Two open world Pokemon games in the same year with only 167 employees

>two open world Pokemon games in the same year with only 167 employees
Why?

Attached: game-freak.jpg (1920x1080, 89.1K)

Money, why else?

>has an entire board dedicated to pokemon
>still shits up Any Forums with pointless thread

Attached: 1634552635053.jpg (750x734, 80.35K)

Because with the shit graphics, reused assets, and no gameplay changes, a fucking team of 5 could release 2 pokemon games in a year.

SV had to have been in the planning phases for quite some time.

Games just don't start development the moment the public is aware of them.

They believe Any Forums is an echo-chamber pulling its punches and it acts more like a cult or monolith than a Any Forums board ready to deliver a good ol' fashioned gnashing.

Say what you want but I bet GF are industry leaders when it comes to asset and code reuse.

>only 167 employees
Is that true?
Why don't they hire some more people...
It's not like quality could go much lower.

>Why don't they hire some more people...
High turnaround rate.

I don't care. It's bad enough I have to look at 1,000 Elden Ring threads a day, I don't want this Pokeshit on here too, especially when they have a whole fucking board dedicated to it. Literally makes no sense.

>I don't care.
I know you didn't ask but other anons might want the light shed on why since there's always new posters popping up looking to ask the same questions you have on repeat. It happens a lot.

I mean the first one looked like unity asset-flip shovelware so I can't imagine it's that hard.

>Why?
The fanbase is fucking retarded, that's why. Muh N64 trees, muh dexit, muh railroads. You faggots wanted open world, you're getting fucking open world and if it's shit, tough luck, Pokemon will always be shit and it will always sell 18+ million and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
>I won't buy
For every 1 person not buying, there's 20 more retards born to replace you.

You can just filter elden ring threads away newfriend

i think they should lay off like 157 of them

Monolith used to have 130 at the time of XC2, yet made games that blew out anything GF produced out of the water. It's not so much about how many people work there, but how good they are.

Monolith also can work on one game for more than 2 years. GF has to pump out something yearly. If TPC gave them time I think GF could pull of something good. Legends is a great base, but that's all it is, base work and GF is awful for throwing out a sound base for a new base and never improving outside of small QoL features, IE, Physical/Special split, Boxes anywhere, easy as piss breeding, ect. I don't envy GF for having to shit something out yearly while Monolith can work on one game for 5 years.

Sounds like you never browsed Any Forums then
there is no place on the web that hates pokemon more than Any Forums
We're so critical because we want what's best for the franchise, but TPC just keeps finding ways to ruin all of it

>Sounds like you never browsed Any Forums then

What part of "they believe" didn't register with you?

>We're so critical because we want what's best for the franchise
It's a kids game, jesus. I hate you pretentious ass faggots. Imagine you saying this about Peppa Pig or Hello Kitty.

>"I want other threads than Elden Ring!"
>OP posts a pokemon thread
>"No not like that"

Attached: 1633553398114.jpg (473x574, 18.27K)

those don't get shit marketed to adults 24/7
yes, it's still bing bing wahoo for manchilds, but it's not quite 'kids' franchise you're meant to stop enjoying by age 6' level

I mean, Sanrio has its hands in many pies.
Aggretsuko is an example of making a property aimed at adults, but not many know it's by the same company that gave us Hello Kitty.

>chidlren should have no standards
>just eat shit becuase you're young
Yes, that's how you raise good cattle that never complains about the shit that keeps smelling worse with each iteration when they get fed.

sorry, i assumed it's some tranny newspeak, my bad
If you grew up as a fan or at least a bit into it, you'd realize how much potential there is for a world like pokemon, the amount of stories, immersion, creatures, escapism could potentially rival DnD or W2k
But every time they release another anthro starter or tiny body big head toy seller
every time they dumb it down and take away player agency
every time they copy paste the same game structure, just to maximize profits it just shatters all that potential

Attached: file.png (1280x1024, 1.07M)

An adult cannot enjoy peppa pig.
He can though, enjoy some things about pokemon.
They both have children as the target audience but are not the same.

>posting a pokemon thread on Any Forums when there's an entire pokemon board for pokemon related bullshit
Ok nigger brain moron.

Attached: confused-math (1).gif (360x230, 2.81M)