This is unironically one of the worst designed bosses From has ever released in a game

This is unironically one of the worst designed bosses From has ever released in a game.
>inb4 git gud
I beat her, it's just simply bad game design.

Attached: 0B45B6BF-BDB6-4745-B021-0D137A0E2F27.jpg (955x837, 103.04K)

honestly have to agree with you there. Its a shame because it had all the potential to be a great fight. The issue is the phase one bullshit instakill attack. Yes, i know it can be dodged technically, but unless you have a great shield with 100% block and a fuckton of stamina or can pull off like 9 frame perfect dodges in a row you're instantly dead and theres nothing you can do about it.

Phase one is ass because its basically a DPS race against an RNG instakill that cant really be stopped. I killed her too, but it felt more like luck than anything else. Oh boy she used the unavoidable instantkill twice but luckily she decided to fuck oleg that run instead of me. Phase 2 is fine, its only ass in the beginning because getting to it is so hard and a lot of the attacks can outright kill you, but its so fucking rare to actually get to phase 2 that it takes 10 years to learn what the attacks are.

Attached: [TIDUS PREPARES TO LAUGH].gif (268x325, 1.96M)

I can at least appreciate how they put the annoying bosses as optional, i personally feel some unfairness for a character as renowned as her makes sense.

It's actually absurd and I have a hard time believing Miyazaki actually defeated the boss himself unless he was an intfag that summoned and spammed lazers. The insta kill move simply makes no sense. Not only is it instant death if it clips you even once, it has frame perfect tracking so even if you catch the windup with enough time to react you still have no choice but to perfect dodge every single hit or respec into a great shield (the later barely helping anyway since she heals to full if you block every hit of the spam). I don't understand what they were trying to accomplish with this boss. It's neither fun, satisfying, challenging, or even interesting as a fight. It's on the same level or even lower than Bed of Chaos for me.

Yeah but she's hot in her 2nd phase so it balances out

And people laugh at me when i tell them that i enjoyed the bosses in Dark Souls II more than the bosses in Elden Ring.

>And people laugh at me
Dont worry, I still do. Though "laughing" is a strong word, you warrant a chuckle at most. Try harder.

she's not even close to the worst in ER. she has one shitty mechanics that requires you to find a specific counter to (inb4 someone posts lucky full dodges in a coop session - try doing that 3-4 times solo). but otherwise the fight is one of the fairest and aesthetically great.
this game is just horridly balanced so you are heavily incentivized to cheese everything - may as well then.

well shes only optional if you didnt accidently fuck up and get the frenzied flame, because you know fuck you for exploring and not bothering to give you a prompt that that you're about to fuck up your entire play through.

I dont agree that unfairness is good game design though because its more or less roll a die to see if you can succeed. If they'd made it so you could actually stun her out of the attack or give a slightly better window for dodging it then it would be fine, but just to basically be haha fuck you ur dead because >;3 is just lazy.

I love the game but there are a handful of really poorly designed enemies. The fucking giant crows are one. The other is the haha fuck you nothing personnel kid abominations. The ones that just teleport everywhere, spray down that fog of shit you cant move through and have like the 8hit attack combo that does all your health.

im an intfag. i dont use the lazer trick because it feels cheap. Wont work on her because shes way too mobile. Even the magic lunar blade doesnt do hardly any damage. Some very minor tweaks would make it a really enjoyable fight and i hope they do something about it in a future patch. I bet the people that playtested her either fought her as a group (with like 2 summons) or were the ones that designed her so knew exactly when and how to do everything perfectly.

And yea, the healing thing is kinda bullshit. One the one hand i like it because it actually punishes you for using spirit ashes because it essentially gives her free healing - but its required in that fight to give you a small chance she wont fucking aggro on you when she does the instakill.

>annoying bosses as optional
>foreskin duo is mandatory

Attached: 1600470718058.jpg (400x400, 19.42K)

>instakill
Is it really that bad or are retards just not leveling vigor? The only people that complained about bloodborne bosses are the ones who barely touch that stat.

Attached: ACEA8418-AA5D-46E7-809E-29562E5C4BA8.jpg (1200x756, 263.05K)

I'm at 40 vigor. If the movie hits you near the start of the combo it's an instakill because it tracks ans attacks fast/long enough to kill in recovery frames.

its actually an instakill. its basically 3 separate like 12 hit combos. If you get touched once you're forced to eat the entire thing. Even with heavy armor, a lot of vig, and the greatrune that gives you fucktons of additional HP you're done.

Pretty much online the only 2 opinions ive seen on her so far are (majority) this is fucking bullshit and bad design or (minority) haha git gud pleb, you mean you cant string together 12 frame perfect and directionaly perfect dodges and are god enough to not have it happen in parts of the arena where you literally cant preform that? You must suck. GOAT fromboss!

