So what exactly did he contribute?

So what exactly did he contribute?

Attached: 87.jfif.jpg (1058x1059, 163.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I8T_om-VLxk&t=4934s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Being gross

self-inserted as dung eater

Normalfag sales
literally the
>featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
of storytelling

He wrote two pages of notes, named the characters and probably the locations and major things like the Erdtree. Got paid a million dollars and then went to fuck underage prostitutes or whatever it is he does.

did he name the dung-eater?

he created Ranni, Miyazaki turned her into a doll though

This, also he shat on Brandon Sanderson by calling wielders of great runes "shardbearers" instead of just demigods.

THE LOATHSOME DUNG EATER

Tortoises.

its a lie that he wrote the story because that fat man never writes

Finger butthole

Classic GRRM

>There was nothing visual – it was all text
>Rather than being a short story, it was something that depicted the setting or set the scene for the game and for the world, detailing the flow of history and the figures who appeared throughout it.
>There was, of course, a story that came with this as a sort of backbone, but it played as more of an introduction to that world and a natural course of events for these characters to follow

Surprised to learn that he did quite a bit of work
There is definitely a lot of his influence in the game lore; Cheating, incest, and sexual promiscuity that would otherwise, as far as I know, absence from previous Souls game.

One thing that stuck out for me is the sense of characters identity; Morgot, Margit etc looks the same but different people? Marika and Radagon, Ranni, Ranna and Milenia etc.

What makes you say that user? About pissing the other guy off.

Leyndell's tax policy.

the loathsome dung eater probably

Brandon Sanderson is another huge epic fantasy writer, he's a known nerd and plays ttrpgs and is a huge fan of fromsoftware games. George RR Martin isn't a gamer at all.

you still didn't explain shit about how gmmr dissing the other guy
like what exactly did he do

Shardbearer is a reference to sanderson's novel series the stormlight archive.

Basically I'm suggesting that George almost certainly knew Sanderson would've been a better pick for the job, and I interpret him making an obvious reference to Sanderson's main book series as salt in the wound.

I see
heard about this dude's books quite a lot but i never read any
you guys are fans?

Thanks for the explanation anons.

Yes, it's not a bad series, very easy to get into compared to most epic fantasy.

Attached: capture.png (384x88, 8.35K)

>Sanderson would've been a better pick for the job
sanderson's autistic focus on hard magic and exposition dump worldbuilding would not be a good fit at all for the game's intentionally vague cryptic tone

Yeah but Sanderson has actually played every fromsoft game and is a fanboy while GRRM is a boomer who doesn't know video games newer than 1990.

Loads of weird gross shit that obviously absent from the previous soul games

The convoluted demigod family tree. Lord knows he loves those.

Look, here's all the gods and goddesses of the game :
>Godfrey, Godrick, Godwyn
>Rennala, Ranni, Radagon, Rykard, Radahn
>Marika, Malenia, Miquella, Morgott, Mohg
Now pay attention at the first letters. Notice something, eh?

Fia's panties design.

youtube.com/watch?v=I8T_om-VLxk&t=4934s
he answered a fan mail about why did he enjoy dark souls
never read any of the man book but from the answer he seems to know his shit

Isnt erdtee some dragon quest shit. A lot of his naming seems plagiarized

well playing games isn't really necessary since all he was doing was coming up with the setting and backstory, as far as i understand he didn't have any input when it came to the actual plot
i didn't know sanderson was a from fanboy, that makes him not getting the job pretty funny, but desu i think not knowing anything about souls games is probably better because a fanboy might add in a bunch of gay fanservice references to solaire or whoever or even link the universe to the souls universe for le Deep Lore

fingers but hole

George R.R.R.R.R. Martin!?

To be fair Godrick, Malenia and Rennala aren't demigods for instance.

Nobody cares about Ian Brandon Anderson, get on topic.

godrick is

He made it so all the story-relevant characters have names that start with G, R or M.

Attached: 1646737773687.jpg (806x960, 55.82K)

I just realized that two demi-human queens have names that start with m. Maggie and Margot.

Attached: Screenshot (2240).png (1920x1080, 3.37M)

>major lore characters names all start with G, R, or M
Basically just that