, hence the Steam Deck, various Hori controllers, PS4 back button attachment, etc. getting away with it.

Ifeel likepaddles shoupd be higher

i love these things ngl
best shit i ever had on my controller

for the same reasons some controllers don't have gyro

Apple patented round corners for their iphones, so yeah, it can happen. It's called "design patent".

Because faggots stopped improving gamepads when they were "good enough" save for stupid fucking gimmicks that nobody needs like a build in speaker, a trackpad or shitty haptic feedback for the shoulder triggers

So they can sell you an extra controller for $150.

Regular buttons are better anyway. The paddles on the elite controller are way too sensitive for something you're going to be directly gripping.

The same reason we don't get all the cool shit on controllers like octogate and 6 face buttons: Muh polystation1-2 didn't have it.

But you can get a PS4 attachment for like $10.

How do you sprint and turn the camera at the same time in Fromsoft/Rockstar games?

I have big strong hands and that looks like I can snap it off during anus clenching events.

Now that the controller is depreciated and no longer in production.
The same way people jumped in Halo 20 years ago.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.34M)