Why does a game need a good story? i just want to kill some guys

why does a game need a good story? i just want to kill some guys

Attached: noriko-from-gunbuster.jpg (728x566, 209.06K)

Play Elden Ring then.

already am though

Muh medium muh art muh take us seriously hollywood

I recommend The Citadel.

Attached: martyr.jpg (1200x771, 120.53K)

noriko on Any Forums!

Attached: 1483594345343.gif (500x319, 991.5K)

heh

Attached: shinji and noriko.jpg (639x479, 45.6K)

Only dumbasses take holywood seriously.

Saying this while posting a pic of an anime with a good story is quite strange

Gunbuster was dogshit and I'm tired of pretending it wasn't

i wonder if noriko lived a normal life after she came back in diebuster

KIMIKO I'M NEVER GOING TO SEE YOU AGAIN

>I WANT TO BE EDGY NOOOOO
Underage spotted

>I want to have fun
>WOOHHHHH EDGY
what did he mean by this

Attached: 1632323788517.jpg (1125x1026, 232.23K)

A good story-driven game tends to resonate with me more than a good action game does. I realize that I should just pay attention to other mediums instead but there's still a few games I wanna get through.

Have you played Centipede?

Don't even act like half the games you play have an important story that isn't skipped over. Story telling through games has always been shit, even the good vidya stories can be translated over to film or a book and would be better for it even.

I've finished around 300 games and only two of those had a story that was integral to the game, Morrowind being one of them for obvious reasons and I can't think of the other.

Attached: lolibooru 401743 eyebrows_visible_through_hair japanese_clothes looking_at_viewer nintendo_switch pleated_skirt touhoku_kiritan white_background wide_sleeves.png (1703x2221, 1.94M)

That's pretty valid. A good example would be the GotG game. Everything about it is amazing BUT the gameplay, but that game at least had the decency to have options to make the gameplay more bearable.

Good story can make a good game better. However the definition of "good" changes in the context of the genre since not all games rely on story as part of player interaction with it.

Not a bad opinion. vg devlopment is fluid and sometimes even the genre change during development. If the designer finds that the gameplay segments are weak and boring, this kind of option is reasonable.