You just have to run and roll backwards from the attack and you can dodge like 90% of the damage pretty consistently. I usually only got hit with 1 or 2 of the hits from the combo and finished the fight with 30 VIG no shield.

I agree it's kind of a DPS race and RNG though. If she hits you with the first part of the move you die 100%, so if she decides to spam it you're fucked. Also she has too much HP and healing. Overall she is just a bit overtuned, I don't think she's the hardest FromSoft boss ever like a lot of people are saying.

run away from her on the first two hits and dodge into her on the third. there, was it so hard?
for the flower attack just dodge into her too
it's 100% possible to not be hit by her
t. just entered NG+4 just to fight her again and any attack from her just one shots me

>You just have to run and roll backwards from the attack and you can dodge like 90% of the damage pretty consistently
Im not saying i dont believe you, but this was not my experience at all. Granted i'm mid rolling. I could see it possibly with light rolling though as she just gains so much distance.

I agree shes not fromsofts hardest boss either. Probably one of the most bullshit ones though. Winning against her is just lucking out to the right pattern. Fume knight IMO was a much harder fight, but at the same time Fume knight was also fair. Im equating her to bed of chaos for the most part as if you're lucky enough to get a good pattern and dont fuck up first dodge in phase 2 it feels like you're pretty much set.

What build did you use to beat her? The biggest red flag that it's a shittily designed boss is that it seems damn near impossible to beat her with an STR build unless you are max level with golden vow, flame grant me strength, and every single buff you can possibly get and manage to chunk her before the move goes off. There simply isn't enough time to start running away from the move if she decides to use it within a 5 second window of you attacking with a slow weapon.

>the first two hits and dodge into her on the third
There's at least 10 hits in the combo. And running away is impossible unless you are using a dex weapon or get extremely lucky with when she uses the move. I only beat her because I respecced into dex

she is just tedious, i never felt hyped like in other bosses, it was just a eye rolling donut steel boss fight

>Im not saying i dont believe you, but this was not my experience at all. Granted i'm mid rolling. I could see it possibly with light rolling though as she just gains so much distance.
I had mid roll, basically you need to have enough time to run away from her as soon as she starts flying into the air. If she does it in melee range you're basically fucked though.
I used Uchigatana as Samurai. Haven't tried with a STR build yet, so I don't know how bad it is.
The attacks are in groups though, it's 3 separate flurries. I could rarely dodge it perfect but consistently get hit with only 1 or 2 of the attacks which didn't do too much damage.

high vig, high end, use a great shield. everything else is optional.

Huh so how the fuck are you supposed to deal with that shit except for using a greatshield with barrier?

>Huh so how the fuck are you supposed to deal with that shit except for using a greatshield with barrier?

Attached: thats the neat thing, you dont.jpg (1177x640, 71.69K)

>Instakill

Bro almost all bosses in this game instakill. Only the easier bosses like margit and godrick leave you alive after a single hit anyway so what is the problem?

Did you actually put points into the dump stat that is vigor?

are you fat rolling tho? i did it with mid load and a greatsword on a faith/strength build

> she does it in melee range you're basically fucked though.
thats probably why then. Im a spellsword and something thats been pissing me off all game is magic has a pathetically short range. Its marginally farther than your polearm weapons for most things that are worth it so even as a half caster i have to stick retarded close to anything. Pretty much every boss's standard attacks can reach well past what your magic range is. Probably also my luck that every time she jumped up to do it i was in the middle of a cast or chugging a blue pot. Still though the couple times she did it and i was actually far away i still ended up getting killed but usually could avoid most of the first flurry.

the fuck are you talking about? a lot of bosses have instakill attacks, but they're usually pretty avoidable and not everything will instantly kill you. With the exception of a test respec i did for this boss to see if more hp would actually matter, I have been running with sub 1000hp this whole game wearing cloth armor

god i fucking hate this game, never have i played a game for 70 hours only to end up hating it towards the end. Malenia and that fat fuck Godskin who has a roll attack that has ZERO wind up have ruined this game for me

What weapon? I tried using blasphemous blade but I simply didn't do enough damage to get her down before the move. It's not about the rolls it's about whether or not she uses the move around the time you swing with a slow weapon. It's simply not fast enough for you to create enough distance to survive. If you manage to escape it once I wasn't doing enough damaged to avoid it twice or even three times. Switched to dex and I could actually react to the wind up and run away

i do think its funny how the series basically went from str being king to dex owning all. its kinda annoying how some weapons just completely outclass otherones though. I love using the MLGS for my build, but find myself frequently switching to the memeveil katana because its fucking infinitely faster. Its flat out broken in pvp too. Can toss out one of the moonlight frostblade casts, and then roll catch with the moonveil blast.